PDA

View Full Version : Our First Solo Family Trip Pre-trip Report

eeyore27
08-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Cast of Characters:

Me: 33 yr old Disney Addict and planner
DH: 33 yr old Disney Addict, one of the reasons we are together
DS: 4 yr old Disney nut in training

This is the first time I have done any reports of our vacations. I am going to try this time because I really enjoy reading how others spend their days in WDW. It’s a great way to keep the magic alive.

This will be our son’s fourth trip. :mickey: He is turning into a Disney lover just like his parents. This is the first trip that it will just be the three of us. We normally go with friends or family but felt we needed a family trip just for us this time.

So let’s see, we will be flying :plane: in September 19th on Southwest and arriving in Orlando at about 11:30am and taking ME to POFQ. This is our second stay at POFQ and I think we have found our resort of choice. It is the smallest resort and the CMs are extremely helpful. We plan on doing the online check-in so I am hoping check-in will be fast and maybe our room will be ready. Will settle into our room if it is ready and if not we will go straight to Epcot. My son loves this park because of the giant “golf ball”. We have a 4:15pm ADR for the Garden Grill. Have never eaten here before but have heard good things and DS LOVES :dale::chip:

Our plans for the week are to relax and have fun :joy:. Since we go almost every year we are not going to push ourselves to do everything. We are going to take a slower pace and do the things we really want.

Saturday Sept 19th
Arrival Day
Doing Epcot ADR at Garden Grill

Sunday Sept 20th
Studios in the morning ADR at Sci-Fi for lunch
Magic Kingdom in the evening for EMH

Monday Sept 21st
Epcot in the morning ADR at Le Cellier
for lunch, really wanted dinner but couldn’t get anything
Studios in the evening for EMH

Tuesday Sept 22nd
Animal Kingdom in the morning with ADR at Donalds’s Safari Breakfast before the park opens
Dinner at Chef Mickey’s before our First :mpumpkin:MNSSHP at the Magic Kingdom

Wednesday Sept 23rd
Shopping at DTD in the morning
Epcot in the evening for EMH ADR at Coral Reef

Thursday Sept 24th
:golf:Put-Put golf in the morning
Magic Kingdom in the evening

Friday Sept 25th
Magic Kingdom in the morning with ADR at Crystal Palace
Studios in the evening for Fantasmic

Saturday Sept 26th
Departure Day, :( hang around the resort and swim or catch a few rides in the morning and wait for ME to pick us up at around 1:30pm

T-Belle
08-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Sounds like your going to have a wonderful time. Be sure to let us read all about it.

faline
08-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Have a great time, Jennifer! Can't wait to hear how it all goes for you!

yjgirl32
08-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Sounds wonderful. We too are getting to go to a MNSSHP. We have alot of the same reservations too. Have a great trip.

DizNee143
08-13-2009, 09:03 AM
sounds like its going to be a wonderful family vacation!! ill be there around the same time..we get there on the 22nd!! :mickey: