PDA

View Full Version : DME question

EmmMOM2
08-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Does DME always drop off at the same resorts?
I will be getting dropped off at POFQ is this a first stop or are there others first?

I'm used to going to AKL and we are usually the LAST stop when going there. We went to POP and one other before.

Do they have a consistent schedule or do the resorts they drive to change?

Just wondering where we will be let off in the schedule?

Tinkerbella16
08-13-2009, 04:17 PM
The last two wdw trips I've gone on and used DME were to POR and POFQ. Both times it was the same drop-offs...

Saratoga Springs
Old Key West
French Quarter
Riverside

So if its still that way, you'll be third..but all four resorts so close to eachother it does not take long at all.

CleveRocks
08-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Does DME always drop off at the same resorts?
I will be getting dropped off at POFQ is this a first stop or are there others first?

I'm used to going to AKL and we are usually the LAST stop when going there. We went to POP and one other before.

Do they have a consistent schedule or do the resorts they drive to change?

Just wondering where we will be let off in the schedule?
There is no iron-clad grouping of resorts, and there no pre-set routes or a pre-set order of drop-offs.

Some groupings frequently occur, but they are not "set" as the way to do it all the time. Disney groups/dispatches buses based upon the DME reservations data ... they know about how many people will be going to which resorts at what times, and they make the bus groupings based upon this data to make for the most efficient runs.

As for the order of drop-offs ... with a single exception for Magic Kingdom-area resorts, the DME drivers decide the order for themselves ... Disney does not tell them an order to go in.

In short, there is no way for you to plan what other resorts will be on your bus, or what number drop-off you'll be.