PDA

View Full Version : water parks and more option

jonahbear2006
08-16-2009, 01:50 AM
We got our Annual Passholders the other day, the exchange vouchers anyways and we have the rack rate ticket for dining, so I am wondering, if we add on water park and more option, is it based off of the nights we stay or the amount of tickets we buy on our package?

CleveRocks
08-16-2009, 08:23 AM
We got our Annual Passholders the other day, the exchange vouchers anyways and we have the rack rate ticket for dining, so I am wondering, if we add on water park and more option, is it based off of the nights we stay or the amount of tickets we buy on our package?"Rack rate ticket for dining"???

Are you saying that you bought a 1-day base ticket as part of your resort package in order to qualify for free dining?

Let's say you bought the 1-day ticket. Adding anything to that ticket adds it only to that ticket, not to your entire stay. It is an addition to your park ticket, not an addition to your resort reservation.

Therefore, if you pay the $52 + tax to add the Water Park Fun & More option to your 1-day ticket, you will receive TWO (2) WPF&M admissions.

Please post again if I got your situation wrong, or if I wasn't clear. :mickey:

BMan62
08-16-2009, 09:30 AM
You sound rather confused -- Your Annual Passes mean nothing toward DDP. DDP is based on Nights Of Stay ONLY. The 'Free DDP' offer has a qualifier of a minimum 1 day MYW ticket. I don't believe that the 'Rack Rate' DDP has any such qualifier.

If you intend to add WPF to a MYW ticket, it is based on the ticket length - the $52 fee is for length of MYW ticket, not length of stay. As the PP said, a 1 day MYW ticket w/WPF grants you 2 entries into BB/TL/DQ/WWoS or rounds of golf at Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course.

jonahbear2006
08-16-2009, 12:44 PM
im not confused, i just put in the annual passholder so that it didnt come up that i needed more tickets. I bought a one day ticket for the group to get the free dining, and annual passes. I realize that they dont come into play with dining. My question was how many trips to the water parks do we get, in turn you guys said 2. Thats not enough to make me want to buy it. Basically, it would almost be a buy one get one free.

ransam
08-16-2009, 01:27 PM
not sure if this is what you're asking..but if you get the water park option added to your package. i think it's for unlimited visits.

CleveRocks
08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
if you get the water park option added to your package. i think it's for unlimited visits.
That's not correct.

When you pay $52 + tax to add the Water Park Fun & More option to your theme park ticket, you get the same number of Water Park Fun & More admissions as you have days on the theme park ticket. So if you buy an 8-day ticket, you get 8 WPF&M admissions, and so on. The ONLY exception to the above is the one cited earlier ... if you buy a 1-day ticket and add the WPF&M option, you get 2 WPF&M admissions.

CleveRocks
08-16-2009, 08:20 PM
im not confused, i just put in the annual passholder so that it didnt come up that i needed more tickets. I bought a one day ticket for the group to get the free dining, and annual passes. I realize that they dont come into play with dining. My question was how many trips to the water parks do we get, in turn you guys said 2. Thats not enough to make me want to buy it. Basically, it would almost be a buy one get one free.It's a darn shame you didn't wait until you got to Walt Disney World to upgrade those 1-day tickets to Annual Passes ... if you'd done that, you could have applied the $79 you paid for one ticket towards the price of one AP, rather than throwing away the $79 on a ticket you don't really need. But if you choose to buy an Annual Pass any time in the future, you can save that unusued 1-day ticket and use it's value by upgrading it to an AP. But you can't do that now, since you already bought your current AP.

Anyway, the reason the other poster and I thought you were confused was by your choice of wording ... "rack rate" is an industry-wide term for an un-discounted hotel room rate and is not a phrase used for theme park tickets.

jonahbear2006
08-17-2009, 02:30 AM
we didnt do that because the cm told us that we would lose our free dining as soon as we upgraded our passes and that we couldnt upgrade at the end of our trip and we will be there for 14 days. We talked and talked to several people and several cms and they said this was the best way to do it and to just use the 1 day base ticket to apply towards our renewal next year.

