PDA

View Full Version : Lost Cause??

Dgnfly81
08-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi there,

I took our 2 year old to Disney in March on a whim just the two of us and we had a blast. It was my first time with the dining plan which we just loved after I got that hang of it on day 2 or so. My husband's boss just approved our next vaca the end of Sept and we decided to all go back as a family. I didn't realize with the free dining plan that everything would be SO BOOKED up since we didn't have any problem booking our favs the night before back in March.
So after many hours on the online reservations site I have make an acceptable game plan of food for the week except for one covented places we didn't get into last time either....Cinderella's Castle. I know I'm only 40+ days out vs the 90 that so many dedicated people are on this site (I'm so jealous of your dedication and planing skills!), but do you think there is really any chance that I will catch a cancellation? I'm thinking my only chance maybe to bribe one of those dining override concierges??

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-16-2009, 09:45 PM
There is always a chance, but it is a really hard to get ADR.

I would keep checking on-line, especially close to your vacation dates when people have to cancel in order to get a refund.

It is a "neat" place to eat, but you'll still have a great vacation, even if you don't get in.

Pirate Granny
08-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Personally, I have and did call the dining line (a couple of years back though); and told the CM what dates I was at DW...and told them I wanted to go to CRT and the beautiful person checked and told me WHEN and WHAT dates where available...so...perhaps if you get on the phone (make sure your cell phone is unlimited minutes as you may wait 30 minutes on hold just to talk to a CM)...and try it that way. Good Luck...we've eaten there 3 or 4 times and unless you have a 'princess over the age of 6...I think its very costly (2 table service credits) and over-rated...at least for dinner.
:pirate:

Dgnfly81
08-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks so much for the support! I tried until late last night and again this morning. I kind of got into auto pilot checking and I actually caught a break this afternoon!! I was totally shocked and did a double take. I feel like I won the lotto hahaha

SBETigg
08-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks so much for the support! I tried until late last night and again this morning. I kind of got into auto pilot checking and I actually caught a break this afternoon!! I was totally shocked and did a double take. I feel like I won the lotto hahaha

Congratulations! That's fantastic.

cer
08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
So very glad for you. We have never dined there (and don't plan on it- not really a princess family...) - but I just love it when things work out! :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
08-17-2009, 04:07 PM
. . . I tried until late last night and again this morning . . . I actually caught a break this afternoon!! . . .

1) CONGRATS.
2) I guess, now, that
. . . pig do fly
. . . there are snowballs in July
. . . bears do go potty in the woods
. . . Slim is not out of town