PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier and 2 year old?

seanyred
08-13-2009, 05:53 PM
My DW told me she read in a book that Le Cellier at EPCOT is not very suitable for kids. I really want to try this resturaunt this time...but was wondering if others have taken their kids their for lunch or dinner?

SBETigg
08-13-2009, 07:28 PM
It's very suitable for families with kids. Some people seem to want it to be romantic and adult, maybe due to the "wine cellar" sort of theme (darker lighting, but not really conducive to romance with tables fairly close together). If I was looking for a romantic evening, Le Cellier wouldn't be my choice.

They do have a kids menu and the truth is that you will find plenty of families with children there. Feel free to try it out.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2009, 07:36 PM
We're not huge fans of Le Cellier, but the couple of times we've been we've seen families with kids of all ages.

The only challenge is that the tables are rather close together, but it is like any other Disney restaurant, family friendly.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-13-2009, 08:54 PM
We went last year with my daughters who were 1.5 and 3 at the time. The 1 1/2 year old was sleeping when we got three and they actually let us bring the stroller all the way into the restaurant. She then woke up... VERY cranky. VERY... I actually took her into the ladies room to hold her and let her cry it off for a little bit soe that she would not bother the other diners. Once she calmed down we went back to the tabvle and finished our meal.

But we were NOT the only ones with kids here... and little ones at that.

I LOVED the food here and the atmosphere, butwould never consider it a romantic restaurant!

Bring your kids, you will be fine!

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
08-14-2009, 02:26 AM
:mickey: We were there for lunch in April, with our 2 year old grandaughter, and I can assure you there were lots of children at Le Cellier that day. (loved the food by the way)
Le Cellier certainly isn't a "food court" type of dining experience, but as with 99% of restaurants at Disney children are welcome.

SheLovesDisney
08-14-2009, 07:20 AM
I would not hesitate to take a two year old here. Le Cellier always has plenty of little ones - no matter what the time of day. I think the reason some say it is not the best pick for small children, is that it has a rather simple decor with dimmer lighting. It is still completely ok for little ones - my kids love the breadsticks and still crack up at the Chocolate Moose! If you want to dine here - go for it!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-14-2009, 08:38 AM
We went in December and their were several families with small children there. I find that Disney restaurants with the exception of V&A are kid friendly....

AmandaChan
08-14-2009, 09:05 AM
When we went there was a table to our right that had about 6 kids at it. The atmosphere is a little lightly dimmed so it might be kind of strange for a 2 year old but of course they have crayons and paper to occupy them.

DH and I will hopefully have our next trip when our dear child (whenever we should have one) turns about 2 or 3. And we plan on eating at this place because we loved it so much. Plus it is not loud AT ALL, it's very quaint.

jonahbear2006
08-17-2009, 02:35 AM
We went with our 8,6,4,and almost 2 yr old and it was fantastic. We had an absolutely lovely time here.

wire0monkey
08-17-2009, 09:15 AM
I've read that book.

I think what they mean by "less suitable" for kids is that Le Cellier isn't high on the entertainment level for kids. Le Cellier just has food. Kids are welcome, but there are a lot of places at Epcot that kids usually like better. Coral Reef has fish to look at, Biergarten has an oompah-band, Marrakesh has a band and a dancer, Rose and Crown has seating by the lake, the Mexican place has seating that lets you look at the volcano and the boat ride, and Teppen Edo has a teppen chef.

Mickey91
08-17-2009, 09:46 AM
It really depends on whether you want a restaurant where you can enjoy the food and atmosphere or if you want somewhere to entertain your child. While Le Cellier is not a child's restaurant, it has a very grown up atmosphere, children dine there all the time. I would say that as long as your child knows to sit at the table and be polite, you would totally enjoy Le Cellier.

Ricbr
08-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I was there in 07 with my 2 sons (ages 6 and 2). We had no problems with them and no one seemed bothered by them being there.

I think at one point my youngest was a bit tired but my wife picked him up and walked towards the enterance to calm him down. But the staff there were very friendly towards the kids and for us it worked out to be a great place to go.

We plan on going there again next year but we will now be a bit older (sons ages will be 9 and 5)....but we have a new son on the way. He will be 8 months for that trip. We are not worried about it....we are looking forward to still going there.

seanyred
08-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks for all your info. I was able to make my ADR's today and booked Le Cellier during our trip...now I just have to wait 3 months.