CleveRocks
08-17-2009, 10:10 AM
we didnt do that because the cm told us that we would lose our free dining as soon as we upgraded our passes and that we couldnt upgrade at the end of our trip and we will be there for 14 days. We talked and talked to several people and several cms and they said this was the best way to do it and to just use the 1 day base ticket to apply towards our renewal next year.
I'm glad you'll get some use out of the 1-day tickets.

But the CMs you spoke with were wrong wrong wrong. Unfortunately, the call center CMs aren't well-trained beyond resort reservations, dining/event reservations, and ticket SALES. They are NOT experts in how the ticketing system works, just like they aren't experts on the transportation system, the restaurant menus, and so on. They don't know the details of ATS, Disney's Magic Your Way ticketing system.

Trust me on this one, they gave you BAD information. The truth is that once you check-in at your resort, the package is said to be, in Disney-speak, "exploded." Once a package is exploded, all tickets are just plain normal tickets without any package rules ... you can do anything with them that you want. In other words, once that Key To The World card is handed to you, you can upgrade that ticket any way you want. And it doesn't have to be the same for everyone on that package ... once the package is exploded, each individual's tickets are no longer linked ... in other words, one person can add the Water Park Fun & More option, one person can upgrade to an AP, one person can add 5 days, and so on. TRUTH.

I know it seems odd for me to ask you to believe a stranger from New Jersey versus actual Disney World cast members, yet that is exactly what I'm asking you do. In this case, my information is correct and theirs is incorrect. If you want to know the full truth and don't believe me, please, when you're at WDW, go to any ticket booth (an actual ticket booth, not your resort front desk) and ask about your situation. You will be told that once you check-in, the ticket is yours to add to and upgrade any way you see fit.

Imagineer1981
08-17-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm glad you'll get some use out of the 1-day tickets.

But the CMs you spoke with were wrong wrong wrong. Unfortunately, the call center CMs aren't well-trained beyond resort reservations, dining/event reservations, and ticket SALES. They are NOT experts in how the ticketing system works, just like they aren't experts on the transportation system, the restaurant menus, and so on. They don't know the details of ATS, Disney's Magic Your Way ticketing system.

Trust me on this one, they gave you BAD information. The truth is that once you check-in at your resort, the package is said to be, in Disney-speak, "exploded." Once a package is exploded, all tickets are just plain normal tickets without any package rules ... you can do anything with them that you want. In other words, once that Key To The World card is handed to you, you can upgrade that ticket any way you want. And it doesn't have to be the same for everyone on that package ... once the package is exploded, each individual's tickets are no longer linked ... in other words, one person can add the Water Park Fun & More option, one person can upgrade to an AP, one person can add 5 days, and so on. TRUTH.

I know it seems odd for me to ask you to believe a stranger from New Jersey versus actual Disney World cast members, yet that is exactly what I'm asking you do. In this case, my information is correct and theirs is incorrect. If you want to know the full truth and don't believe me, please, when you're at WDW, go to any ticket booth (an actual ticket booth, not your resort front desk) and ask about your situation. You will be told that once you check-in, the ticket is yours to add to and upgrade any way you see fit.

Great info!!!

CleveRocks
08-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Great info!!!

Thanks!:thumbsup:

queenii
08-19-2009, 09:24 AM
I've considered adding the water park options to our package, but this is the first time we will have Fl residents mixed in our party with non-Fl residents and I know a Fl resident can add the option at half price. Since I've read all parties in a package must have the same tickets I am not sure how it will work, but if it is true that your ticket explodes, I guess we could just add it individually after arrival. Is this correct? Would that be the best way to do it?

jonahbear2006
08-19-2009, 03:57 PM
thats nice to know...i can still use my 1 day ticket towards next years annual passes though, right??? is there a possibility of me being able to use the money i put towards a 1 day pass for my 2 yr old to get an annual pass....or, not? i am better THAT i cant do.

Rosemickey68
08-19-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm a little confused.
So I can book a room at WDW for 6 nights, buy a 1 day park ticket and get free dining for all 6 nights........ and then upgrade those tickets to annual passes,etc at check in?!!?!?

CleveRocks
08-19-2009, 10:33 PM
thats nice to know...i can still use my 1 day ticket towards next years annual passes though, right??? is there a possibility of me being able to use the money i put towards a 1 day pass for my 2 yr old to get an annual pass....or, not? i am better THAT i cant do.Yes, you can use the 1-day tickets towards your next year's AP renewal.

Your 2-year-old won't need a park ticket if he/she is 2 on your arrival date, even if he/she turns 3 during the vacation ... this is Disney policy. Are you asking can you use someone else's 1-day ticket towards purchasing an AP for your child after he/she turns 3? No. Because you're purchasing the ticket as part of a package, the name of that person will be on the ticket/card (and, more importantly, will be in the computer database), and tickets are non-transferable.

CleveRocks
08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm a little confused.
So I can book a room at WDW for 6 nights, buy a 1 day park ticket and get free dining for all 6 nights........ and then upgrade those tickets to annual passes,etc at check in?!!?!?
The Disney Dining Plan, whether it's free or you pay for it, is related to your resort reservation, not to the size of the park ticket you buy. As part of the package, as long as you buy a park ticket, any park ticket, you qualify for the Disney Dining Plan.

So if you have a 6-night resort reservation, you get dining credits for the equivalent of 6 days. With that resort package that includes 6 nights in the room, you can purchase a 1-day base park ticket, or you can buy a 10-day park hopper ticket with Water Park Fun & More and No Expiration options, or you can buy anything in-between those two extremes.

Make better sense now?:mickey:

And yes, if you buy the 1-day base park ticket, you can upgrade it to an Annual Pass. Upgrades have to be done within 14 days of the first use of a ticket. HOWEVER, you can't upgrade to an AP when you check-in at your resort at the front desk. WHY? Because Disney resort hotels don't handle APs. You'll have to go to any park (including water parks) or the Guest Relations center at Downtown Disney or at the Transportation & Ticket Center in order to upgrade your ticket to an AP. But yes, you can certainly upgrade that ticket to an AP.

TheRustyScupper
08-20-2009, 07:09 AM

1) Next time, ask questions here, first.
2) Phone CM's don't always have the best info.
3) They are trained for 6-weeks, but they soon forget.
4) Unfortunately, some of them "just wing it".
5) You could have saved major bucks by upgrading after check-in.
6) Plus, gotten a lot of water park admissions.

jonahbear2006
08-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Uh, i did ask here first and talked about it for awhile. This is how intercotees told me to do it back in August when it was a discussion. I think maybe one person came forward and suggested upgrading at check in and then someone else said just to buy the base ticket cause that wasn't do-able.

VWL Mom
08-22-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't know if this is possible but since you are interested in the WP and more option, can the 1 day ticket be applied to upgrade the AP to a PAP when it is picked up? This would give unlimited WP entry.

CleveRocks
08-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't know if this is possible but since you are interested in the WP and more option, can the 1 day ticket be applied to upgrade the AP to a PAP when it is picked up? This would give unlimited WP entry.
It won't work. Tickets can only be upgraded on a 1-for-1 basis. In other words, you can't combine 2 tickets to form a bigger and better ticket.

So if you already have an AP, an AP is a ticket, and you can't combine it with a second ticket to upgrade to an even better ticket.

CleveRocks
08-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Uh, i did ask here first and talked about it for awhile. This is how intercotees told me to do it back in August when it was a discussion. I think maybe one person came forward and suggested upgrading at check in and then someone else said just to buy the base ticket cause that wasn't do-able.
It's very unfortunate that you received bad information in another thread.

There are certain nuts-and-bolts aspects of WDW that, for some weird reason, I enjoy studying and then developing an extensive and accurate knowledge of. Ticketing, resort policies, Disney Transport, Disney's Magical Express, FASTPASS, maybe a few others ... I dare say that my knowledge about these things is better than that of most call center cast members.

WHY?

Easy. For them it's just a job. For me it's a passion. A sad and demented and odd passion perhaps, but a passion nonetheless.:crazy: :geek2:

All that patting myself on the back aside, TheRustyScupper knows ten times more about WDW than I ever will. If you see his name on a post, trust that information!