PDA

View Full Version : Sea World

Sunshine1010
08-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Can anyone steer me in the right direction about Sea World..? Best discounts, etc....

I know WDW is always crowded....what are the crowds compared to Sea World in the first 2 weeks of December?

TracyL
10-23-2009, 05:25 PM
We just visited SeaWorld recently, for the first time in years. We went on Labor Day Sunday, and it was a ghost town. I would expect that in the first two weeks of December it will be pretty quiet -- it doesn't seem to attract locals the way the Disney parks do.

The first two weeks of December generally are a great time to visit Orlando. The weather is nice (can be cool, so be sure to pack appropriately), the crowds are generally light and the decorations are fabulous!

Disney has done a lot to provide incentives for people to visit during the slow times, and the weekends will be busy especially at Downtown Disney and other shopping/dining centers. But if you stay in the theme parks and out of the malls, you should have a marvelous time!

Sunshine1010
10-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Wow - it was a ghosttown? Did you do the whole park in 1 day?

Marilyn Michetti
10-24-2009, 02:22 PM
It's not very crowded the first two weeks of Christmas. I don't know how it will be this year, since Anheiser Busche sold Sea World. The word is that it will be pretty much the same, so we'll see.......:(

dani226
11-04-2009, 03:10 PM
We were there October 1st - granted, it was in the middle of the week, but the crowds were very low. We got there first thing in the morning and didn't notice any real volume until we were leaving around 2 or 3pm. We didn't do the coasters or even many shows as we had my 2yo DS, but I still didn't see long lines for them. In fact, one of the last exhibits we did was the artic exhibit & DH was complaining that there was a 15 minute wait!

Lelandmm
12-21-2009, 02:36 PM
We visited Sea World San Diego in March.
The only thing I will point out with visiting of the Sea World's in "slow season" is make sure you take note of the HOURS the park is open.

When we went in March, the park was only open from 10am to 5pm. There was just enough time to go from show to show, we really didn't get to see enough of the displays or the animals. We had to miss whole sections.

When we go back, I will make sure that the park is open longer!

(We couldn't do more than one day. Fiance' is active duty military, and they only get ONE free day)

mom2morgan
12-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Totally manageable crowds both times we went in December. I wouldn't say "ghost town" at that time, though - there were enough people for it to still feel lively and fun! The second time we went, we did Discovery Cove. It is pricey - but so unique - the whole day was great, but the highlight (of course) is the swim with the dolphins. That came with a free 7 day pass to Seaworld. I have a 17 year old daughter who is determined to do something along those lines as a career, so it was a must-do for us.