PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Merch

PhantomTabitha
08-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi all!

I've recently seen that the Haunted Mansion is celebrating it's 40th aniversary with some very cool merch in DisneyLand. I know there will be an event as of the 9/9/2009 in Disneyland but wondered if any of that merch will make it's way over to WDW. We're going from the 21st of Sep to the 5th of Oct and would love to pick up some Haunted Mansion Goodies! Any tips would be much appreciated! Thank you! :hmghost:

spinnerf
08-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Just got back and Haunted Mansion is one of our favories. There was really no merchandise...they had a little booth at the end of the ride with mostly Nightmare Before Xmas themed stuff, one T shirt that just said Haunted Mansion and some key chains. Pretty lame, hope they get some new stuff.

epceddie
08-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Really! This is one of the most popular rides at WDW and the merchandise is weak. Hey Disney, how about a hitchiking ghosts t-shirt? My wife and I would both buy one.

DigitalDaredevil
08-19-2009, 12:54 AM
I would agree that Disney needs to increase their merchandise of attractions and areas. I would love to have a Tomorrowland T-shirt. I also like shirts that aren't as busy looking. A simple logo, attraction or character is cool for me.

disneycutie165
08-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Oh my gosh, i thought they would have had awesome stuff! They need to. Yeah, the only thing I recall for merch (at WDW) was "Madame Leota's" cart, which only had a few pins, keychains and about two t's, but it sounds like DL has the same! I'm sad to say this, but shape up Disney!

P.S- Have fun riding HM on your trip! :hmghost: Wish I were going! Where are you staying?

CanadianWDWFan
08-19-2009, 09:25 AM
On our last trip down my oldest son was able to trade pins with HM CM's and got some CM only pins of the Grim Grinning Ghosts. He is looking to trade some of them this year to see if there anymore HM pins out there.

The pins will have hidden Mickey's on them. I was told this is how you can tell if these are CM only pins.

I do agree though that the merchandise for the HM is quite lacking. There is a cart just outside of the entrance way that has some HM stuff on it. My youngest got HM Mickey and Minnie a few years back.

MistressGracey
08-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Madam Leota's cart is woefully inadequate for us lovers of the Mansion with money in our pockets just clamoring to be spent on some super-terrific HM merchandise.

Rumor had it during the last refurb, WDW came *this close* to adding a shop at the end of our beloved ride, but budget constraints nixed it! :( Oh, what might have been! But maybe we can still have hope for the future...

The best HM themed purchase I have made (aside from all the internet ones, LOL) was a "Doom Buggy" license plate from the cart. It is framed on my wall in a black frame, on a purple/black wallpapered background with a lovely black and white photo of the Mansion that my DH took a couple of years ago hanging above it. It's smashing! :thumbsup:

JPL
08-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Sadly the merchandise will not trickle down to WDW it was designed to promote the 40th Anniversary Celebration at Disneyland. I agree WDW definately needs more Mansion Merch and as for Leota's Cart of Jack Skellington junk, it's really a poor display of Mansion items. But this problem goes way beyond the Mansion, attraction/ park specific merchandise has been disappearing and being replace with generic(I can buy this at my local Walmart for a lot less) junk for a while now. I don't think Disney realizes that their drop in merchandise sales has more to do with the quality and variety of what they are selling than the economy.

epceddie
08-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I agree with JPL. If they cut down on the junk that lines their shelves and replace it with quality merchandise, people would buy it.
I think one of the worst offenders is the gift shop after POTC. All that cheap Pirate stuff makes me wince.

Kairi_7378
08-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Rumor had it during the last refurb, WDW came *this close* to adding a shop at the end of our beloved ride, but budget constraints nixed it! :( Oh, what might have been! But maybe we can still have hope for the future...
:thumbsup:

I don't understand why they need a gift shop to design some HM merchandise. If they can't fill a little cart with HM stuff, how would they fill a store? :(

Kairi_7378
08-24-2009, 08:49 PM
The best HM themed purchase I have made (aside from all the internet ones, LOL) was a "Doom Buggy" license plate from the cart. It is framed on my wall in a black frame, on a purple/black wallpapered background with a lovely black and white photo of the Mansion that my DH took a couple of years ago hanging above it. It's smashing! :thumbsup:

Would you be terribly offended if I borrowed this idea for DH's birthday? He bought a HM plate at the cart a few years ago and we never figured out a good way to display it. Do you have it in a shadow box frame or a regular one?

AdventurerKim
08-24-2009, 09:29 PM
HM definitely needs more and more varied merchandise! Madame Leota's cart is woefully understocked. It always seems that DL has more and better HM merchandise.

I too like the unique tshirts! I tried to get a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride shirt at the emporium in June, but my size was not there. I didn't want to pass that unique item up. Maybe it will be there in October.

JPL
08-24-2009, 10:24 PM
I don't understand why they need a gift shop to design some HM merchandise. If they can't fill a little cart with HM stuff, how would they fill a store? :(

I think if they had a gift shop they would almost be forced to expand the available merchandise :thumbsup: