PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars - Season 9 (Premieres Sept 21)

Melanie
08-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Cast revealed this morning -

Aaron Carter
Ashley Hamilton
Chuck Liddell
Debi Mazar
Donny Osmond
Joanna Krupa
Kathy Ireland
Kelly Osbourne
Louie Vito
Macy Gray
Mark Dacascos
Melissa Joan Hart
Michael Irvin
Mya
Natalie Coughlin
Tom Delay

yjgirl32
08-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info! Can't wait.

sportsguy2315
08-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Another good cast. My darkhorse: Chuck Liddell. I saw him at the celebrity golf tournament in Tahoe last month and he had one of the biggest crowds. I'm also pretty sure it'll get a more diverse audience into the show who may not consider ballroom dancing entertainment.

Basket Mommy
08-17-2009, 11:19 AM
I know people are going to ask "Who is _____?' I asked that about a lot of these people, so I looked 'em all up.

Aaron Carter - brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter; actor & singer

Ashley Hamilton - son of actor & Dancing alum George Hamilton

Chuck Liddell - UFC fighter

Debi Mazar - actress; most recently seen on "Entourage"

Donny Osmond - Marie's big brother ; )

Joanna Krupa - her website says she's the "sexiest top model in the world"

Kathy Ireland - former supermodel turned business woman

Kelly Osbourne - daughter of Ozzy

Louie Vito - Pro Snowboarder

Macy Gray - R&B singer/songwriter

Mark Dacascos - best known as "The Chairman" on Food Network's "Iron Chef America"

Michael Irvin - former NFL player

Mya - singer

Natalie Coughlin - Olympic swimming medalist

Tom DeLay - former Republican member of the House of Representatives

coloradowendyl
08-17-2009, 01:55 PM
I would really like to see Etyna paired with a decent partner this time! They love to give her the clunky football players lol. If Etyna doesn't get Michael Irvin, could be Katrina.

My guess is they will give Lacey either Aaron Carter or even Chuck...bad boy image to her unconventional style.

Tony will get Kathy Ireland or the other model.

Mark and Derek will get Kelly and Natalie...one will get one, one the other one.

Anna will get Tom DeLay or maybe Kim

New Pro will get Ashley Hamilton or maybe the snowboarder..Chelsea will get the other one

Donny will go to Cheryl or maybe Etyna

Maks will get Debi Mazar

I just hope they bring back Fabian. Louis is definitely back!

Of course, I could be dead wrong lol. Supposedly the pairings are announced Wed.

Wendy

RedSoxFan
08-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Looks like a great cast. Looking forward to the season.

Melanie
08-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Louis is definitely back!

Of course, I could be dead wrong lol. Supposedly the pairings are announced Wed.

Louis is back? Good! I'm always interested in the pairings as well.

MNNHFLTX
08-17-2009, 08:49 PM
I about keeled over when I saw Tom Delay on the list. I would watch the show based on his participation alone (and that's saying something because I didn't even watch the last season).

He is not a popular man in Texas anymore. ;)

BriarRose0708
08-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Mya was in Chicago and can dance really well. Ballroom is an entirely different universe, but I'm hoping for good things from her.

Tinkerbella
08-17-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm really excited about Kelly Osbourne! She's such a sweetheart, IMHO. I don't know about Aaron Carter and Donny Osmund though...Excited for this to return!:thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I went over to ABC to see if any of the "stars" that I don't know by name look familiar, I still have no clue as to who a number of them are. I can't get over how much Ashley Hamliton looks like his mother, Alana Stewart. Also wasn't he romantically connected at one time with Shannen Doherty?

Basket Mommy
08-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Also wasn't he romantically connected at one time with Shannen Doherty?

They were briefly married.

pixiesmimi
08-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Don't know most of these but Natalie Coughlin is from Auburn! Yea!

citizensnoopy
08-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm excited about this group! I love Donny Osmond and Melissa Joan Hart. Should be a good season!

Basket Mommy
08-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Don't know most of these but Natalie Coughlin is from Auburn! Yea!

Oh! I totally forgot that! Now I have a favorite! WAR EAGLE!

pixiesmimi
08-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh! I totally forgot that! Now I have a favorite! WAR EAGLE!

WAR EAGLE!

Melanie
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
There are some pairings leaking -

Maks and Debi Mazar :ack:

Karina and Aaron Carter

Edyta and Ashley Hamilton (that could be interesting)

Kym and Donny Osmond

Alec and Natalie Coughlin (really like this pairing!)

Cheryl and Tom Delay (poor Cheryl - bye, bye!)

Melanie
08-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Dmitry and Mya

coloradowendyl
08-21-2009, 11:15 AM
13 confirmed as of now...3 left:
13 CONFIRMED

Dimitry....Mya

Kym......Donny Osmond

Karina.....Aaron

Cheryl.....Tom DeLay

Edyta......Ashley Hamilton

Maksim.....Debi Mazar

Alec.......Natalie Coughlin

Anna T.....Chuck Liddell

Lacey........Mark DaCascos

Anna D.....Michael Irving

Chelsie....Louie Vito

Derek......Joanna Krupo

Louis......Kelly Osbourne

3 Not Confirmed but Leaked

Tony.....Kathy Ireland

Mark.......Melissa Joan Heart

Fabian.....Macy Gray

Wendy

Buddy08
08-21-2009, 01:44 PM
By Alec do you mean Alec Mazo, Edyta's husband?

coloradowendyl
08-21-2009, 02:01 PM
By Alec do you mean Alec Mazo, Edyta's husband?

Yup...that Alec

DWTS message boards now confirming Tony and Kathy Ireland. That leaves Melissa Joan Hart and Macy Gray to be matched up.

Wendy

Melanie
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Yay - Maks got wise! :thumbsup:

From People.com

Maksim & Karina Split!

It looks like Dancing With the Stars' Karina Smirnoff and Maksim Chmerkovskiy will be performing their next dances solo.

The pair, who just last month gushed about how they do everything together, have broken up after about a year, Smirnoff's rep tells PEOPLE.

RELATED QUIZ: Guess the Star Engagement Ring!

"I can confirm that this is true," the rep says. No reason was given and the rep says no further statement would be issued. Chmerkovskiy's rep didn't immediately comment.

Smirnoff, 31, and Chmerkovskiy, 28, who became engaged in December, had planned on getting married in June 2010, but prolonged their engagement in July because of their busy Broadway schedules.

"We're not rushing," Smirnoff said at the time. "As long as we're together, tying the knot is a plus, it's something extra."

coloradowendyl
09-22-2009, 10:17 AM
After watching last night, I think Etyna's season may be very short! And it will be interesting to see if Chelsie can do as much with Louie as she did with Ty!

Tonight...the women! Watching the women in the audience,it seemed to me that Macie Gray did not seem very happy!

Wendy

Lizzy
09-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Ok, I am so happy that DWTS is back on.

Here's my points-

I love the Iron Chef guy and Chuck Liddel! LOL.

I thought that Aaron Carter was just like watching Cody again. "I'm Mr immature and ADHD- lala" And I actually liked Cody, but I really don't like Aaron Carter for some reason. He grated on my nerves a little too much.

I can't stand Donny Osmond even more. Unfotunatly it looks like he will be around for a while this season. Ugh

Melanie
09-22-2009, 12:27 PM
After watching last night, I think Etyna's season may be very short! And it will be interesting to see if Chelsie can do as much with Louie as she did with Ty!

Tonight...the women! Watching the women in the audience,it seemed to me that Macie Gray did not seem very happy!

Wendy

I know! Poor Ashley just doesn't seem to have it. And I really like Edyta. :(

Can't wait to see Alec and Natalie!

Melanie
09-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Hmmm, not even sure what to say about Macy Gray. I will say though that I don't think Jonathan is a good match for her physically.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Kelly do so well. Her and her family's reaction all seemed very genuine to me.

I'm not liking the gal with Derek. I can see her getting on my nerves very quickly.

pixiesmimi
09-23-2009, 10:24 AM
I agree. I don't think Macy Gray wants to be there and isn't really trying. She will probably be the first to go. I really am liking Natalie. I've been cheering her on in the Olympics and now with this because she is from Auburn. I loved Kelly last night and was very surprised at how well she did. I think they all have a long way to go except maybe the little girl with black hair that did so well last night (sorry, can't remember her name, Mae?). I think Donnie is dominating it right now and figured he would. I think the boxer will be the first to go. Like Macy, he doesn't seem to want to be there. I didn't think there was anything wrong with Donnie's first performance that everyone said was too theatrical except all the faces he makes, but he is a performer and that is what he does. At least he doesn't seem scared to death.

buzznwoodysmom
09-23-2009, 10:35 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to see Kelly do so well. Her and her family's reaction all seemed very genuine to me.

I totall agree. I was so surprised to see how well Kelly did. Her parent's reaction was so cute and I too believe it to be genuine.

I was really hoping Edyta would get paired up with a great dancer this year. I think its her turn to have a great partner and a chance at winning. Has she had any good partners in the past??? I can't remember.

Melanie
09-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I was really hoping Edyta would get paired up with a great dancer this year. I think its her turn to have a great partner and a chance at winning. Has she had any good partners in the past??? I can't remember.

She had Jason Taylor a few seasons back. Definitely her best chance at winning.

TheDuckRocks
09-23-2009, 12:07 PM
She had Jason Taylor a few seasons back. Definitely her best chance at winning.

Didn't she also have Joey Lawrence? If so he was very good and final 3 if I remember right.
(Anybody other than me notice as I get older more of my responses are formed as questions?:D)

Melanie
09-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Didn't she also have Joey Lawrence? If so he was very good and final 3 if I remember right.
(Anybody other than me notice as I get older more of my responses are formed as questions?:D)

Yes Kay, you are right. I remember that now. Still, she's gotten her share of stinkers but she's also got a reputation of not being a great choreographer. :unsure:

coloradowendyl
09-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Macy was painful to watch. Kathy Ireland is definitely right behind her in terms of not sticking around long.

I have to say I was surprised by Debbie Mazar. I thought she would be better than she was last night.

I think the women are stronger than the men this year: Maya, Natalie, Joanna, and Kelly are strong contenders. And definitely Dimitry is following in Maks footsteps for Bad Boy (aka eye candy) on the show!

Tonight I think Macy and Ashley will be going.

Wendy

Melanie
09-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Tonight I think Macy and Ashley will be going.

Good call Wendy, and with Edyta and Jonathan leaving, no more married couples competing. That's a bummer.

I LOVED the Patrick Swayze tribute. Well done!

green ranger
09-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Wait, Edyta is married to the professional dancer Alec?
Wow, I did not know that. See, Intercot teaches me so many things!

Melanie
09-23-2009, 10:04 PM

Yes. They are such a beautiful couple.

Fairy Grandmother
09-24-2009, 01:34 AM
Wow, I did not know that. See, Intercot teaches me so many things!

:ditto: I did not know this either. Thanks Intercot.

I hate to see Jonathan and Edyta go so early. I hope they will both be back for some pro dance numbers.

Lizzy
10-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Is anyone else having a hard time connecting with this season's cast like in the past seasons of this show?

TwinPrincesses
10-04-2009, 12:17 AM
I miss Julianne Hough

pixiesmimi
10-05-2009, 10:18 AM
I thought that the other night too. Do you know why she isn't on this time? Is it her musical career?

Lizzy
10-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, Julianne was my favorite too. I think she is pursuing her musical career. Too bad.

Also, I think because they have such a huge cast that the dances and the personal time with the couples are cut shorter.

Melanie
10-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Julianne was actually going to take off last season, but they coaxed her back by allowing her to dance with her boyfriend.

Stich8818
10-06-2009, 11:02 AM
has anyone else felt that it has been like bizzaro world on DWTS this year? For some reason this season is just not doing something for me. Although I have voted the earliest I have ever done I have voted for Mark and Lacey the past 2 weeks. I hope whatever he needs to "get it" he gets it soon I dont want to see him get booted.

Buddy08
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
I voted for Mark and Lacey also. I really like both of them. I also love the chemistry between Louie and Chelsea. He has such a crush on her it is cute. I also like Dimitri and Mya. The celebrities don't seem to be doing as well as in earlier years. Is it because they are limiting rehearsal times due to so many injuries in previous years? I think the only fair thing to do tonight is for Tom to either withdraw or get eliminated. He is trying to dance with TWO stress fractures and was advised by the producers and his doctors to wwithdraw. (Never been a big Cheryl fan.) That way it would give the other people who aren't injured at least a chance to improve. I also hate to see Debi and Max go. I feel sorry for him since Karina dumped him. I was never a big Max fan but I like Karina alot less, especially since they broke up.

MNNHFLTX
10-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I have only been watching sporadically so far this season and mainly because I was curious about how Tom Delay would perform. One thing that is bugging me is that the local news station is constantly entreating people to vote for him, because he is from the Houston area. This drives me nuts! People should not try to advance someone in the competition just because they are a "local", especially when they are not very good. I agree with that with the stress fractures and his past performances it's time for him to go home and allow other more capable dancers to continue on.

Melanie
10-06-2009, 02:39 PM
I think I'm feeling disconnected this season because I just have no good feelings for the two top couples. Dmitry and Mya are just blah to me (boring, boring, boring), and I don't like Karina and Aaron at all! I've never cared for Karina. :thedolls:

I hope Natalie and Alec really step it up in the weeks to come. She does seem to have good potential.

coloradowendyl
10-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Aaron Carter just gets on my nerves...and what was up with what he was wearing last night? It looked like he raided Karina's lingerie drawer for a top!

I would love to see Chelsie and Louie step it up and I have to say, I am definitely pulling for Kelly...it seems like she is really trying to turn her life into the positive.

Debi Mazar just looks po'ed all the time...she can't relax...she and Maks are just not a good combo!

Wendy

Melanie
10-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I have only been watching sporadically so far this season and mainly because I was curious about how Tom Delay would perform. One thing that is bugging me is that the local news station is constantly entreating people to vote for him, because he is from the Houston area. This drives me nuts! People should not try to advance someone in the competition just because they are a "local", especially when they are not very good. I agree with that with the stress fractures and his past performances it's time for him to go home and allow other more capable dancers to continue on.

I have to like how he's representing A&M though, or maybe that's an embarrassment? ;)

Melanie
10-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Aaron Carter just gets on my nerves...and what was up with what he was wearing last night? It looked like he raided Karina's lingerie drawer for a top!

He looked like he was trying to be Hugh Hefner, and he looks TWELVE! :ack:

Lizzy
10-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm glad they eliminated another couple even with Tom Delay pulling out of the competition. I felt bad for him though, he looked heartbroken to have to do it.

Did anyone catch on Monday nights show during the recap at the end of the show while showing Tom and Cheryl the host said "To vote for Derek and (I forgot her name) call ...." they had Tom's numbers up but said Derek and put Derek's number's up! Whoops. Unless they did it on purpose so people wouldn't waste their votes.

Paula on DWTS was weird enough, but she was so creepy!

MNNHFLTX
10-07-2009, 09:37 AM
I have to like how he's representing A&M though, or maybe that's an embarrassment? ;)I vote for the latter.

Can you tell I'm not a fan? ;)

TheDuckRocks
10-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Thank goodness Tom is gone, I don't think my eyes could have taken another week of the old man fanny in the tight pants.:ack:

pixiesmimi
10-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm glad they eliminated another couple even with Tom Delay pulling out of the competition. I felt bad for him though, he looked heartbroken to have to do it.

Did anyone catch on Monday nights show during the recap at the end of the show while showing Tom and Cheryl the host said "To vote for Derek and (I forgot her name) call ...." they had Tom's numbers up but said Derek and put Derek's number's up! Whoops. Unless they did it on purpose so people wouldn't waste their votes.

Paula on DWTS was weird enough, but she was so creepy!

I noticed the mix up on the names and numbers for voting and wondered about it. I also thought Paula was just strange.

I am glad Tom is gone. I was hoping they wouldn't pull another Cloris. But I thought the wrestler should have gone. (I think that is what he is) ???

Lizzy
10-09-2009, 09:04 AM
He is UFC (Ultimate Fighting Champ) Chuck Liddell!

I love him! He cracks me up out there. He's not really good but I do agree with the ones that have gone home before him so far

Melanie
10-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Aaron Carter creeps me out! :ack:

coloradowendyl
10-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Aaron Carter creeps me out!

I am so glad I am not the only one! Let's hope he is voted off very quickly.

I just love the way Kelly and Louis interact and I was thrilled to see Mark/Melissa do so well.

But...ditch the Two Step, none of them really "got it" and it just doesn't fit the show IMHO.

wendy

TheDuckRocks
10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Aaron Carter creeps me out! :ack:

Me too!:ack::ack:

There were so many last night that did not do well I think we could see almost anyone go home this week.

Safe (maybe?): Joanna, Kelly, Mya, Donny, Melissa and by her performance Natalie but I'm not sure about her fan base.

Aaron, Chuck, Louie, Mark and Michael all fell short of a good perfromance. But please, please let it be Aaron.

Buddy08
10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I really have a soft spot in my heart for Louie. He really didn't seem to "dance' last night but it does seem that the two step is hard. I hope it is either the football guy or Chuck, not because I don't like them but because they seem like they are the 2 weakest dancers. Of course I wouldn't be disappointed at all if Aaron goes. I don't like him either.

Melanie
10-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Yay! Aaron and Karina in the bottom 2. Woohoo!

And I meant to mention earlier that I could go without seeing Derek shirtless for the rest of my life. Alec or Dmitry, oh yes! Derek, not so much. He's kinda wearing on my nerves.

Melanie
10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
BOO HISS!!!

Bye Chuck! :(

Buddy08
10-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Sorry to see Chuck go. He seemed to be a pleasant guy. At least Karina and Aaron were in the bottom 2. Maybe they will go next week.:fingers:

TheDuckRocks
10-14-2009, 12:12 PM
And I meant to mention earlier that I could go without seeing Derek shirtless for the rest of my life. Alec or Dmitry, oh yes! Derek, not so much. He's kinda wearing on my nerves.

I'm sure hoping he never does that again. He seems a little ADHD without meds to me.

RedSoxFan
10-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I was really hoping that Karina and Aaron would go. I don't like Karina. She doesn't seem like a nice person.

Melanie
10-19-2009, 08:26 PM
YUUUUUUUUCK!!! Aaron truly grosses me out. Bet no one here knew that, huh? ;)

Maybe I don't understand the Argentine Tango, but it looked to me that he just stood there and Karina danced around him. :ack:

RedSoxFan
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Maybe I don't understand the Argentine Tango, but it looked to me that he just stood there and Karina danced around him. :ack:

I agree completely --- he just stood there and yet the judges praised him. Don't understand that at all.

Magic Smiles
10-19-2009, 10:27 PM
I agree completely --- he just stood there and yet the judges praised him. Don't understand that at all.

I thought that Aaron was terrible and appeared to be on the verge of tears. Maybe that is why the judges had a lapse in judgement.
He creeps me out.

Chrisx2
10-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Add me to the list of people who want Aaron to go. Karina is my least favorite pro and he just irritates me for some reason.

I was sorry Derek had the flu but it was nice to see Maks! :blush:

Jen0610
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM
I loved what the hair and makeup people did with Kelly and Louie.

Louie was sporting a very Ozzy-like make-up look and Kelly's hair looked exactly like how Ozzy wore his for one of his older videos.

Melanie
10-20-2009, 05:45 PM
I loved what the hair and makeup people did with Kelly and Louie.

Louie was sporting a very Ozzy-like make-up look and Kelly's hair looked exactly like how Ozzy wore his for one of his older videos.

Me too! I thought the same thing Carrie Ann said, that Kelly looked so much like her mom.

Melanie
10-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Tom makes me laugh!

I enjoyed the MJ tribute. You know, regardless of all the 'stuff', I grew up with this music/dance. It was a nice remembrance.

Well darn! I really like Natalie. :( I have to admit though that something seemed to be a little off between her and Alec. I'm sad.

RedSoxFan
10-21-2009, 06:50 AM
I enjoyed the MJ tribute too.
I was really hoping that Aaron/Karina were going home. Maybe next week.

Buddy08
10-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I was very disappointed that Natalie got eliminated. There are definitely other people that are worse than her. She just had one off night. Aaron looked like he was going to cry the whole time. I sure hope he goes soon. Didn't they say next week would be a double elimination night? I also enjoyed the MJ tribute, especially the thriller dance.

pixiesmimi
10-21-2009, 01:24 PM
I was sorry to see Natalie go too. I was hoping she would go further and thought she was really doing good. A lot better than Aaron. I can't believe he stayed and she went. What were the voters thinking? :confused:

i'm grumpy
10-23-2009, 08:23 PM
I keep hoping Aaron is the next one to go. He really irritates me. Professing he will win!! :mad:

Melanie
10-26-2009, 10:15 PM
This show really dropped in interest for me tonight when I realized I'm not going to like any of the couples in the finale. The judges favorites (DEREK AND JOANNA :ack: ) became strinkingly clear.

The more I read about Mya, the more I don't like she's even on the show in the first place. She has way too much dancing and choreography professional experience.

TheDuckRocks
10-27-2009, 09:31 AM
The judges favorites (DEREK AND JOANNA :ack: ) became strinkingly clear.

That was so obvious in the mambo. The 2 moves that drove me up the wall were the flapping of that piece of fabric from her costume and repeatedly having Derek hold her by the neck as she was almost laying on the floor. Both were just stupid looking and not really dancing IMHO. And is it just me or has he gotten even more touchy-feely this season.:ack:

Melanie
10-27-2009, 12:09 PM
repeatedly having Derek hold her by the neck as she was almost laying on the floor.

Looked ridiculous!

I'm over Derek. I used to think he had a cute personality, but now he's just annoying. And kinda gross.

offwego
10-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Looked ridiculous!

I'm over Derek. I used to think he had a cute personality, but now he's just annoying. And kinda gross.

Yep, that move was just weird looking and not at all attractive.

Sure hope that they notice how weird it looks in replay's or something.
Not all that invested this season. It just seems not to have the same vibe. (maybe as the dancers have become "stars"?)

Magic Smiles
10-28-2009, 06:41 AM

Derek has become too over confident and too cocky and as stated annoying. I was disappointed with the eliminations last night, not saying they were the best dancers, but at least they had good personalities. Why is America voting for Aaron?

Melanie
10-28-2009, 06:44 AM
I'm really disappointed in this season as well. It's my least favorite of all the seasons by a landslide, and I think I'm going to take it off my DVR today.

RedSoxFan
10-28-2009, 07:44 AM
I was not surprised by the bottom 3 last night. But I'm disappointed that Aaron/Karina are still around. At least with double elimination, the season will end quicker. I find this show to be getting old now; but yet I keep watching. Thank goodness for DVR so I can fast forward through all the talking, etc.

TigChatt
10-28-2009, 11:14 AM
I think this show has worn out its welcome on tv. I havent watched a season since they kicked out Sabrina from Cheetah girls way too early. I have caught a couple dances in passing and I really don't care for the stars this season. I miss the days of Emmitt, and Drew....And i agree with everyone. I can't stand Aaron's attitude. He looks like he doesnt eat.

TheDuckRocks
10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Good Grief! Aaron is still around.:ack:
I too agree that this season is lacking. For me there is not one dancer that shines this season.

Lizzy
10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
I fell asleep the last two weeks trying to watch the Monday night shows on my DVR. I gave up last night. I decided since they show the highlights on the results show, I will just fast fwd through most of it and catch the highlights and who's leaving.

Buddy08
11-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Looks like Aaron and Karina and Joanna and Derek are now the judges favorites. Michael should have gone before Melissa. I'm afraid that Mark may go but you never know. It could be anybody. Mya and Dimitri are slipping away fast. I've never been a big fan of Donny Osmond (sorry America). Kelly is cute but not the best dancer.

TheDuckRocks
11-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Well, I hate to say this but Aaron danced very well last night. But, I still want him gone!:thedolls: What a jerk, no wait a minute...creep, maybe whinner is the word I'm looking for. I've got it........whinny, jerky creep he is!:ack::ack:

Magic Smiles
11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, I hate to say this but Aaron danced very well last night. But, I still want him gone!:thedolls: What a jerk, no wait a minute...creep, maybe whinner is the word I'm looking for. I've got it........whinny, jerky creep he is!:ack::ack:

Took the words right out of my mouth. For someone who is almost 22, he acts like he is 5 most nights. Unfortunately for us, he did dance well last night. I am actually losing interest in this season very quickly. Tonight it will probably be fast forward to the end to see who is eliminated.

Melanie
11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
I kept my promise and deleted from my DVR after last week, and truly didn't even miss it last night. I may tune in tonight to see who's gone, but only because nothing else is on. Terrible season!

RedSoxFan
11-03-2009, 07:29 PM

You're very funny Kay. But you are also true. He may have danced well; but I still don't like him or Karina.

I'm thinking Michael will be going home tonight. Is it double eliminations again?

Melanie
11-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Bruno doesn't understand why Karina and Aaron are in the dance-off? :funny: Come on Bruno - surely you know the majority of the public doesn't like Karina and Aaron is just stomach turning. :ack:

green ranger
11-03-2009, 10:01 PM
We all saw that coming. The judges favor Aaron over Mark. Oh well. I really liked Mark.

RedSoxFan
11-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Well, maybe next week Aaron will be sent home. One knows he's been in the bottom a lot. His luck has to run out soon.

TheDuckRocks
11-04-2009, 10:49 AM
We all saw that coming. The judges favor Aaron over Mark. Oh well. I really liked Mark.

:ditto: I knew the little slim was still going to be around as the judges had the final say so.

Do you realize Aaron and Karina must be getting almost no, nada, zilch votes to be in the bottom 2 or 3 week after week when they score so high with the judges?

i'm grumpy
11-08-2009, 08:43 PM
I wish I could tape it and fast forward. Only have a vcr and can't tape local channels.

Buddy08
11-10-2009, 01:25 PM
After last night, Aaron and Karina are tied for last place with Donny and Kim. Surely we can hope they will go this week. Is there going to be another dance-off? I don't remember if they mentioned that.

indytraveler
11-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Boy this season really does lack. Nobody watched the show live or came back into the room to watch it on the DVR. Just looked to see Aaron get eliminated. Only in the bottom 2 since week 4. Maybe he should go on Survivor since that's what he did all season.

Is it me or when did Joanna Krupa, Kellie Osbourne, Donny Osmond, and Mya become STARS? Except for Donny, the rest I never heard of. DWTS should get a better cast or this springs edition may be their last.

For those who watched Monday's show. How did Joanna and Derek NOT score a 30 on their 2nd dance?

green ranger
11-11-2009, 02:53 PM
[/QUOTE]For those who watched Monday's show. How did Joanna and Derek NOT score a 30 on their 2nd dance?[/QUOTE]

Carrie Ann gave them a nine because she saw some misstep. Something like Joanna was supposed to go right, but she went left...I don't know what she was saying, but she spotted something, just like when she spots every lift.

I thought their dance was really cool and well done. They should have gotten a 30.

RedSoxFan
11-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Finally --- Aaron was booted off dancing.:D

green ranger
11-12-2009, 07:57 AM
So, out of the final four, who do you want to see with that mirrored trophy?:D

Buddy08
11-12-2009, 09:16 AM
I would like to see Mya and Dimitri win. I think she is the overall best and Derek has already once or twice so someone new would be nice. That being said, I really like Kelly but I don't think she will win.

RedSoxFan
11-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I'd like to see Mya win too. She is really good. I do think it'll be between Mya and Joanna.

Lizzy
11-13-2009, 10:12 AM
I think Mya has a lot of natural talent, derek's partner is definatly the most improved. But I don't think ABC has the guts to let someone other than Ozzy's daughter win :secret:

Just kidding. I hope Donny doesn't win it, I think he is pretty much as rediculous as they come.

RAIDER
11-15-2009, 11:04 AM
We get this in the UK and its shown the same week ( its screened on friday night here )
I agree with the posts on Aaron he was an absolute child and some moments he was just cringe worthy to watch . I loved Dance Centre ,It was brilliant !!!!:D:D

I am not bothered who wins as long as its not Kelly Osborne ...:ack:

As an older person i am rooting for Donny ..Hes not the best dancer of the 4 left but for a guy of 51 he gives it a real go and certainly not disgraced himself he gives us older lot hope ;)

green ranger
11-17-2009, 06:08 PM
It will be interesting to see who goes tonight. I would think it will be Donny, but a lot of people vote for the Osmonds!

RedSoxFan
11-17-2009, 09:38 PM
I have a feeling that Joanna will be sent home. Just a hunch --- could be wrong.

pixiesmimi
11-18-2009, 08:04 AM
I was surprised that Joanna went before Kelly. I really thought she was better and had better scores. I guess Kelly is more popular with the audience.

Melanie
11-18-2009, 08:40 AM
I guess Kelly is more popular with the audience.

I'm not really surprised, and this has to be the case. After all I've read about Joanna, I'm actually surprised she lasted this long. She was on a show called Superstars this past summer (I'd never heard of it) and apparently made even Terrell Owens look like a saint. Uh...wow. :thedolls:

I'm ready for someone other than a Hough or Ballas to win this. I'm not on the Mya bandwagon at all though. BORING, and she has a professional dance background.

Buddy08
11-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Though Joanna was good, I agree that she was not as popular with the audience. It could be anybody but at least it will be with a pro who hasn't won yet.

TheDuckRocks
11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Once again it comes down to the fact if you don't have a fan base you are not going to win DWTS.

green ranger
11-18-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm not really surprised, and this has to be the case. After all I've read about Joanna, I'm actually surprised she lasted this long. She was on a show called Superstars this past summer (I'd never heard of it) and apparently made even Terrell Owens look like a saint. Uh...wow. :thedolls:

After I saw your comment, I searched Joanna's name. Now I understand why Hugh Hefner was talking about her in her little clip on Monday night.

RedSoxFan
11-19-2009, 02:21 PM
I, personally, would not be surprised to see Kelly win the mirror ball trophy. Mya is a great dancer; but there is something about Kelly that has me rooting for her.

sgdisney
11-24-2009, 03:19 PM
I find it interesting that last night was the first night of the finale and no one has yet commented. That leads me to think that many are not into this season as we have been in the past. As far as last nights performances go, Donnie got my first votes of the season, and I will watch tonight, but the excitement of past seasons has not been there.

Buddy08
11-24-2009, 07:25 PM
I watched last nights show. I just don't like Donny. He did do better last night but I think Mya is a better overall dancer. It's anybodys guess though who will win. Last season Gilles was a better dancer than Shawn Johnson but she won. We'll see tonight.

TheDuckRocks
11-25-2009, 11:27 AM
I was happy to see Donny Osmond win last night, as I have always liked him. Mya was definately the better dancer but once again it boils down to: No Fans = No Win. And I do like it when someone who doesn't have past extensive dance training win. Seems more like what they claim the show to be.

Melanie
11-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Wow, it is really, really sad to see what Whitney Houston has become.

The finale was enjoyable last night, after I'd pretty much lost interest in the season. I'm glad Donnie won.

EPCOT84
11-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Once again it comes down to the fact if you don't have a fan base you are not going to win DWTS.

A large family base helps too ! :D !

RedSoxFan
11-26-2009, 05:56 PM
I, too, was glad to see Donny win. However, I wished Kelly had at least come in 2nd instead of Mya. She was the most improved and she a beautiful smile the entire season. She was a joy to watch.

RAIDER
11-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Wow, it is really, really sad to see what Whitney Houston has become.

The finale was enjoyable last night, after I'd pretty much lost interest in the season. I'm glad Donnie won.

I agree Whitney Houstons performance was shambolic ...
I too was glad Donny won . He does have a stage presence and yes i agree he wasnt the best dancer compapared with Myra he was far more exciting to watch . :thumbsup:

It would have been more fun if they had Rice ,Sapp ,Smith,Taylor and Irvine together .umm maybe one for the future i guess :D