PDA

View Full Version : Is it crazy?

DunkieKong
08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
That I think I am more excited about the food this trip than anything else? We're eating at a few new places, some old favs, but I think I just love the variety so much that is what Im excited about. Is that crazy?

MNNHFLTX
08-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Nope, I think that's part of the fun of eating out at Disney World, especially Epcot. So many different types of cuisine to choose from! :)

edhunter28
08-14-2009, 02:39 PM
the food is my favorite part of the trip

Mickey'sGirl
08-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I had a friend ask me at lunch yesterday... "So, what's new since you were down last?" My response was "We got ressies at Kouzzina!" . I share your excitement, friend! Only a week until we're on our way! :thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
08-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Not crazy at all!!

We got free dining for our upcoming trip for the 1st time and I am very excited to wake up tomorrow morning at 7am and get on the phone to make all of our ADR's. We will be choosing places that we love, some that we haven't been to like Le'Cellier and some that we go to every year!

mousetrapper
08-14-2009, 03:29 PM
IMHO, it's not crazy at all. Disney's amazing attention to detail really extends to the restaurants and eateries as well as the attractions. Not just the food, but the atmosphere and cast members really add to the experience.

Of course, loving food doesn't hurt either! But even the times when we weren't thrilled with the food (SciFi Theatre, for example) we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and attention to detail.

BluewaterBrad
08-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Nope!! I get excited about all the great food also!:mickey:

mainemajor
08-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Nope!! I get excited about all the great food also!:mickey:

Same with everyone in my family:thumbsup:

our happy place
08-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Our favorite part of planning the trip is picking where we are going to eat each day. The kids get so excited.

LilRonGal
08-14-2009, 09:31 PM
My husband is jumping up and down about this trip BECAUSE OF THE FOOD! Not the rides (except Haunted Mansion), or meeting characters (that's my thing), but because we're eating at Garden Grill and Liberty Tree Tavern.

So are you crazy?

Nope. Not one bit. :number1:

BelleKP
08-14-2009, 10:16 PM
My DH and I consider ourselves 'foodies'. We really do appreciate good food, service and atmosphere. So I totally know what you mean. Even here at Intercot I spend a lot of my time in the Dining forum! :blush:
For our upcoming trip we had to do a double take . . . we sat down and picked all the restaurants we wanted to try, then realized that these choices reflected our tastes and were not necessarily child friendly. In making this trip more about our DDs we opted out of a few of our choices in order to go to some character meals (which are still good in my opinion :thumbsup:). But we figured that was fine, as some day in the future we will go down during the Food and Wine festival and make the trip ALL about Food! :eat::tasty:

EeyoresBestFriend
08-14-2009, 11:03 PM
We had to extend our trip by a couple of days just to cram in all the places we want to eat in. :funny:

My Dad was crushed that he may only get to eat at Bomas once?!? :shake:

Love the Food! :cloud9:

GreenBeetle
08-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Our favorite part of planning the trip is picking where we are going to eat each day.

Yup, our family too! :D

Tinkerfreak
08-15-2009, 08:16 AM
We had to extend our trip by a couple of days just to cram in all the places we want to eat in. :funny:

My Dad was crushed that he may only get to eat at Bomas once?!? :shake:

Love the Food! :cloud9:

That is too funny. We are in the same situation. We were going to go for only 6 days but realized we had more dining choices than days and could only fit Boma in once. We could cut a few options :sob::fit: but no way! We decided we had to actually add a day to fit them all in.:blush:

LandFan
08-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Us too. I especially love free dining since we tend to try things that we might not ordinarily have tried before.

IamBelle
08-15-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't think it's crazy, I am excited for the new restaurants I am trying also. We are going to Le Cellier, Chefs de France, and Biergarten, as well as others that we have never tried before. I can't wait, 3 days!!

Belster
08-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Yay!!!!:yay: I am so excited that someone else feels the same way I do. Of course I LOVE being at WDW but the food is just another part of the excitement for me!!

BPATSMouse
08-16-2009, 12:51 AM
If its crazy then we all need to book a padded room. We as a family get together the week before ADR's can be made and pick our favorites. Everyone gets excited waiting to hear back from our TA if we got our choices. This years trip we got all that we asked for. :eat:

It was like we had won the lottery when I read the e-mail from our TA.:cheer::trio::crazy:

Marceline
08-16-2009, 01:03 AM
The food is tops on my lists of loves about Disney too!:cloud9:

It's a special thing because they are places you only get to eat at in The World!!!

:thumbsup::mickey:

DunkieKong
08-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Okay, im definitely feeling better about being more excited for the food than anything else. I wouldn't have even given it a second thought, except some coworkers were busting my chops because I kept talking about the food, and not the rides. Well, only 6 more hours until I arrive and start my week long feasting. Thanks for the support

nicster
08-16-2009, 09:41 AM
The first time we got DDP & were 'investigating' the different TS restaurants, DH kept saying "it's not about the food". Intellectually, I agreed. However, this being the third time that we will have DDP, & during the Food & Wine Festival at that, I have decided that many, maybe not all,of the TS restaurants are an 'attraction' in themselves. Viewed this way, I do not feel ... bad about spending the time & effort needed to be there. It may not be about the food, but it is the whole package that continues to make it THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!:mickey:

ransam
08-16-2009, 01:43 PM
i love discussing w/ the people i go with about what resturant to eat at..it's so much fun...

IloveDisney71
08-16-2009, 08:48 PM
You're not crazy. The food is always my DH's favorite part of our trips.:mickey:

kemps@wdw
08-17-2009, 10:24 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Dining options are a HUGE part of our vaca planning. Almost as important as accomodations! WDW is 2nd to none when it comes to great dining "experiences". And I, for one, want to experience them all! Of course, there will always be our must-do faves during each visit, but we always try to do at least 4-5 new places each time we come back. That's why I LOVE my fellow Inercoters and this site. They give me the 411 on any new places, and any problems w/the old ones! :rocks::thanks: