View Full Version : JPL's June 19th-26th Trip Day 4 Part 1

JPL
08-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Cast of Characters
Me
Mary: My Cousin
TJ & JP: 4 year old Twin Boys

June 22nd Part 1

We got up early for our breakfast at the Studios with the Playhouse Disney Characters at Hollywood & Vine. This was my first time doing this breakfast since I have little to know interest in these characters. The food was very good but still not great just a little above average but much better than Chef Mickey's. We waited for our turns with the various characters 2 of the Little Einstiens along with JoJo and Golaith. The Characters interaction was ok nothing great and it took along time for them to make it around the restaurant. The kids enjoyed it which is what was important but I wouldn't recomend it unless your kids are really into the 4 characters.After breakfast we went and grabbed FP's for Toy Story Mania and then went off into the park. The boys wanted to meet Buzz and Woody so we got into a very long line at the meet n greet near TSM. After waiting close to an hour we finally had our turn to meet Buzz and Woody. After spending some time with Buzz & Woody we exited to find a Green Army Man. This should have been clue as to what the theme for the day was becoming. After a few more pictures we headed towards the Backlot tour but JP refused to rideeven after we wandered further along and showed him it was just a Tram ride. We headed for the Honey I shrunk the Kids Playground and spent about 45 minutes watching them run around while I talked to a very nice and knowledgeable CM. He informed that Luxo Jr was making his debut today. After leaving the Playground we ran into the Power Rangers and waited for pictures and autographs with them. After that we went over to see Lightning and Toe Mater. We arrived there just in time the kids had plenty time to spend with them since there was no line at all. But soon after we arrived a showing of Muppets let out and the line grew quite quickly. The boys wanted to look in the Muppets store and buy something so we spent some time looking around in there and in the store near the Backlot Tour. After they made their selections JP said he was tired and my cousin took the boys back for a nap. Which was fine with me since I had lunch plans with friends at Beaches N Cream. After they left I spent sometime walking around and caught a showing of the New Luxo Jr in Pixar Place. The show was really cool and I even took a few minutes to speak with one of the Imagineers who was working on the show and tell him what a nice addition it was to the park. After that I just walked around the studios and caught Muppetvision before heading over to the Beach Club. I made my way to the front of the park and stopped to grab a drink before heading for the boat. The wait for the boat was a little longer than I expected but still made it in plenty of time to meet everyone for lunch. I met up with Mary and Monica and we waited for Jeanne and company to join us for lunch. We had a great time talking at lunch with good food and good friends. We finished off lunch with some Ice Cream and headed our seperate ways. I called my cousin figuring she would be on her way back to the Studios at this time but instead we changed our plans and headed back to the Magic Kingdom.

Next Up Magic Kingdom More Characters, Spectro and Wishes.

BluewaterBrad
08-12-2009, 06:28 PM
:thumbsup::mickey:

faline
08-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Traveling with little ones is a very different kind of trip!

JPL
08-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Definately a different experience but still fun and I was able to experience attractions I haven't been on in years :thumbsup:

Kathy Jetson
08-15-2009, 02:19 AM
Waiting to hear more! Pics?

JPL
08-15-2009, 02:24 AM
I am working on the pictures hopefully I'll get some more up tomorrow if I have time :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: