PDA

View Full Version : Kids IDs

szyper
08-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping ID on their children? I think we stuck paper in their shoes last time, but I was thinking of more of a clip on or waist bag this time. We can have state IDs made, so they would be the size of a driver's license (plus a paper with our cell nos., etc.). I'll have a 6-year-old, almost 4-year-old, and a 6-month-old (of course, she'll be attached to me). Also, is there anything else they should carry on them? Thanks!

doombuggygal
08-17-2009, 08:38 PM
This would not work for everyone but I am a nurse and I use the armband from the hospital that we write patient allergies on. I put name and our contact info on it. I put it on when we leave and cut it off when we get home. Works really well if you have access to something like that.

scootch713
08-17-2009, 09:01 PM
I put my cell phone on tape and inside their shoes. They know it is there and what to do if they get lost.

DisneyLuvRSince76
08-17-2009, 09:40 PM
We used a Velcro ID Tag for DS's shoes.

I didn't write his name in it, just my cell phone number.

It worked well and have used it since. We actually receive a lot of compliments on it!

g8rgirl29
08-17-2009, 09:57 PM
We used temporary tattoo's that you add your phone number onto last year, we found them online. They worked really well and lasted about 3 days. If you are set on the ID's you could go to Walmart and purchase the retractable ID clips that they have. They are $1 and can be found in the mens dept near the ties. We got them to use for PM EMH where you have to keep pulling your KTW card out. They clip onto your shirt and have a retractable string and a plastic area to put your card. We also took pictures of our child standing next to a height marker, we put all the vital info such as height, weight, eye & hair color on the back. My husband and I each kept a copy on us and one at the room just in case. Take a pic with your cell each am so you know what they are wearing if you get separated.

Disney Doll
08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
We're using the engraved dog tags you can make from the machines and attaching it to DS's shoe laces. He's not quite 2 so I wanted something more visible.

jonahbear2006
08-18-2009, 01:47 PM
We bought the disney id tags out of the machines inside the parks. They were $10 a piece, but our kids love them and use them all year round. They stay on their shoes all the time. I think it was worth having, and they got to choose their favorite disney character.

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-18-2009, 06:40 PM
To get the Disney tags, do the shoes need laces. We have velcro so don't know if that will work?

wire0monkey
08-19-2009, 07:14 AM
We get engraved metal dogtags made at Petsmart and use a safety pin to pin it to their shirts. If the kid is little, pin it to the back of the shirt, so they can't take it off.

You can also just write a cell-phone number on their arm with a Sharpie marker.

People who do a lot of running get engraved metal tags that fit on their shoes.

momof3+twins
08-19-2009, 07:38 AM
As young as your kiddos are you really should get something that can be seen easily. I have heard that the CMs can't touch your child if they are lost. I actually saw this in action last year and really think the guy was nervous so I stayed with the little girl.
Try the safetytats. They have a website. You get about 24 tattoos for $20. I am trying the one that have the phone number on the tattoo already this time. Last time, we did the ones that you have to write on with a marker. I didn't feel that the phone number was very visible if you messed up your handwriting on your wiggly child.
I have read that the CMs look for visible ID like on their forearm. So that is wear I put the tattoos.
Also, I have a child that wanders, so he gets the alarm bear. It attaches to his shoe and I have the remote to set the alarm off.
PM me if you want to check out the safety tats and need a site. BYW..I have them already and they look great/:thumbsup:

ChinaMama
08-19-2009, 08:23 PM
We just use a sharpie and write our cell phone number around the heel part of their shoes. Then it is on their shoes all the time - even if they get lost in the mall at home.:D

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
We have bought some ID's on line, they are like the papery/plasticky bracelets that once you take off the sticky stuff and attach it, they dont unattach without scissors. They are a neon yellow and say ID on them. and on the inside I write my cell phone. I actually used to attach them around their ankles, but now they are older and I do the wrists.

One day I forgot to put it on them, and the CM's were handing out character stickers to the kids in line at the bus... So I took one, wrote my cell # on it, and "If lost call" and I stuck it to the back of their shirts.

For that matter, before I found the neon ID bracelets, I had stuck duct tape to the back of their shirts and written the same.

Duct tape... never leave home without it!

szyper
08-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the GREAT ideas! Now I just have to decide...

jonahbear2006
08-20-2009, 06:05 PM
if you buy the disney tags you have the option of buying a necklace chain with them; which we opted for the girls bc sometimes they had dress shoes on; or bring a chain from home in prep for it. They ones there are $2.00

Tez
08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
I am planning on wearing my roadid when at the parks. You can find them online. They have velcro on them with a metal plate that has info engraved on them. It is actually something that runners and bicyclist wear. They have different types that go on the wrist, ankle, shoe, and dog tag style. Not sure they make them small enough for kids but you could ask.