PDA

View Full Version : Pin Number - HA!

blondeinbrandon
08-18-2009, 02:39 PM
I just recieved a pin code for my birthday month (October) good for 40% off a room only. I called because we have an October ressie at CBR and I thought it might drop the price slightly. NOPE! They have NOTHING available for that Pin Code. It is all booked up. My email is 45 minutes old!!!!!!
Now I'm not complaining too much I did use the passholder rate and got a decent price, but not 40% off, more like 36%. Anyway I just wanted to vent a little about Pin Codes that are worthless when you open the email. Why do they send them??? Happy Birthday! Yeah right.
:(

TammiMcMan
08-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately, the pin codes tend to target certain resorts or specific dates that aren't selling well. If your selected resort or vacation week doesn't coincide with that, then the pin won't do you much good. For those that can be flexible though, the pin can be a nice discount. Sorry it didn't work out for your timeframe. I doubt they have occupancy issues on a holiday weekend.

blondeinbrandon
08-18-2009, 03:05 PM
No Tammi - I am completely flexible. I was willing to move any weekend any resort - NOPE. All gone! The CM told me to keep calling back. I just don't understand why it is sent if it's all gone. He said there was nothing available for my pin code. What's the point? Oh well. I just wanted to show that sometimes the pin codes don't work.
:(

TammiMcMan
08-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Wow, well that's a different story then. I would probably call back and talk to guest services instead. That definitely doesn't sound right.

Tinkerbella16
08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
They always send is Pins in the mail and they rarely ever are useful.

When the General Public discount codes came out last year for the Oct-Nov timeframe I tried to apply it to my existing POFQ reservation and was told it was booked and couldn't use it there..only AKL. Okay, so again I had my TA try and whatya know, it was available at POFQ the 2nd time around... why is that? It saved us a lot of money but still. I'd say keep trying because you'll get a different CM everytime you call and something different might pop-up! Don't give up just yet.

:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
1) Maybe you just have slow email.
2) All the specials were taken by the time it got to you.

:)

momof3+twins
08-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Did it specifically say "for your birthday month"?
The reason that I ask is that I got a 40 % off code several months ago. If it is not a birthday thing, it could possibly be that code and for some strange reason you just now got it.
I don't really see many people taking the 40% off this late with free dining now running.

blondeinbrandon
08-19-2009, 09:01 AM
It was a "Happy Birthday" email with a 40% pin code for Oct 1-Oct 31. By husband got one for his birthday month of August (But way to hot to go now).
I got a 40% pin code in the spring, but it was good through Sept and I knew we wouldn't use it.
This was a brand new email for my birthday. I guess that's what bothers me, Happy Birthday! Nope.:confused:
I think all the promos they are running are working and Disney is busy. So for that I'm happy. I'm not greedy. I got a great deal and I'm happy with it. I was just sad about a pin code that didn't work that was "Happy Birthday".
But I'll be at Disney on my birthday and that's a good thing. :mickey:

Mousemates
08-19-2009, 11:27 AM
that really is a bummer...espeically if you are like us and haven't got a pin in forever...and then to get one and not be able to use it.:(