PDA

View Full Version : Dumb, dumb, Dumbo...

AuntKari
08-15-2009, 07:13 AM
Aunt Kari’s at Disney-Dumb, dumb, Dumbo-Day 9

Well, another successful day. You all have asked if I was tired and today was the first day. Got up at 4:30 AM instead of 4:00 AM and for the first time didn’t really want to. Also, I made a few comments on Hoop de Doo and we really didn’t go until today-so don’t get confused. I will get caught up now.

Nice to hear back from all of you. Our family keeps going. Our father never quits and our mother never sits so my sisters and I are pretty busy folks…looks like Missi’s kids may follow suit.

Hi Everybody-Day 9 and we are off again. Today is Magic Kingdom, Hoop de Doo, and nighttime excitement.

Notes:
Gotta love that rope drop ceremony at Magic Kingdom!
Oh, the famous DUMBO. What a dumb, dumb, Dumbo ride…! And all us parents and aunts have to, have to, have to do it….I now know how to navigate Magic Kingdom WITHOUT passing by Dumbo….
Missi still says the Mickey Bars are out of this world (“What’s that all over your mouth Miss?”)
Missi also thinks that the food is less expensive than she expected it to be for those of you budgeting.
Cole thinks everything is “awesome”. Have you ever seen a Mexican jumping bean? If you are currently in the parks just look for that and it’s Cole.
Aunt Kari is very technologically advanced-just ask Shy. Do these kids today need ANYTHING other than their cell phones???

What did Aunt Kari do today: Dumb, dumb, Dumbo…..got the family straight here since it was the only ride we didn't do right away the other day. Aunt Kari ran for Fastpasses to Splash Mountain as it is a family favorite! We walked right onto the Haunted Mansion and then reported just before 10:00 AM and had a 15 minute wait for Tinkerbelle and the fairies. They were very good with the kids (and Daddy). We rode Goofy’s Barnstormer with only a 5 minute wait. We got right onto the train and got off at Frontierland and rode Splash Mountain. We got right onto Pirates of the Carribbean. We got ice cream. We rode the train back to Frontierland and walked right into Monster’s Inc with no problem. Of course they picked Aunt Kari for part of the show. Do I just look weird??? (the family thinks so). This is the first day we have returned home to re-group. Mama and Aunt Kari ran some errands. We left for Hoop de Doo via car via monorail via boat from Magic Kingdom. Aunt Kari wanted everyone to see the EWP and Wishes so we transported to MK instead of just driving to Ft. Wilderness. The family loved the Hoop de Doo. The family has no idea what we are attending each day so they are very surprised. After the show we gathered on the beach and played until the Electric Water Pageant came by and then we sat on the dock to watch the Wishes Fireworks. We took a boat back to MK and drove home. This was our first late night. Another great day following our scheduled plan and no wait times (other than 15 minutes for Tinkerbelle).

Hotel: Rental home. More details to come to all of you who are interested.

Drink: Aunt Kari drinking lots of water (avoiding sodas, lemonades etc.) and feels it makes a big difference.

Food: See prior report about this at the Hoop de Doo

Shopping: Nothing to report

Aunt Kari’s Magical Moments: Still think Disney World alone is great for those of you wondering! But I must say, a very magical moment is riding Splash Mountain with the family. They get very silly and Cole screams the funniest things. Baby Carly is very dramatic and has a wonderful time with the characters in the parades and meets. They must like the children that respond with such joy. Baby Carly is a bit much for some in our family but I find her enthusiasm for life and her effusive imagination providing MAGICAL moments day after day.

Spreading the Magic: Can’t remember specifics today other than passing along Fastpasses and trying to be considerate of everyone around us.

Evaluations: Still no rain and still hot. Plan your trip well and it pays off. I read it all from all of you and for anyone new to Intercot, Fastpasses and arriving at rope drop is a must! For those of you with teens, you may want to consider a day at Busch Gardens with its rides. Disney has great attractions but not as many rides (coasters) as teens enjoy and Busch Gardens will fill this void. Aunt Kari sings every day in the car. She is very good and practicing for American Idol try outs….the family is amazed at my singing abilities…Did I mention how dumb Dumbo is??? Do teens really not like to get out of bed in the AM?

What did Disney get wrong today: Either get rid of Dumbo or build one in every land…

What did Aunt Kari get wrong today: Some say Aunt Kari can’t sing very good and gets it all wrong (the words, the tone, the pitch, the volume) but I know in my heart I will win American Idol…..

BPATSMouse
08-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Its great to see that you were able to "SLEEP IN";)

1EeyoreFan
08-15-2009, 08:10 AM
To answer our question...YES teens do HATE the a.m. lol. I have a 15 yr. old still sound asleep and my 4 yr old up and at it by 6:30 a.m.

I am reading your posts and loving them. We are all in the Disney spirit now.

We are soon loading up (after I pry my teen from his mattress) and making the 8 hr. drive to Disney! Bracing myself for the "are we there yets?" lol.

Thanks for the great reports. They have made the wait more bearable as we got down to the last few days prior departure day.

T-Belle
08-15-2009, 08:46 AM
I wake up every morning and head straight to my laptop to read about your adventures. Really loving your reports. Is there any way you could post some photo's?

nicster
08-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Shy is a normal teen--studies say that teens need more sleep than humans:sleepin:lol.

I am glad to read about Cole & Baby Carly's enthusiasm, it is delightful to see 'feedback' from the people you are with. It sounds like your singing is as good as mine (in our own little worlds :silly::crazy::bow: ) DH & I have added 3 extra days to our trip in September, 2 more days a week ago, and another yesterday. I think your posts have a lot to do with it. We are soooo excited & reading your expressions are a delight... Thanks! We booked some things that we haven't done before; like the Back Stage Magic Tour. The cruise from your last post sounded interesting... hummmm

Christine
08-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm enjoying your reports even if the title of this one made me wanna :sob:

hoop de do
08-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm thoroughly enjoying your reports. You are making one of those "magical" memories. Keep up the great work and reports.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

SBETigg
08-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Can you believe I've actually never ridden Dumbo? We never went when the kids were little (started at 8 and 10) and I convinced them it was not worth it, that better rides were waiting. Am I a bad mom? Maybe. :cool: They don't seem to have regrets.

Teens do sleep sleep sleep, in the morning. Mine are ready to stay up all night. Another great day for you- thanks for reporting!

Mindi Sanders
08-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Wow - Sounds like FUN! I love Dumbo! Maybe you need a Dumbo at the B&B. Sure hope that the heat is not getting to you too much! Sure is hot here!
Hope that all the Perkins are great and that you shock the audience with that amazing voice of yours - by the way what world do you live in? :mickey: A fantasy one for sure!! I am sure if you tried out as goofy you might actually win!
Well all of us here missing out on the fun are doing just fine - only wishing we were in the company of Aunt Kari and one of my favorite sisters!
Have fun and keep the reports coming!
Your little sis

yjgirl32
08-16-2009, 10:08 AM
I hope we have as much magic as yor family seems to have. ANother wonderful report.

BluewaterBrad
08-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Great day Kari. I am heading to your next days report. Waiting to see if you got on to Idol!:mickey:

DizNee143
08-17-2009, 10:15 AM
another great day!! i really love reading your reports!! :mickey:

Mackflava99
08-17-2009, 11:24 AM
excellent report- thanks- i hope you read the dumbo changes that are happeneing...but it does have thie strange magnetism..

faline
09-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Teens will STAY UP until 4:00 a.m. but don't want to GET UP at 4:00 a.m.!

Hoop de Doo is always so much fun and must be more so with a larger group!

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: