PDA

View Full Version : Hell's Kitchen

Tinkerbella
08-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Anybody else following this season? It has been great so far!

The only people that are getting on my nerves right now are Suzanne and Robert...Blah! She is so condenscending, conniving and just mean! I think Robert has anger management issues too...Hmmm

SBETigg
08-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Yes, Robert seems to be having issues. I like Ariel, Sabrina, Kevin (though he's a tad alpha), and Jim, and a few more. I really dislike a few. I have agreed with all the ones sent packing so far. I couldn't believe the women couldn't get it together last night at all.

Tinkerbella
08-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I feel the men sabotaged the women a littel bit last night by not really disclosing the recipes. I like Ariel and Amanda too. I'm glad they got rid of Tek as I feel she was dead weight for the women's team.

I'm really glad they brought Heather back as the Sous Chef for the women's team too. She was always one of my favorites

JenniferS.
08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
I LOVE Hell's Kitchen!!! I agree about Suzanne. She thinks she's the only one who knows what to do. It's been an interesting season so far.

JanetMegan
08-13-2009, 08:38 AM
I have been watching as usual but so far it's been a little blah for me...

rjmdds
08-13-2009, 08:42 AM
My wife and I love this show too. We haven't warmed up to anyone yet. We like Rob mostly because we know him from last season and he seems like a fun guy. My only gripe this season is that they seem to have enlisted a lot of candidates that are not chef's per se. Experience as a chef seems to be lacking. Some barely know their way around a kitchen.

IamBelle
08-13-2009, 10:28 AM
I love this show too! I really don't know if any of them could be an executive chef, but my favorites are Tenille and Robert, they are both really funny.

NotaGeek
08-13-2009, 01:43 PM
You know, I love Gordon Ramsey. I have eaten at his restaurant in NYC and its amazing ... but his whole schtick on Hells Kitchen is tired -- but one of my bf's is a chef in Phoenix and he said that 2 of the kitchens he worked at after graduating form Le Cordon Bleu were exactly like that, the Chefs screamed and cussed all the time so he said honestly it's not that far from true ... especially when staff have no idea what they are doing.

I have no love for any of these people ... I think they all get so flustered when the yelling starts everyone shuts down. I honestly prefer Top Chef -- although all the winners of these shows kind of fall into obscurity, what restaurant would take these people as their Executive Chefs -- that title has HUGE responsibility especially in a resort setting.

mouseneer
08-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Big fan of the show.....not just because of Ramsey's attitude, but because of who he spotlights with some of these dinner services; police, firemen, military, etc.

mainemajor
08-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Tec just could not cook a steak to save her life. As always it takes a while for me to develop a favorite. It's easier to pick ones I don't like. On board completly with who has been sent packing so far.

Tinkerbella
08-19-2009, 02:46 AM
Was anyone else cracking up when the men were driving that ridiculous bicycle?! I was rolling around for a good minute :haha:

tinkerbelle75
08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
We have watched every season and love the show. I really like Robert but it looks like his health just won't let him finish a season. I don't really have a clear favorite yet, but I sure am glad Chef Ramsay got rid of Lovely- I absolutely couldn't stand her!

SBETigg
08-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes, the bicycle was weird! I saw it as impending disaster for Robert, though. I think he'll be okay with some care. Looks like he's back next week? I was really surprised that Jim got the cut.

Jim? Really? He seems a lot more together than many of the others. But I didn't want to lose Sabrina yet either. I guess Chef Ramsey could tell that Jim doesn't quite have the fight that some of the others have, and you have to be tough to be the boss, I suppose.

Stich8818
08-21-2009, 01:54 PM
You can almost tell already who one of Ramseys favorites is.. That is Kevin. He seems to be the only one that really gets it..but then maybe that is just me.

SBETigg
08-21-2009, 02:24 PM
You can almost tell already who one of Ramseys favorites is.. That is Kevin. He seems to be the only one that really gets it..but then maybe that is just me.

Kevin's not afraid to take charge, even if he steps on toes. This is probably a good thing if he's going to be the boss, but I've had mixed feelings on Kevin. I like him. He seems competent. But he might be a little too sure of himself. We'll see.

threeh
09-18-2009, 10:13 AM
I like Kevin as well, but I think also Dave is doing well. I just wish he take of that hat. This season is very good, last season all the chefs drove me crazy.:thedolls:

KarenP
10-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Hooray for Dave! I can't believe he won. I was so sure it was going to be Kevin.

SBETigg
10-14-2009, 02:11 PM
I was really torn! I felt they had the best final three they could have had, but I was relieved when Ariel went because I was consistently torn between Kevin and Dave, especially in the last few weeks. I would have been happy with either outcome, but I was pretty excited that it was Dave. And all that with a broken arm! Outstanding!

thrillme
10-14-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm glad Dave got it. I would have been happy with either of them. But Dave sure did work his way through with some very intense pain and determination. How could that not be rewarded.

He also continuously preformed exceptionally well throughout the season with only one hand compared to everyone else. He truly deserved it.

NotaGeek
10-16-2009, 10:56 AM
It would have been great to see Dave perform with 100% working limbs ... I was glad he won for sure, but I would have been equally happy with Kevin.

threeh
10-16-2009, 12:22 PM
I was really pleased with the final 2, but was rooting for Kevin. Good season!!!:thumbsup:

Alligirl
10-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Over the weekend I got to hang out for a little while with Robert and he is in much improved health!
My brother invited Robert to an event where he was a celebrity judge, and in talking with him he said how he has lost weight and is feeling much better!
He's seems to be a really nice guy with a complicated background. My DD is a college film student and asked him if she could do a documentary on him and he is happy to help!

Also at the event was Michael from Next food network star, he was lots of fun! He spent time talking with my other DD who wants to attend culinary school!
A great weekend, with a couple of great guys! :thumbsup:

PS I was glad that Dave won over Kevin.

SBETigg
10-30-2009, 07:37 AM
How fun, Allison! I'm glad they were nice guys, and that Robert is doing better. Thanks for sharing!