PDA

View Full Version : Hair wraps for shorter hair?

OleDoleDoffin
08-14-2009, 03:52 AM
So in less than six weeks (yay!) we'll be at Disney World celebrating my 40th birthday. Now, you understand, I live with Guys. Not just men, but Guys with a capital G. And although I love them to death, sometimes I need to do something silly and girly just to reassert that this is not an entirely testosterone-based household.

I also work at a preschool and one of our little girls has come back from a vacation in southerly climes with pretty little braids and a hair wrap. And I realized: that's what I want to do. I want a hair wrap! :blush: We'll be staying at Pop Century, which has a wrap kiosk as far as I know, and I know I saw a kiosk at Downtown Disney too on our last trip. Finding a place to have it done shouldn't be an issue.

But my hair is fairly short - should be about chin length by vacation time. Will they do wraps in hair that short? Will it look ridiculous? (Let's not talk about whether it will look silly on a 40-year-old. Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional!)

kakn7294
08-14-2009, 04:03 AM
They can do wraps on shorter hair. You pay by the inch that's wrapped plus any charms and such that you add. Have a great time and enjoy your hair wrap!

BTW, the only time we did BBB, there was an 80 yo grandma getting all done up like a princess to celebrate her birthday. You aren't alone!

It'sWDW4me
08-14-2009, 08:50 AM
BTW, the only time we did BBB, there was an 80 yo grandma getting all done up like a princess to celebrate her birthday. You aren't alone!

This just about makes me cry - how wonderful for her to still be able to tap into her inner princess at 80! :princess: Too many people let themselves grow up as they get older.

OP - enjoy your hair wrap!!!

MistressGracey
08-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I, too, live in a all-male environment, with the only other source of estrogen here coming from my cat. :D

Last time we were at Pop, I saw a little girl with a "pixie" style haircut getting her hair wrapped, so I know they could do yours at chin length. Have fun!