PDA

View Full Version : Which Disney Spa is Best?

disneykidsince1970
08-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Hello! Has anyone been to a few of the Disney spas? We have been to the GF spa several times and find that it is just okay really. On our next trip September we’d like to try a new spa and were just wondering which is the best. Thanks!

Nikki:mickey:

Cinderelley
08-14-2009, 04:15 AM
I don't really like the GF spa either, but I love the spa at Saratoga Springs. Mandara Spa would be my 2nd choice.

mimi78
08-14-2009, 10:47 AM
I second the Saratoga Springs spa! Its very spacious and relaxing, and I've had great massages there. I wasn't too impressed with the GF spa, I found it to be small and therefore crowded. I've never been to the Mandara.

ThanxForNoticin
08-14-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't do spas personally, but my wife's choice is very obvious (since she continues to return whenever possible) - Saratoga Springs.

tinkergal
08-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Saratoga Springs gets my vote, too! Beautifully appointed & wonderful staff. Enjoy wherever you choose. :mickey:

disneykidsince1970
08-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Well I'd say that Saratoga Springs wins!! Thank you very much for the replies.

Nikki:mickey:

redleg96
08-15-2009, 07:44 PM
We're considering the GF spa for DW. We thought about Saratoga Springs but I'm originally from the 'original' Saratoga Springs up in the Adrirondacks, so the 'appeal' just isn't there. Let us know how it turns out and you might be able to change our mind. Hope you have a great time.

SurferStitch
08-15-2009, 11:34 PM
We've only gone to the Grand Flo Spa, but we've always been extremely satisfied with every treatment we've ever had. I see they've added some new treatments (Aurum Manus Massage is one) that I can't wait to try!

Plus, since we like to stay at the Grand Flo or the Poly, it's so convenient, and such a nice leisurely walk to the spa. We love to be able to go to the Grand Flo Cafe afterward, and then stroll back to our room to freshen up. The last thing I'd want to do after a relaxing spa treatment is take a loud/hectic bus ride back to my resort.

Cinderelley
08-17-2009, 06:16 AM
We're considering the GF spa for DW. We thought about Saratoga Springs but I'm originally from the 'original' Saratoga Springs up in the Adrirondacks, so the 'appeal' just isn't there. Let us know how it turns out and you might be able to change our mind. Hope you have a great time.

There's also the Mandara Spa. I've only been once, but it is beautiful on the inside. My friend had a great time relaxing on the balcony while she waited for me to finish. The staff was very friendly. If you really don't want the Saratoga Springs theming, this is a great alternative.

AmBo
08-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best type of massage for relaxation purposes? I'm thinking of surprising my gf with an appt for our next trip :secret:

SurferStitch
08-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best type of massage for relaxation purposes? I'm thinking of surprising my gf with an appt for our next trip :secret:

A traditional Swedish massage is a great way to relax. Again, I'm referring to the Grand Flo Spa since I don't know what the others offer, but you can get a 25, 50 or 80 minute massage.

What I love more than the massages are the facials. The Grand Floridian deluxe is wonderful (80 minutes), and includes mini hand and foot massages, too. The European Aromatherapy facial is also very nice (50 minutes).

Cinderelley
08-18-2009, 11:39 PM
A Swedish massage is a basic massage. You can get it at any massage place. Even if they call it by another name, just tell them you want to book a Swedish massage, and they'll know what you are talking about.

Tez
08-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Where is the Mandara spa?

Cinderelley
08-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Where is the Mandara spa?

At the Dolphin.