PDA

View Full Version : Request a waiter?

BelleKP
08-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Out of curiosity, can you request a particular waiter when you have an ADR? I've read lots of terrific reviews and reports about how it was the server that really made a particular dining experience outstanding (in particular restaurants like 'Ohanas and 50's Prime Time) . . . and I thought it would be great to be able to ask to sit in someone's section. I know that the restaurants are always packed, so I wasn't sure how likely this would be.
So is it possible to be granted a request?
And if you recall a great experience and could request someone . . . who would it be and where?

ElenitaB
08-14-2009, 11:59 PM
I haven't requested a certain CM when making an ADR, but I have asked for certain people when checking in at the podium. The one person that comes to mind is Michael Todd at Crystal Palace! He knows all there is to know about WDW, about Pooh and friends, and how to treat children and adults alike with great respect and kindness. We were lucky enough to have him as our CM when we first went to WDW in 2000, and then again in 2001. I was very happy to see him in 2007 and he was truly touched that we remembered him. I consider him to be a WDW treasure!

Another person who impressed us highly (and I remember this from 2000 also) was Sharon at Boatwright's. Efficient, personable and very sweet.

JPL
08-15-2009, 12:10 AM
I have request Dilly at Boma but only when I arrive and see that he is working :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
08-15-2009, 03:07 AM
1) You can always request.
2) Getting the person is another question.
. . . there has to be a table open in their section
. . . they usually cannot serve you out of their section *

* This would violate the union rules for table assignments and quantity of tables they must serve (aka, station size).

TheDuckRocks
08-15-2009, 02:56 PM
We have been very happy with most all of the waitstaff at WDW, but there are 2 that I ask for and hope they are working while we are there:
1) Dotty at Afternoon Tea at the GF, such a sweet lady.
2) Grumpy Raymond with the weird sense of humor at Liberty Tree Tavern, I'm sure a lot of folks don't quite "get" him though.

*Note - some posts just have to be done in the Rusty Scupper style.;)

SurferStitch
08-15-2009, 11:28 PM
We always ask for Tom at Narcoossee's, and have always gotten him, although I know it's just a request, so no expectatios. We would be more than happy to wait for him if need be...he's THAT awesome!

We ask when we arrive at the podium, not when we make the ADR.