PDA

View Full Version : Just Back/ Bwi

moe513
08-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Just got back from a great 10 stay. Tried the BWI for the first time. If you have any questions let me know??

Seasonscraps
08-15-2009, 03:34 PM
I am glad you had a great stay! The BW is my fave resort! :mickey:

Checkers
08-15-2009, 04:22 PM
:mickey:Moe, would love to hear all about it, the renovated rooms, location you had, etc. We will be at BWI next month and haven't been there since the rooms were renovated. TIA.

moe513
08-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Checkers

The room we had was very nice. We found it bigger than the rooms at YC. The room was in great shape. The only complaint I would have was some mold in the shower. Kind of gross. Our mousekeeper was very nice but not the best. I could tell when it was her days off because the room was cleaned better. As a matter of fact I need to call BWI and tell them how much i apprecited the job this one girl did on our room. It was outstanding.
FYI, here is some info I tried to get before we left but was unable to. In the pictures they show a green couch and call it a daybed. Well, it folds flat and makes a nice twin size bed. Our 5'4" teenager was very comfortable on it.
Our room had a great view of the Eifel tower and was close to the luana Pool. Also, close to the laundry. Some rooms can be quite far from the pool.
We also walked to DHS from BWI in which is something we never tried from YC. Its much better than the boat that makes all those stops. I would say its no farther than waking to Soarin. the walk has shade and no hills.
This is my first trip to Disney were the resort made an attempt to fill my request for room location. I was very happy.
We did note get any towel animals like we did at other resorts. I had to leave a note and ask mousekeeping. Note sure if thats the norm.

enjoy

disneymom2000
08-16-2009, 11:19 AM
I loved my visit when I stayed at the BWI. I adored the shop on the boardwalk itself and couldn't resist eating three meals at the Mediterranean restaurant. The only problem I had was after finding our room we had to go back and request another one since we had requested handicap and we wound up walking to the end of the facility for our first room. I had to stop twice and rest before getting there. But they were completely amenable to the request for the move. We went at Christmas and I must say, it was one of the nicest hotels due to the decorations. They really went all out on it.:mickey: