PDA

View Full Version : "What are THEY Doing Here? This is my Palace!"

AuntKari
08-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Aunt Kari’s at Disney-“What are they doing here? This is my Palace” -Day 11

Hi Everybody-Day 11 and the family’s first day at Epcot.

Notes:
1. I think the two character breakfasts I chose on this trip were fabulous.
2. Wish Disney had more rides. They really need some more coasters and TOT type rides!!!
3. The parades are great-well done Disney!
4. Wish Disney had more choices of foods.
5. Mama Missi still lovin her Mickey Bars!!!
6. These Perkin kids are a delight to travel with. I knew that before I booked 12 days with them but truly, I am amazed!! Do you know we have not had even 1 fit from one of these kids. TRULY! WOW! Well done Daddy and Mama!

What did Aunt Kari do today: Up and goin! Aunt Kari can feel she is getting tired though. A full day at Epcot-Open to Close!! We arrived Epcot at 7:30 AM for the Princess Storybook Dining. I did not tell the kids until we arrived what we were doing. Baby Carly was the most excited! It was a quick breakfast-wish there was a bit more time to talk to the Princesses. But they did a great job. AND….WE GOT CINDERELLA!!! Had a wonderful server. Aunt Kari ran for Fastpasses to Soarin and the family went to Test Track. No problems at either. Aunt Kari walked right onto Test Track via the single rider lane. We then saw Honey I shrunk the Audience, Finding Nemo, and Turtle Talk with Crush. All good. Family loved Soarin. Living with the Land is currently closed and I hope it opens before I leave. Next came world Showcase. The Kidcot stations (Masks) and Passports were great fun. The kids got every country and I would recommend purchasing the passports for them. We got some great entertainment and characters. Their first autograph book from AK is filled and they are the second ones. We finished with 2 runs on Mission Space (the green/calm ride would not bother anyone with motion sickness but might bother anyone with claustiphobia) and then we visited Inoventions. We did not get enough time in Innoventions and did not get to Spaceship Earth or Ellen’s Energy Adventure so we will go to them on a second Epcot visit as the family LOVED Innoventions (especially great for the teens).

Hotel: Rental home. It really is just great! Wonderful to be able to do laundry every night, spread out, have space for everything etc. It is a lovely home! Worth spending more money to be very close to Disney in my opinion.

Drink: Nothing to report on.

Food: Oh France!!! You gotta hear this. I ordered 2 Chocolate croissants, 2 Almond croissants, 1 Apple tart, 1 Strawberry tart, 1 Lemon tart, and a Napoleon all for myself and the people working there would not believe it was all for me. YUM!!! My total weakness and I am proud to say I ate it all and proud to say I am going back. Wanted to eat in Germany but it did not work out with the kids. We will be going to Epcot with the adults though.

Shopping: The adults plan to spend more time shopping in World Showcase.

Aunt Kari’s Magical Moments: Baby Carly at breakfast said of the Princesses, “What are they are all doing here. This is my palace.” Baby Carly said of the visits of Tinkerbelle at night, “Well, she might come at night but she might be coming in the morning since she GETS UP AT 4:00.” And Little Cole said, “I don’t think, maybe you aren’t, maybe it is really Tinkerbelle because I don’t know how you can go out every night and buy the toys because you don’t leave and go to the store.” Thank goodness for hiding things in closets eh!? Someone should write a book on the precious things the kids say at Disney.

Spreading the Magic: Gave away Fastpasses as we left the park.

Evaluations: I liked Epcot better this visit and look forward to going back with adults. They have some good characters here! Even liked that Epcot parking lot better. Overall employees have been good-wish they were all as great as some though. Makes it so much more magical!

What did Disney get wrong today: It is hard to time the entertainment at Epcot and see it all.

What did Aunt Kari get wrong today: She didn’t order enough sweets at France and will have to go back….YUM!!!

yjgirl32
08-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Glad to hear you liked eating with the princesses- we will be there in 17 days(14 till we are in Disney- little excited). Thanks so much for sharing.

betteratmk
08-18-2009, 08:20 AM
:number1: I love the bakery in France, we spend alot of our snack credits there!! But you couldn't of eaten all that in 1 sitting...:sick: could you? Great trip report, I've enjoyed every min.!!!

nicster
08-18-2009, 09:04 AM
I love the kidlogic:mickey: ... they think they have it all figured out:secret:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Wow! What a great day in Epcot. We love Innovations too, there is so much to do and try (and it is air-conditioned)

hoop de do
08-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Sounds like you had a "sweet" time.
Thanks again for your report. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mindi Sanders
08-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Carly's remark - no surprise - cute!
Cole's remark - too cute!!
No Fits - I told you they would be just fine!
The Desserts - good thing you are doing lots of walking and sweating - that's alot of calories!
More Rides - this was my concern, but we would LOVE the shows!!!
Tired - I am sure you are - you have worked hard to make this a memeorable trip!
Magical Waitresses - Maybe you should retire and work at Disney - you would be perfect!
Today - Hope that it is great!
Little Sis

DizNee143
08-18-2009, 12:48 PM
what another great day!!!
WOW all those sweet treats sound yummy! i dont think i could of eaten them all in one day though!! more power to you!!
:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
08-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Another full day! EPCOT is my favorite park. I cant wait till our food and wine fest trip. 3 full days in EPCOT!! Have a great tomorow Kari!

T-Belle
08-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks for another great report.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-23-2009, 12:27 AM
Sounds like a fun time so far. I can't believe you ate all those pastries!! I couldn't eat that many all week long.

faline
09-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Tinkerbelle is quite busy! What wonderful magic you are spreading!

We dined at Akershus for the first time last week and quite enjoyed it! Glad it was a hit with your group as well!

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: