PDA

View Full Version : tipping mousekeepers

sorcerer fan
08-15-2009, 09:37 AM
what's the going rate for tipping the mousekeepers now? there'll be two if us in Dec. and where's a good place to get mousekeeping envelopes. Thanks:mickey:

Seasonscraps
08-15-2009, 10:35 AM
$1 per person per night is the general standard for tipping housekeeping. I think you can google templates you can download for the envelopes or you could decorate them yourself. :)

MalsMom
08-15-2009, 12:26 PM
We stayed at the ASMusic in July. I started the week tipping mousekeeping $1.00 for each person in the room. My nephews made cute little envelopes and wrote notes thanking them for their hard work each day. On the third day my nephew found his envelope crumpled up and left on top of the TV stand. He was crushed. He'd worked so hard to do something nice only to see his work discarded and obviouslly unapreciated. The next day I left the crumpled envelope out with no money. I will no longer be leaving tips for mousekeeping.

Darbylew
08-15-2009, 12:44 PM
I tip a $1.00 for each person in the room. I just
leave it on each bed. They do such a great job
and leave little towel animals in the room a lot.
:thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
08-15-2009, 01:26 PM
We usually leave $1 per person per night like most people. Last year it was just me and my mom is the room so we left $3 per day...and mousekeeping at POFQ was fantastic! We had towel animals 3 times during our stay, and we never even ask for them.

This year I will have a room to myself so I'll probably leave $2 per day for them.

JPL
08-15-2009, 01:42 PM
I usually leave it on nthe mirror near the sink. The most important part is to make sure it's clearly labelled, If you don't want to be fancy about a simple note on top of the money saying for Mousekeeping works just fine :thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
08-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I usually leave it on nthe mirror near the sink. The most important part is to make sure it's clearly labelled, If you don't want to be fancy about a simple note on top of the money saying for Mousekeeping works just fine :thumbsup:

Last year at POFQ...not sure if all resorts do this but there was a small note standing up already in our room when we arrived about mousekeeping and it had the mousekeepers signature on it that we'd have for the week, so I just put that on the table next to the tv and made sure the tip was under it.

I doubt every room at every resort has these.

#1donaldfan
08-20-2009, 12:54 PM
1 $ per person, per day......we normally just leave it with a short thank you note on the table....:thumbsup: