PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Gotta Getaway Part III

Beach Club Babe
08-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Emily had wanted desperately to go in the pool last night, but we had to keep her new princess hair in tact for the last of her surprises. It was breakfast with the princesses in Norway. So it was off to Epcot for us this morning. I had made this ADR well before Rose and Theresa had decided to join us, and I could not get another ADR to include them, but they said they didn't mind. Couple that with the fact that Rose was having trouble making it from the bus stop to the parks and the bus stop to the room. It seems that renting the ECV in the parks was not going to work for her this time. She decided to rent an ECV for the rest of the week from K&M rentals. They would be bringing it to Pop Century this morning for her. So that sort of coincided with our plans, so all was well.

As for the rest of us, we were up early with Emily's hair still in perfect tact and her Aurora dress on. She still had no idea. Our ADR was for 10:30, so we had time for another ride on Spaceship Earth. No matter how many times I ride it, the sound of Judi Dench still grates on my nerves, I'll never warm to this. Next we hopped over to Mousegears to get Emily some shoes to match her dress. Sneakers or crocs just would not do for such an occasion. While I was purchasing the shoes, Courtney hopped over and picked up Fastpasses for Test Track for later. Afterwards, we didn't really have enough time to see any more attractions, but we were still a bit early for our ADR's. We walked over as slowly as we could, checked in, and waited just inside the doorway of The Puffin's Roost to keep out of the heat. Other families soon joined us, so it was a relief when they called our name.

I said to Emily, "Here's the rest of your surprise, breakfast." To which she responded, "you've got to be kidding me, breakfast, BREAKFAST, what a stupid surprise!" I had a good laugh at the look on her face, which was soon replaced by a whole other look as we entered and she saw Belle in her yellow dress waiting for us to take pictures! She was so excited. We have not had an ADR with Princesses in a very long time, I'm not sure if she would even remember that. We were seated right near where the princesses made their grand entrances, so we were the 2nd ones to get pics. First came Aurora, yay! She was especially excited to see her. Next was Snow White, who's voice was so high, we couldn't understand a word she said. Cinderella was up next and rounding out them all was Ariel, who we had never seen in a dress. This was our 2nd time at this princess breakfast, the first coming way back when they first started it here at Akershus. This time was a much better food experience, although still way overpriced imho. All in all worth it for Emily, but not something that must be done every time.

After breakfast, we boarded the Maelstrom since we were there after all. Emily of course, wanted to ride Gran Fiesta Tour, but we decided to save that for later. Instead, we made our way back to Future World and rode Figment. Just after we had disembarked, Rose called, and she and Theresa had just arrived. I told her we would meet her by the dancing fountain. Actually, I sent courtney up to collect them, and she brought them to us, so we could visit with Nemo and Friends. After the ride, of course Emily wanted to do some fish watching, so everyone but Rose, Ron, and Ashleigh headed upstairs to the viewing tanks. the dolphins were especially playful today, as well as the sea turtle. I've never seen a sea turtle play around so much, not even Crush! We had a great time watching. As we moved to the other tanks, we spy some scuba divers,but the 3rd one was no ordinary diver, it was Mickey Mouse! Everyone gathered around to watch and Mickey swam up to the window to wave. He took notice of Hallie sleeping in my arms, and made a rocking motion, followed by a coochie coo motion, and when he realized she was indeed asleep, he held his finger up to shush everyone around. It was all very sweet.

From there it was on to use our fp's from earlier. Ron, Matt, Em, and I rode first, followed by the others using the rider switch and remaining fp's. I took Hallie to the BCC, and the rest met me there when they were finished. Just then the clouds opened up and we were stuck there until it subsided. We were due to eat at the Hollywood Brown Derby, but we were still too full from breakfast. Instead, we headed back to the room for a break and a change of plans.

faline
08-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Emily's initial reaction to the rest of her surprise was too funny!

Very nice start to your day!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I love the reaction to breakfast, that is something my DD would do too!

Glad you enjoyed it though, we much prefer it to CRT :princess:

sgdisney
08-14-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm so happy to be reading your reports. How neat to see Mickey in the tank. And he provided a great story for you to tell Hallie when she is older! Looking forward to hearing more!

BluewaterBrad
08-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Waiting for more Heather!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-14-2009, 05:46 PM
I got a good chuckle out of Emily's reaction to her 3rd surprise. Sounds like a great day so far.

DisneyorBust
08-15-2009, 09:36 AM
What a great surprise visit from Mickey!
Hopefully, someone was able to snap a few photos! Looking forward to your next installment.

BelleCiavo
08-15-2009, 03:44 PM
That must have been so sweet to see Mickey swimming with the fishes, um, so to speak.
Off to read more. :mickey:

yjgirl32
08-16-2009, 09:56 AM
We too are trying Akershush this trip around. Mainly to eat with the princesses. Hope we enjoy it as much as Emily. Thanks for sharing.

vizsla
08-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
08-17-2009, 12:15 PM
what a great day! lol..her reaction to her surprise is too funny..but glad she ended up enjoying herself!!
that is sooo awesome you got to see mickey scuba diving!!! :mickey:

January-2007
08-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Mackflava99
08-17-2009, 10:14 PM
we saw mickey in the tank last year- that is a fun experience

princessgirls
08-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Sweet little Hallie being touched by the Disney Magic!

Princess Emily had a good day too!

Thanks for sharing Heather! As usual your crew is having a great time!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 03:22 AM
Emily's reaction to breakfast would have made a great youtube video. I agree with you about Spaceship Earth. Bring Back Walter Cronkite or Jeremy Irons!:thumbsup:

KylesMom
09-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Everyone gathered around to watch and Mickey swam up to the window to wave. He took notice of Hallie sleeping in my arms, and made a rocking motion, followed by a coochie coo motion, and when he realized she was indeed asleep, he held his finger up to shush everyone around. It was all very sweet. Awwwww - what a wonderful memory of Mickey and Hallie's first meeting! :mickey: