PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member discounts to upgrade???

Imagineer1981
08-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Hopefully some CMs on here will help me out. I know you can book rooms with a CM discount, but can you upgrade a reservation with a CM discount??? Lets say you are at POP and want to upgrade to Caribbean Beach, could you call and say I want to upgrade my reservation and here is my CM discount? Please is anyone has any info, let me know!

TheRustyScupper
08-18-2009, 04:57 PM
1) Only the CM can make/change a CM-discount ressie.
2) They make them through the portal.
3) The CM can change resorts.
4) If available, a discount can apply.

lockedoutlogic
08-18-2009, 07:18 PM
to expand a little....let me explain how the CM rate goes:

the number of cast member rates available and locations varies pretty significantly from one time period to another.

In other words, the rates are made available to fill a niche in the booking chart....not necessarily do you get a set number of rates at set locations.

For instance...at one time period there may be 20 at POP....none at a moderate....5 at the poly...ten at the grand...and so on.

There may also be rates available in only certain booking categories...which can get complicated in the deluxes where there can be 5-7 or more categories.

The way it does NOT work is this: it's not like there are say 100 CM rates and they can be applied anywhere.

IF i understand the initial question: then the answer is NO...you can't then "upgrade" a reservation

You can get a reservation at Caribbean and then can the one at POP....but they are separate based on what is allocated...not linked

So it is possible the there are rooms available for upgrade but there are no CM rates at the location you want to "upgrade" to....

That is done for a variety of reasons...the main being that CM rates are meant as filler to put people in rooms that historically would be available and keep them out of those that would typically sell on their own at rack or through packages...

did i make any sense?:thedolls: