PDA

View Full Version : ASMovies

romrah
08-15-2009, 09:27 PM
1st poster but a long time visitor. just returned from ASMoives.. I have stayed at POR 3 other times and picked ASMO as a change of pace. I will say the rooms do need a overhaul. The room we had in building 8 had torn bed covers, had one night with out hot water. The hot water issue was not a huge deal but after a long day at the park a shower would have been nice and some concern from the desk would have been great as well. The front desk clerk was like ok bye.

Busing from ASMo was much better than POR last year. From the MK ASMo has their own bus but from DHS and EPcot you share the bus which can leave you standing and squished. But again this is not a issue because you have that at any resort. All though you need to take into account travel times. It seem like all trips including DHS and Epcot took longer then the POR travel time.

All in all I will be choosing a Mod Resort again in the future over any of the All Star resorts. But that is based on my pref and wants from a resort.

brewcrew26
08-16-2009, 05:44 PM
I agree with a lot of your statements.

We just found it to be too chaotic. The designs in our bathroom had us dizzy. I can only take so many stars. We didn't have any issues with service. The food court is just so-so compared to some of the other resorts. And, there's so many school groups that you have to compete with.

We'll be going back to mods for most trips from now on. But, at least we can say we tried a value.

Gator
08-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Bus service at ASMo is terrible, but it was the same for me at POR, so I agree. I definitely missed the extra space at the Mods. There was no place to park my stroller. I did think the food court was good, but it just can't compare with Coronado. That's a great counter service. My kids loved the giant Pongo and Perdita, and I'm sure they'll be asking for them when I hit the AKL next time.

johnO
08-18-2009, 03:07 AM
We like ASMov. But we do go during the "off season". We spend most of the time at the parks, and away from the resort that it's hard for us to justify the extra expense of a Moderate or Deluxe.

jnfr2424
08-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Thank you for posting your report on ASMo. I have some family members staying there during the Thanksgiving holiday and my DH and I are worried that some relatives might "bombard" our room @ BLT because they might not like the accomdations or service @ ASMo.

Mousemates
08-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Thank you for posting your report on ASMo. I have some family members staying there during the Thanksgiving holiday and my DH and I are worried that some relatives might "bombard" our room @ BLT because they might not like the accomdations or service @ ASMo.

You best go ahead and get a copy of the policy which forbids pool hopping printed out :)...because they will def like your pool options (with yours 148 foot water slide) better than their pool options (no slide at all).