PDA

View Full Version : Help with printing PhotoPass pictures

AXOAlum
08-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I contacted PhotoPass customer service before I ordered the CD and was told that I needed to save each photo in the size I wanted to have printed. She said that it only mattered when I was selecting borders - so if I wanted a 4x6 with a border, I needed to save it as a 4x6 specifically (since the default size is 5x7). So I spent a terrible amount of time saving and re-saving each of the sizes for each of the photos (over 200 original photos!). After receiving the CD, I selected the photos to print & sent them to an online center for printing. I ended up getting back several 5x7's with the border cut off. When I contacted the online service that printed them, they said that I needed PhotoShop or another editing type software, and check the measurements of the photo before having it printed.

Okay, I am SO dumb when it comes to all things computer. I don't have the money (or need) for PhotoShop, and even if I had it, how the heck would I use it?

Does anyone have a simple explanation for me on how I can get the 5x7's I want with the borders (the ones I added via PhotoPass before ordering the CD) intact? Feel free to PM me & thank you for any help!!

Zippy 1
08-13-2009, 05:51 PM
I also had this problem when I printed the pictures. Many had the border cut off. It was mainly my 4x6 prints. I have photoshop and was unable to correct the problem.

TheVBs
08-13-2009, 07:25 PM
That's odd. I didn't have this problem. But, I didn't resize my photos on the PhotoPass site before I ordered my cd. Do you think that may have been the problem? I did add borders to some, and saved them as copies. I used Kodak to order our prints, both in 5x7's and 4x6's and had no problems with the prints I got.

We have PaintShopPro and I use that to resize when I'm printing something myself, but have never had to use it to resize something before uploading it to order prints.

AXOAlum
08-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I didn't end up printing any 4x6's with borders (yet) but wanted to have the option. Some of the 5x7's I printed did fine, but the others were cut off (bad enough that you barely see any border). That's what had me so perplexed. Maybe I'll take the CD to the drugstore and print it from a kiosk and see if it happens again.

Thanks for the replies!!

tinksmom02
08-16-2009, 12:35 AM
That's odd. I didn't have this problem. But, I didn't resize my photos on the PhotoPass site before I ordered my cd. Do you think that may have been the problem? I did add borders to some, and saved them as copies. I used Kodak to order our prints, both in 5x7's and 4x6's and had no problems with the prints I got.

Yeah, I did the same thing...just added the borders or whatever I wanted, and then saved that picture. I printed through winkflash, most 4x6s but I did get some 5x7s and everything came out fine.

Zippy 1
08-16-2009, 11:36 AM
When I did my photo pass pix I just added the borders and saved them. I did not resize them. I still had the problem of cut off borders mainly on 4x6 prints when I had them printed. I printed them through Walmart but that is usually no problem when I print other pictures. So I guess I don't understand why some of us are having a problem and not others.

TheVBs
08-16-2009, 09:22 PM
I just remembered something. When I started ordering prints through Kodak I had to make sure that the option to automatically crop my pictures was turned off. I guess since most digital cameras don't take pictures that fit into the 4x6 ratio (if that's the right way to say it) some printers will automatically crop and center your photo when you order a print. With that option turned off I do end up with white borders, but my entire picture is there. I'll bet that's what happened to your pictures! See if there's a way to contact them to have the cropping turned off for your account.