PDA

View Full Version : 'Ohana is it worth it for dinner.

Ksmith75
08-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Dh and i were thinking of doing 'Ohana next May. Is it a good place for dinner?

PittFan
08-12-2009, 07:43 PM
We're doing it in October for the first time ... make sure to book it at the 180 mark !!!

GO STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVC2004
08-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Completely a must-do! Get those ressies as it books up fast. Probably one of the best meals on property hands down. Fun too.

hoop de do
08-12-2009, 08:06 PM
We have done it several times. It is a great meal and a great experience.

MonoMan
08-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I think it is definitely worth it - the food is fantastic and if you go for dinner you can watch the fireworks at MK from the beach at the Poly after dinner - it's a great view:thumbsup:

Celakip
08-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Make sure you show up hungry!:mickey:

elmjimmlm
08-12-2009, 08:46 PM
This is my DH favorite place to eat (so far)...I don't think that you can go wrong with it...:mickey:

SurferStitch
08-12-2009, 08:52 PM
DH and I love having dinner here. It's good, solid, basic food, but cooked perfectly and well seasoned. The music and entertainment is fun, too.

We will be having breakfast and dinner here in December, yet again!!

mickeys_princess_mom
08-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Dh and i were thinking of doing 'Ohana next May. Is it a good place for dinner?

O-o-o-o-h, yeah.
Headed there the first night on next trip for my birthday. :woohoo:Went the first night on last trip! (Well, we tried, but plane was delayed four hours and we missed it, but went and talked to manager very next day, and she graciously put us right in when they opened! :mjump: We were more upset about missing Ohana's than we were about sitting on the plane four hours or dragging in late to WDW or getting our luggage at two in the morning!:blush:)

T-Belle
08-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I thought it was good enough to have my 50th birthday party dinner here along with 18 family members! It was great!!

Fangorn
08-12-2009, 11:17 PM
It's a great place for carnivores. Not so great for the herbivores though, although they won't starve.

If you time your dinner to coincide with Wishes, it adds even more to the experience. They dim the lights in the restaurant, pipe in the music and the wait staff goes into quiet mode while the fireworks are going.

Steve

ransam
08-13-2009, 02:33 AM
yes yes yes yes

Ricbr
08-13-2009, 07:31 AM
We went there for our last trip ( 2 summers ago ). We had a party of 10 and it was everyones favorite. We celebrated my parents anniversary there and had a great time.

Great atmosphere
Incredible views from where we were sitting
Awesome food

My mom is usually a pretty picky eater and she loved it!

brownie
08-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Yes! We loved it and have added it to our try to eat every trip list.

goofysbabe
08-13-2009, 11:03 AM
papple:We NEVER miss it!!! LOVE, LOVE this place:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::joy::joy::tikki::B ut as others have stated go hungry!

5 Mousekteers
08-13-2009, 01:06 PM
We really loved dinner at Ohana's on our last trip. We were looking forward to having dinner there again this time but couldn't get a ressie. This is a place that we would like to eat at every trip. We will try walking up one night to see if they can squeeze us in....keep your fingers crossed.

Disney Doll
08-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Ohana's is a must do for us on every trip. Good food, fun atmosphere, and a bonus if you get to experience Wishes while there.

Mackflava99
08-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Ohana's it totally worth it- this year was our first, we were worried our picky eater wouldnt like it but she loved it-

i highly recommend it.

MNNHFLTX
08-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm afraid I'm in the minority here, as I am not a huge fan of Ohana. It's just too much meat for my liking and the two times I've eaten there it seemed like obscene amounts were wasted when they were brought to people's tables and not eaten. I'm not a vegetarian, but it still struck me wrong.

The quality of the food itself is good to very good (especially the side dishes) and it is a nice place to watch Wishes from. And it is a decent value for the money. I just wish they wouldn't keep bringing the meat selections out in such huge portions only to be wasted.

Mousemates
08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
nice to hear the good reports since we're going for the first time in a very long time this winter...even the bad news (lots of meat) sounds good to me, since my doctor encouraged me to go to high protein/low carb diet.

Christine
08-15-2009, 01:07 AM
I'm afraid I'm in the minority here, as I am not a huge fan of Ohana. It's just too much meat for my liking and the two times I've eaten there it seemed like obscene amounts were wasted when they were brought to people's tables and not eaten. I'm not a vegetarian, but it still struck me wrong.

The quality of the food itself is good to very good (especially the side dishes) and it is a nice place to watch Wishes from. And it is a decent value for the money. I just wish they wouldn't keep bringing the meat selections out in such huge portions only to be wasted.

Hey Beth, we went to 'Ohana tonite & we pretty much had to ask for meat to be brought out. It wasn't like I remembered in the past where it just kept coming (I'm with you- seemed wasteful), the waiter would come ask "what meat can I bring you?"

Then he would give us 1-2pcs. We could ask for more if necessary but there was no waste.

By far, best meal and value on property. I could drink the peanut sauce by the jars!!!

ElenitaB
08-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey Beth, we went to 'Ohana tonite & we pretty much had to ask for meat to be brought out. It wasn't like I remembered in the past where it just kept coming (I'm with you- seemed wasteful), the waiter would come ask "what meat can I bring you?"

Then he would give us 1-2pcs. We could ask for more if necessary but there was no waste.

That was pretty much our experience in December as well... in my case the only meat that went to waste were the pieces that had too much gristle to be edible. Otherwise, everything at our table was devoured (nothing like two teen boys to make things disappear).

After giving 'Ohana a long break from our rotation, we did finally go back in December and it's now back on our "must-do each trip" list. (Might have to do with the really good salad and veggies on my part, and the quality of the whole meal for the man-child.) So yes, OP, 'Ohana is totally worth it!

MNNHFLTX
08-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Glad to hear that they seem to be rationing out the meat in a more reasonable manner. That definitely makes going back there someday sound more appealing. :thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
08-17-2009, 10:44 PM
As a meat & potatos kind of girl, I really like O'Hana's. Family style assures you of getting plenty of steak, pork and shrimp, and all the sides you want. DH only gives it an OK rating. If you get a window seat, you can see MK while you're dining. They have some fun activites for the kids (including the big ones), and the pineapple / carmel dessert is wonderful!:thumbsup:

poohbearkris
08-18-2009, 10:49 AM
It is a must for all of our trips. DH loves all of the meat - it is cooked with oak and gives it a unique flavor. I love the wings and I am not a wing person and the dessert is to die for. They used to serve au gratin potatoes which were phenomenal also, but they have changed it to a rice dish I believe. You won't be sorry.