PDA

View Full Version : Adventurers Club

spinnerf
08-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Just was in Down Town Disney last week and wanted to let all the Adveturers club enthusiasts know that the club, although not open, is very well cared for. Where as a club like 8 trax is looking like "please tear me down" the Advent. Club is still in perfect shape and is obviously being maintained. Im sure it must hold a spot for the futrue of the Pleasure Island section.

BMan62
08-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I believe that Sept. 25 is the LAST evening it will even be open for special events. There was an auction for two 'tickets' for this even at MagicMeets, and the listing called it the last hurrah.

spinnerf
08-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Really? too bad it looked like maybe there was hope for the club. I know so many people really enjoyed it.

sagitarius
08-18-2009, 08:40 PM
I believe that Sept. 25 is the LAST evening it will even be open for special events. There was an auction for two 'tickets' for this even at MagicMeets, and the listing called it the last hurrah.

Sadly, this is true. :(

I purchased 2 tickets for this event a month ago. It will, in fact, be the last time that the club will be live. In early October, they are going to start shipping everything to China.:down:

JPL
08-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Just for the record this is at least 2nd if not 3rd last hurrah for the club sounds like people just trying to cash in. Last year at this time there was a claim that an event was the last ever and of course the "final night". While there are plans for an Adventurer's Club in China no indications have been made that they are going to start shipping out the items from WDW to China. As a matter of fact during a few different press conferences regarding the Pleasure Island Area the VP in charge of the area has made references to the club possibly coming back.

sagitarius
08-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Just for the record this is at least 2nd if not 3rd last hurrah for the club sounds like people just trying to cash in. Last year at this time there was a claim that an event was the last ever and of course the "final night". While there are plans for an Adventurer's Club in China no indications have been made that they are going to start shipping out the items from WDW to China. As a matter of fact during a few different press conferences regarding the Pleasure Island Area the VP in charge of the area has made references to the club possibly coming back.

I wish even half of this were true. Unfortunately, it is confirmed through Disney's reservation center that there are no events planned nor can they be planned at this time. The evidence will be clear in early October. Let the actions speak for themselves.

If, in fact, Disney decides to have a last minute change of heart, I would be ecstatic. However, I will expect that their decisions will remain "par for the course" as of late.
:(

sagitarius
08-20-2009, 05:52 PM

Oh, and by the way... The people arranging the VIP event on the 25th are a not-for-profit organization and are fellow adventurers. Not people trying to cash in.

JPL
08-20-2009, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't exactly call the organizers a non-profit organization. I know they are donating a small portion to charity but still making a profit for themselves.

sagitarius
08-21-2009, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't exactly call the organizers a non-profit organization. I know they are donating a small portion to charity but still making a profit for themselves.

You can actually go to their site and see their not for profit (state issued) Identification number.

Is it so hard to believe that there are people alive in this world that do things because they have a passion for them? I know it's hard to imagine, but a little imagination never hurt anyone.

lettripp
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I saw the title of this thread and had to post.

With our upcoming Disney vacation looming, I was trying to think back on the BEST TIMES we had during the last trip... and although I was extremely intoxicated and don't remember everything, I KNOW that the Adventurer's Club was a highlight. I am so sad that we will never be able to repeat the experience :-(

1DisneyNut
02-25-2010, 01:54 PM
We miss it too. We really enjoyed the Adventurers Club. Miss retiring to the library. Miss coming in a stranger and leaving a little stranger. It would be nice if they would find a place for it at WDW as it was one of the favorites for many. Kungaloosh!