PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Gotta Getaway Part IV

Beach Club Babe
08-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Well we had started our way back to the room, but Theresa wamted to make a quick pit stop 1st. She thought they had gotten rid of Club Cool, but was thrilled when I told her it was still there. In we went for a sampling. It was too funny, I reminded everyone how bad Beverly was, but no one could remember just how bad. I managed to get everyone to try it. I nearly had an accident laughing so hard! Fun over, it really was back to the room.

We discussed our options and decided to head out to Animal Kingdom for EMH after a brief rest. We had just enough time to ride the Safari before it closed for the night and so we did. Some how or other, we always seem to have such strange experiences here. Maybe because it was the end of the day, but our driver was so unenthusiastic it was comical. We all joked that he would have everyone asleep by the time we returned. Close, but not quite. As for the Safari itself, we saw many animals that we had never seen before,but many of the regulars like elephants and giraffes were nowhere to be seen. The ones we saw were so active that we had to stop a few times for animals in the road. The hippos were all out of the water, and the rhinos were right up close to the truck. Oh and also the Lion was up and prowling around.

Finally, we were hungry and decided to eat. I had tried in vain to get an ADR at Yak & Yeti, but everyone wanted me to see if we could get in anyway. To my surprise we could, with only a 10 minute wait. At the last second, Matt and Ashleigh opted for the quick service side in favor of getting on more rides. There meals were good, but ours were fantastic! Most had the sweet and sour chicken, I had the chicken lo mein, but I can't remeber what Rose had but she loved it. For dessert, Courtney and Theresa split a brownie sundae which was to die for, while Ron and I shared the fried wontons with cream cheese and pineapple, yummy! Rose actually thanked me for picking this place.

Once we had finished Matt had called and they had ridden Dinosaur and were just coming off the rapids, so we met and continued on. We stopped in front of Everest to survey the wait time, and just as we did we were handed 3 fastpasses. Courtney, Ashleigh, and Theresa were the lucky recipients. The guys opted for the standby line. Theresa has been dying to try this ride since it opened and was quite jealous that her mother had ridden it before her the last time she was with us. She was down in the spring for Softball spring training, but no one with her wanted to ride. This was finally her moment. She proclaimed it the best ride ever. So much so, that she and Courtney opted to ride again standby. Emily was growing a little tired of waiting, so I took her over to ride Triceratop Spin 2 times. When we finished, the others were heading our way. We had been under the mistaken impression that the height requirement for Everest was 48 in and Em is just a hair over 47, but Courtney happened to notice that it is only 44. Courtney made her promise that she would ride when we came back later in the week.

It was now close to 10 PM and EMH was nearly over. We called it a night, but once back at Pop bunch of us opted for the pool, before hitting the sack.

offwego
08-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Heather that sounds like so much fun. EMH at AK hasn't been something we've ever done and I may have to look at that again.
I'm so glad to hear your having a good time! And at Pop in particular since we will be there on Aug 22nd.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

sgdisney
08-14-2009, 08:58 PM
The Animal Kingdom takes on a whole new feel as the sun goes down, doesn't it? Your trip reports are great. Keep them coming!

RedSoxFan
08-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Great ending to your day. Your dinner sounds good too.:mickey:

DisneyorBust
08-15-2009, 09:41 AM
We have never been to AK for the evening EMH, it sounds like it takes on a different kind of feel. Sounds like all of you are having a fantastic time, thanks for taking us along.

BelleCiavo
08-15-2009, 03:47 PM
How wonderful that Yak and Yeti could fit you in. Looking forward to more.
Karen

yjgirl32
08-16-2009, 10:00 AM
I am so glad that Everest is 44" since SM isn't open- my son loves roller coasters and on our last trip he was not tall enough to ride any coasters only TOT. Thanks for sharing.

BluewaterBrad
08-16-2009, 06:21 PM
I want to do AK at night sometime too. It sounds real cool!!:mickey:

vizsla
08-17-2009, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
sounds like a good time!
glad you were able to eat at the yak and yeti! :mickey:

princessgirls
08-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Great day Heather! Good to know that Yak and Yeti was wonderful!
Emily is going to love Everest!!! Whooohooo!
Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

faline
09-01-2009, 07:20 PM
I have long wanted to go to an evening Animal Kingdom extra magic hour but., alas, it has not yet worked out for us!

Fun day fo all of you! Perhaps, I'll have to try Yak & Yeti again as I only found it to be average when we ate there!

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 03:27 AM
AN ACCIDENT ON THE CLUB COOL FLOOR:ack:, like anyone would have noticed! :thumbsup:

I would imagine the safari drivers are pretty tired at the end of the shift. Look to the left and you will see blah blah blah and over there some more blah blah blah, shut up warden wilson....etc.;)

I absolutely love Yak and Yeti. Thanks so much for making me hungry at 2am in a house in Tennessee where there is absolutely nothing to eat. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
09-09-2009, 02:12 PM
A great ending to a fabulous day. DS and I kept pestering DH about hitting AK on an evening EMH night, but it didn't happen this trip around. I can only imagine how cool EE at night! How did any of your clan have the energy to going swimming when you returned to POP, though?! :mickey: