PDA

View Full Version : If you had just one drink......

redleg96
08-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Call me strange, but I rarely drink alcohol in front of my kids. We're heading back to WDW this December and I'm think I may indulge myself. If you were to have just one 'adult beverage' at WDW, what would it be and why. We're staying at the Poly (1st time) and I've heard they have some great drinks there but I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks.:marg:

LoriSan
08-18-2009, 02:21 PM
I like the Poolside Lemonade which I drink... poolside :blush:

SBETigg
08-18-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't think you're strange at all. At the Tambu Lounge, you can get a Lapu Lapu, which is fruit juices and rums served in a pineapple. They also make a virgin version, so your kids can have theirs too and not think much of you drinking the stronger version. Or, on the beach or at the Tambu Lounge, they have great frozen coladas.

Two more choices: when it's super hot out, it's great to have a Fiesta Margarita from the frozen margarita stand outside Epcot's Mexico pavilion. Or, a Grey Goose or Grand Marnier slush in France, very refreshing. They're all so good that it's hard to choose just one, but you have options.

Gregandmel
08-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Totally agree with the Lapu Lapu - it's very festive and your kids can get theirs without alcohol! Mmmmmm.....makes me want one RIGHT NOW!!!:papple:

Scott C
08-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Two more choices: when it's super hot out, it's great to have a Fiesta Margarita from the frozen margarita stand outside Epcot's Mexico pavilion. Or, a Grey Goose or Grand Marnier slush in France, very refreshing. They're all so good that it's hard to choose just one, but you have options.

Tried all three in July. Loved the Grey Goose and sampled dw's Grand Marnier(it was fine) however, dw and I decided that if we were going to get another margarita we would just pick our favorite flavor. I did not especially care for the mango part and she did not care for the lime -- to each his own but I feel that there is a fair chance that one might not care for one of the flavors contained in the fiesta version.

Thanks
Scott C

RAIDER
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Tough call
But i agree with the majority the lapu lapu its presentation is the essence of what a holiday is about for me .....:cloud9:

closely followed by a frozen magarita :marg:

Good question :thumbsup:

spinnerf
08-18-2009, 04:05 PM
A Franziskaner Weissbier from Oktoberfest in the Germany area.:beer:

Luthien Tinuviel
08-18-2009, 04:15 PM
I really enjoy sitting on the balcony of the Bellevue Room at the Boardwalk, drinking a salty dog (gin and grapefruit juice). It's not a drink that's specific to Disney World, but there's something about the atmosphere of the Boardwalk and the humidity that make it seem, to me, like the perfect drink.

Tinkerbella16
08-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Lapu Lapu at the Poly!!!!!! yummmmy!

Scar
08-18-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure what I would pick, but if I could only have "one"... I'd make it a pitcher.;)

omearac
08-18-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't think you're strange at all. At the Tambu Lounge, you can get a Lapu Lapu, which is fruit juices and rums served in a pineapple.

Sounds great!!! I will definitely try one in September.

My favorite drink at DWD is hands down a pomagranite martini - YUM!!!!!!!!:marg:

jonahbear2006
08-18-2009, 06:38 PM
I dont drink around my kids either. I feel stupid, and for good reason it makes me act stupid, lol

MinnieMommie
08-18-2009, 06:53 PM
OK - This one is from my daughter...she highly recommends the Lapu Lapu. We were at the Poly for her 21st birthday and this was her drink of choice. She gets one each trip since. It is very strong (made with Bacardi rum and 151) and comes served in a pineapple (or a glass). The Grand Marnier orange slush at France (outside kiosk) also comes highly recommended. :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
08-18-2009, 07:35 PM

That stuff is awesome! DH bought a case of it a couple weeks ago. We still have quite a bit left...the bottles are huge! Getting a beer in the Germany pavilion is definitely DH's favorite!

I love the Grand Marnier Slush and the Grey Goose Slush, along with a glass of Nuvo (sold in France). I'm told it's seasonal, but I've seen it there during 3 different trips last year.

ibrowse17
08-18-2009, 07:41 PM

I agree:thumbsup:

DisneyHoneymooners
08-19-2009, 09:55 AM
I think mine would have to be the Pina Colava poolside at the AKL

IloveDisney71
08-19-2009, 11:22 PM
I agree with several of the previous posters. The Lapu Lapu at Poly is wonderful and very "Poly" since it's served in a pineapple. :papple:
I also enjoy the margaritas from Mexico at Epcot - very tasty. :marg: