PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Dance with Goofy and One Big 'Ole Dinosaur!

AuntKari
08-14-2009, 07:07 AM
Aunt Kari’s at Disney—Anniversary Dance with Goofy and One Big ‘Ole Dinosaur! Day 8

Nice to hear back from all of you on my reports. Hi Bluewater Brad. I was very spoiled in a suite at WL with concierge, Old Faithful Club, housekeeping services and watching EWP from balcony. But I think you want to know if I am missing being on Disney property with its proximity and transport and maybe feel of magic and the answer is no. We are in the closest resort complex to Disney World and it doesn’t take us long at all. I have an annual pass so it is not costing us to park. If I go to a resort I can valet the car if I want (saving time and walking in heat). We can get everywhere VERY quickly. Even if I was on property I would drive most everywhere and the couple of places I would not I can still use the boats. I don’t need any bus service. I would highly recommend a rental car to all of you. Our home is great (and Disney themed) so not unhappy. There are some real pluses to a home too.

Hi Everybody-Here goes Day 8 (3rd day with the family and the 2nd day at a park) of Aunt Kari’s Trip-Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios here we come!

Notes:
1. Today is Daddy and Mama’s Anniversary. I forgot to tell you all that we got a Mickey head Anniversary Cake for them as a surprise on the boat last night. After the Captain pulled up just past the bridge he set the table for us and brought out the cake. They were very surprised and we all loved the cake!
2. So, Happy Anniversary Stacy and Missi!

What did Aunt Kari do today: Was up again at 4:00 AM with no problems. Played Tinkerbelle again leaving a gift outside each of the kid’s rooms. I ask them every morning if Tinkerbelle visited them last night and what they got. Very fun!!! Also had a “Celebrate banner”, the Disney Anniversary buttons, streamers, and a Disney postcard signed by all the kids for them on the dining table. No breakfast at home-we had plans!!! We were at Animal Kingdom by 7:30 AM and took a few pictures before checking in for Donald’s Breakfast Safari. I did not tell them about it until we were at the gate. I did not think the food was great but the choices were very nice and I liked the coffee. The characters were great and everyone had a very exciting time. We saw Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy. They also did the dancing parade and Daddy, Baby Carly and Cole all did that. They also brought Daddy a birthday cupcake for his birthday on Thursday. Cody chose a Cast Member here to give a Thank you/praise certificate to. Missi got the picture that they took so we will also be able to utilize it on our Photopass. I got heaps of photos. After breakfast I got the family right onto Kilimanjaro Safaris and I ran for a Fastpass for Expedition Everest. I do not like the mad dash for EE. It’s a crazy and maybe a bit unfriendly feeling frenzy…but I got them. Back to get family and we went to Festival of the Lion King. Everyone enjoyed this show and they did a nice job. After that I took 5 year old Cole to Dinoland to get Fastpasses for Dinosaur and then he and I got in line to see Pluto and Goofy. He gave a certificate to the character greeting Cast member. The family rode EE. They liked it more than I did. We all met up to meet characters Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger. We then all went to ride Dinosaur and they loved it as I knew they would. Cole likes dinosaurs and is a very enthusiastic little guy with a great smile. We got another Fastpass for Dinosaur and went to see Finding Nemo. This was the only thing we stood in line for. The shows are excellent. I think Shy and Cody are surprised there are so many shows and fewer rides (I know, Disney calls then all attractions). After Finding Nemo we rode Dinosuar and then walked right onto Tough to be a Bug. The kids started their Animal Discovery Club cards here getting their first stamp. It was very hot today!!! We then left for Disney Hollywood Studios before the parade (we will come back). Aunt Kari ran straight for the Star Tours Fastpass and then we all reported to Hollywood Brown Derby for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. This was very good. Good service, good food, and a good time. Lots of food and nice choices. The family loved the steak. I had arranged an Anniversary cake as well so that was a nice surprise for them. After dinner we got onto Star Tours and Muppets 3D Vision show and then we reported for Fantasmic. This show was terrific-everyone’s favorite-in fact, did I even get a slight smile out of Shy???? She is very laid back. Aunt Kari did not like waiting for the show. I do not sit well. The big debate of booking the dinner package…hmmmm…I would say no. It is a full and expensive meal and then you do not get center seats and you STILL have to show up so early. I say get food to go and eat while you wait. We could have been playing in the park the whole time we were at HBD.

Hotel: Rental Home off property. Very pleased.

Drink: Nothing to report

Food: Everything at Hollywood Brown Derby was a success. They did mess up my cake order but they took care of it. Salad, corn bread, beans, and cake at Hoop de Doo all good. Mains (chicken and ribs) okay but not as good. A grumpy Cast member as a server however.

Shopping: Cole had to get some little dinosaurs!!! Baby Carly still being careful and Shy and Cody not asking for a thing nor spending their own money. WOW!!! Aunt Kari has been done shopping (did you read that Hubby???)

Aunt Kari’s Magical Moments: Tinkerbelle’s visit is fun to do and see happen. The characters at breakfast were good. A smile out of Shy??? Kids were very good today! Nice to have a few quiet private moments with just Cole. After Fantasmic it was pure joy to hold 8 year old Baby Carly in my arms on the tram back to the car. 13 year old Cody is our sweet boy! He comes to me (on his own accord) every night after his shower to hug me and thank me. That’s magical! Nice to see/know Shy can go to her OWN room each night and shut HER door. Hope she is enjoying that. And was that a smile after Fantasmic Shy????

Spreading the Magic: We gave Fastpasses away as we left. We gave out two certificates today. Stacy (Daddy) is our social bug and talks to everyone adding joy to their experience.

Evaluations: I do not believe you HAVE to get the Fantasmic dinner package. Do show up early however and do have lots to drink/eat/entertain yourself with as you wait. No rain since the family has arrived. Very hot. Would LOVE to be here in winter. Drink lots of water-I had read this and I am doing it and you need it! Sticking to the original plan.

What did Disney get wrong today: Why did Disney make us arrive so early to Hoop de Doo and so early to the Illuminations Specialty Cruise? That was not necessary when time is of the essence here. Grumpy Hoop de Doo server.

What did Aunt Kari get wrong today: I need to take a camera class. That can be frustrating-going from fireworks to night shots to day shots and then when you want a shot real quick it is in the wrong mode and you do not know what you are doing…First night family was tired (and this included old Aunt Kari).

But up and at it tomorrow. Off to Walt’s Magic Kingdom!

“Did you see that real big Dinosaur Aunt Kari? It was going to eat me!”
Cole Perkins 2009

T-Belle
08-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Another great report. Sorry about the Hoop Dee Doo server.

yjgirl32
08-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Too cute. Love your reports. I really raally hope my reports will be as enternaing as yours have been for me. Thanks so much for sharing. You have brought me magic just by reading your reports.

Rekenna
08-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks, I needed my fix-I was waiting impatiently!:thumbsup:

nicster
08-14-2009, 10:25 AM
I have been wondering about the value of the Fantasmic Dinner Package, thanks for confirming my suspicion. As for the Hoop Dee Doo, we went in 2007 and thought the same thing. They already had the tables assigned, and it started at a set time, so there was no real reason for getting there so early. I suppose they don't want late comers, or to have ones underestimate the time it takes to transport over... I would love to have more info on the exact place you are staying, it sounds fantastic. Enjoy MK- :mickey:

faline
08-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Tinkerbelle is certainly spreadng lots of magic in your home! What a wonderful trip you are all having!

DizNee143
08-14-2009, 11:16 AM
another great day with you and your family!! im really enjoying reading all about your trip!! hope everyone is having a great time..:mickey:

Aurora's Mom
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I would love to have more info on the exact place you are staying, it sounds fantastic. Enjoy MK- :mickey:

I would also love some more info on where you are staying. We are going in October and staying at Windsor Palms. I've never stayed off property before and am really nervous about it.

I'd love to have your opinion on your resort and staying off property as well.

Aurora's Mom
08-14-2009, 01:46 PM
I would love to have more info on the exact place you are staying, it sounds fantastic. Enjoy MK- :mickey:

I would also love some more info on where you are staying. We are going in October and staying at Windsor Palms. I've never stayed off property before and am really nervous about it.

I'd love to have your opinion on your resort and staying off property as well.

Vintage Disney
08-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Is there maid service available at the vacation home? It would probably be nice to have someone come in once or twice during the week to tidy the bathrooms and do a general vacuum.

BluewaterBrad
08-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Another great day Kari! You guys have to be getting a little tired. Thanks for letting us all in on your vacation!!:mickey: