PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried T-Rex?

our happy place
08-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tried the T-Rex
restaurant at downtown? My DS and DD have been bugging us to try it ever since they found out it opened. I don't think it's on the dinning plan and was wondering how pricey it is.

JPL
08-14-2009, 10:09 PM
I tried it in June. The food was good(about on par with Rainforest Cafe) and yes I guess some people would consider it a bit pricey but I thought it was fine. 2 adults and 2 Children with appetizers, dinner and desert was around $80 of course we weren't really looking to order to cheap. I had a steak and my cousin had a full rack of ribs so we really went all out. The atmosphere is really cool and alot of fun especially for the kids, the service was good not great but good. After dinner the kids went and made Dinosaurs at the Build-a-Dino plcae and then played in the dig site area for about a half hour. Overall it was a fun experience :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
08-15-2009, 12:47 AM
I had lunch there in July and the food was good. It's basically a Rainforest Cafe with a Dinosaur theme.

doombuggygal
08-15-2009, 12:58 AM
We were not impressed, it is extremely loud and the food is mediocre especially for the price. We wished we had just walked through (which you can do) and saw the theming.

EPCOTGAL1
08-15-2009, 06:57 AM
We ate their in November for lunch. We sat at the bar and we thought the food was pretty good. I especially liked the "cotton-tini" I got. It IS loud so be prepared for that but we liked the theming and the huge fish tank behind the bar is really pretty to look at. The bar itself was a light-up blue acrylic - again very neat. :)

WRWDisney
08-15-2009, 07:05 AM
We enjoyed it in June. We found the food to be a bit bette than Rainforest Cafe and thought the prices were slightly more reasonable (this was our impression, not a side by side comparison.

The theme-ing was very cool. We got a discount on the entree' with either our DVC or our AP's (sorry, cannot remember which). You are correct, it is not on the DP nor can you get a discount with TiW.

Go and have fun:thumbsup:

MistressGracey
08-15-2009, 11:25 AM
We are heading to T-Rex for the first time in about a month and I have budgeted $80.00 for basically four adults (our kids are older). From what I have seen, this budget will keep us limited to the burger/sandwich/salad menu for the most part, no apps and no dessert. From what I have read, though, the food is good but not stellar, same old-same-old chain fare but with prehistoric-sounding names (and bigger prices). We really just want to eat there and soak in the atmoshpere!

Hope you have fun!:D

hoop de do
08-15-2009, 12:25 PM
We ate there in May. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was great. If your children are into dinosaurs I think it's a must do.
Have a great vaca. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

caryrae
08-15-2009, 02:33 PM
They have a website that shows a menu. It doesn't show prices but you can see what is offered.

http://www.trexcafe.com/Main/Eat.htm

hlkeck
08-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Intercot has a menu with prices. Looks like 2 adults, 2 kids can eat lunch for about $50...

goofygirl67
08-16-2009, 09:38 AM
I love this place. I have eaten there a number of times since it opened. I find that the food is better than RFC. The price is no different than what you would find at Disney.

Spaceship Tigger
08-18-2009, 11:18 AM
I thought it was great. Definitely thought the food was better than RFC. I'd go back just for the Meteor Bites. The kids really loved walking around and looking at everything.

RAIDER
08-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Been there a few times . The menu isnt as good the Rainforest ,but the portions are enourmous .
And the pork shank is amazing ....Its noiser than Rainforest and its worth checking out :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
08-18-2009, 08:01 PM
DH and I ate there 2 days after it opened last October. We really liked the food, although the servers were still pretty green on the menu. They had to check on a lot of things because they weren't totally comfy with the menu yet.

We had the Footprints Flatbread as an appetizer, and it was delicious (and huge). More than enough for 2 adults!

Each of us had an alcoholic drink, but I can't remember what they were.

I had the Mesozoic Mahi Mahi, and again, it was delicious! Perfectly cooked and very tasty! I can't remember what DH had, but I do know he liked it a lot.

We didn't have dessert because we really wanted something from Ghirardelli.

Lunch came to about $75 before tip, so we spent a total of about $90+. Yeah, a little steep, but it was fun to eat there. We were in the ice cave, which was really cool.

We might do lunch there again in December, if time allows.