PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

sbnewbride
08-15-2009, 11:37 AM
My husband and I are planning a trip for the last week in February 2010. We are in our mid-20's and do not have children yet. We went to WDW for our honeymoon in March 08 and stayed in ASMo. We loved everything but are hoping for a slightly more up-scale trip this time around. :yay:

So, if you could choose between the Comtemporary, Beach Club, or Boardwalk, which would you pick? If it works like we hope, we'll be renting DVC points which will make the price roughly the same for all 3. We like the idea of being within walking distance to at least one park and we'll be using Disney transportation for everything (we don't want to drive anywhere once we're there). Okay, so given our situation (time of year, ages, etc.), what would you do? :shrug:

KatMark
08-15-2009, 11:50 AM
We've only stayed at one of those deluxes and that is the Contemporary (we've also stayed at the Polynesian). We don't care for the Boardwalk theme/pool, etc., but hope to try the Beach Club in a couple of years (the Beach Club and the AKL are the only other deluxes we want to try). For you guys, I would definitely go with the Beach Club for its location and its theme.

Tinkerbella16
08-15-2009, 12:08 PM
I would choose the Contemporary for their slightly larger rooms, better views, having the monorail and its location. Contemporary has Chef Mickeys which is one of our faves!

My 2nd choice would have to be the Beach Club. Havent stayed there but I've been there before to look around...and Epcot is my favorite park so being right next to Epcot is always great! The theming is better then Contemporary though.

Let us know what you decide! :mickey:

KAT1811
08-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I would go with the Beach Club out of all of the choices. the walk to Epcot's World Showcase makes it a great resort. You also have the Boardwalk a short walk away and a boat to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Have a great trip!!!

SBETigg
08-15-2009, 12:48 PM
If you're renting DVC points, do you mean you would be in Bay Lake Tower? I would choose that one in a heartbeat. It's new, with spectacular views, and you're not only close to the MK but you're close to the TTC and the Epcot monorail. It's a great location. I love being in the MK area. But considering you're without kids, you might enjoy the Beach Club and proximity to Epcot, too. You really can't go wrong. Enjoy your vacation!

BrerGnat
08-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Either Bay Lake Tower or Beach Club.

As adults without kids, I think Bay Lake Tower might have a SLIGHT edge. Beach Club tends to be overrun with kids, especially the pool area. However, it is also within walking distance to World Showcase, and all the eateries on the Boardwalk, which is great adult entertainment, so that is something to consider...

To be completely frank, the decor inside the BC Villas COMPLETELY turns me off. I would go with BLT just for that reason. I love the new decor in the rooms at the BC RESORT, but the villas are too "pastel" for my taste...ugh! And, the BLT tower rooms are MUCH more new/modern with much nicer amenities than the BC villas.

Plus, the BLT/Contemporary has better transportation overall, I think. You have the monorail for MK and Epcot, and then the buses are a lot faster than the Epcot resort buses, which share among ALL the Epcot resorts, whereas the Contemporary bus only shares with Polynesian.

JPL
08-15-2009, 01:53 PM
I would choose either the Contemporary and Beach Club.

Beach Club gives you easy access to 2 of the 4 theme parks and there is a great selcection of restaurants.

I would give the edge to the Contemporary and it would win hands down if it was a stay at BLT.

Tippy
08-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Since you don't have children yet I would stay at a hotel near the boardwalk & Epcot. Do the others when you have children and want to be closer to MK.

brownie
08-16-2009, 02:04 PM
I'd stay at the Beach Club, due to its proximity to Epcot and for sentimental reasons, although the Contemporary would be tempting.

Disoriented
08-17-2009, 11:06 PM
We’re pretty much just like you except we are just a tad older. My opinion, it’s all about location. The pools are very, very little draw for us and we’ve had absolutely no problem with the decor of any of the rooms that we have had. (see signature)

My suggestion is to stay closet to the park(s) that you will spend most of your evenings at. (Note; we are ap holders and park hop extensively.) in my opinion there is nothing better after a long day of playing than, to walk out of the theme park and into your hotel.

No waiting for buses, no waiting for boats and no waiting for monorails!

Mousemates
08-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Hard choice...but to me the ability to take the monorail to two parks, as well as to the poly to eat at kona/ohana...watch the water parade...and walk "home" from the MK makes the CR the winner.

johnO
08-18-2009, 02:59 AM
sbnewbride,

I would think about the time you've chosen. The last week of February, President's Day Week, is a MADHOUSE at WDW and extremely crowded. The first and second week of February are great, very limited crowds.

I would go with Bay Lake Tower or Beach Club.