PDA

View Full Version : Pop request?

momof3+twins
08-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Should I request a room that is closer to the food court? Not paying for the preferred room this time. I notice that some of the parking lot view rooms are close to the food court and the parking. That would be nice. Or do you feel all the rooms are close to the food court?

And if I make this request, should I do the online check in? Does it reduce the chances of getting that room? If there is a problem at check in, can they take care of it there?

DisneyFr33k
08-13-2009, 09:53 AM
My experiences with Pop and All Stars is that you can make all the requests you want, but there is no guarantee. One year we got completely opposite of what we wanted, but it ended up being a good thing in the long run. Not sure what happens if you are completely dissatisfied with your room. One year I asked if they had another room opening up later and the cast member said "this is all we have right now".

I think they way the have laid out all the buildings, it is not a long haul to get to the buses or food like the All Stars can be. We stayed in the 50's building - which is furthest away from the buses and didn't feel like it was too far. You're right, the 90's building has some areas that are closest to the buses, but all in all, I've heard that any of the buildings work well.

Rekenna
08-13-2009, 09:58 AM
It never hurts to call and make your request noted on your reservation. I do this every time and it seems to work out well. I also call every so often to check on my reservation to make sure my request is noted-although my request will not be guaranteed. I definetly call 1 week out and the day before we leave to make sure our requests are noted.

Not sure if you have been to POP before, if not just to let you know it is much bigger than the all stars. So request away. I'm not sure about the online check-in question, b/c I haven't done it yet. You should be able to ask the reservationist on the phone when you ask them to note your special requests.

Good luck!