PDA

View Full Version : Recent Boma reviews?

BelleKP
08-16-2009, 10:43 AM
So I'm getting a little concerned . . . on my last trip to WDW with my best friend (2007), we went to Boma's and loved it!! :cloud9: The food, the service, everything. So when my DH and I started planning our upcoming trip for Dec. I insisted that we go there, because I wanted him to experience it. :tasty:
However, I've had three friends (with their respective families) travel to WDW in the last 2 months. I recommended Boma to all three parties and ALL three came back with bland reviews. One friend simply said it was 'menh' (you know the sound you make when things are 'take it or leave it'). Needless to say I was shocked. :confused:
So I come to my fellow Intercotees and ask . . . have things changed? Please tell me you've been there lately and things are still how I remember them!

Goofeygal
08-16-2009, 11:20 AM
We were just there a couple weeks ago and had a great time. Service was great as I remembered it and the food was as great as always. I recommend Boma to people every chance I get.

disneymom2000
08-16-2009, 11:24 AM
You will have to remember, Boma is not for everyone. Saying that - I took my daughter there as she prefers the slightly off the beaten path meals - loved Morocco - and she actually preferred Boma over Le Cellier. So maybe your friends didn't appreciate the difference in the spices on their food, but I bet they couldn't complain about the service.

MNNHFLTX
08-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Did your friends say what was "menh" (love that phrase!) about it? Did they try a variety of dishes or did they tend to stay with some of the more "safe" choices? Sometimes I think people are a little nervous about trying some of the more exotic dishes on the menu. And to me, it's those dishes that really make Boma something special. As for me, I could easily make a meal just out of their soups!

JPL
08-16-2009, 12:15 PM
I ate there on my June trip and the food was awesome and the service was great! My cousin even loved it. I don't know where "menh" came from because I don't even think you can say "menh" after eating a few Zebra Domes ;) But aggree I think the exitic dishes tend to turn some of the "safe" eaters of the world.

mainemajor
08-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Thank you ll for the good reports. We will be there on Thursday and am really looking forward to it.