PDA

View Full Version : Pin Number???

our happy place
08-13-2009, 07:41 AM
I keep hearing about pin numbers that some people get for Disney specials. How do you get them ? Do you need to belong to a special site?

momofdisneyprincess
08-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Although we have never gotten them before, we have received around 6 just this year. Unfortunately, none that we have been able to take advantage of. I have received some in the form of a postcard in the mail but most have been emails from Disney Destinations. Although, nobody seems to know "for sure" why certain people receive these, I suspect I am receiving them because I signed up on Disney's website to receive special offers, as well as requested a planning video.

Strmchsr
08-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Yep, you get them by being signed up on WDW's website to receive special offers. How they choose who receives them is anyone's guess, though. I didn't receive one for over 7 years, then have gotten 6 in the last 2 years. So, it's just look of the draw, I guess, but it seems once you use one you get more.

elmjimmlm
08-13-2009, 08:52 AM
I have signed up online for anything related to Disney and we were also stopped in Dec. by a cast member and asked our email and mailing address...We did receive several this year...

Emme&TeddysMommy
08-13-2009, 09:31 AM
I have a random question. We get emails from Disney destinations about our upcoming trip all the time. Do the pin codes come on those or do the just come by themselves? Just wondering I wouldn’t want to accidentally delete anything so important.

faline
08-13-2009, 10:00 AM
I've never gotten a pin code e-mailed to me. However, I've had several sent to our home. Generally, it's been a completely separate communication.

masondoggy
08-13-2009, 10:06 AM
I just got my first pin code this week. Can't use it, though, unless DH gets the promotion we're hoping for. If he does, look out! :mickey:

Tinkerbella16
08-13-2009, 11:25 AM
We've received pins by email and by regular mail.

Usually the one that comes in the mail is in my step-fathers name because he does not go to wdw. Disney knows who visits frequently, annually and all that so there hasn't been one yet with my name on it. But since we have the same address I was still able to use it.

It is very random how they send them. Some people will not receive any at all and some folks luck out and get more than a few throughout the year.

kwhitt3202
08-13-2009, 11:49 AM
has anyone recieved a pin for 2010?

our happy place
08-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for all the info I went to the web site and signed up so now I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens.