PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations Dinner

jwildflower1981
08-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm putting a trip together for my family, my DH friends family and my mom and her DH for a week. Of course, everyone has different requests for dinner. My 1st question is for my mom. She wants to eat dinner and watch Illuminations together. Where can she do that? I would like to eat at O'hanna, if I do, either before or after dinner can I see Wishes from there? On the beach? I've never been to the Polly so I'm not to sure about that.

SBETigg
08-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Rose and Crown or Tokyo Dining are the best bets for Illuminations viewing at dinner. Your view at Tokyo Dining might not work out. Rose & Crown won't guarantee a patio seating, but it's nice if you can get it. If not, they do have a viewing area that you can leave your table and go to for watching Illuminations. Other options are to grab counter service and try to get seating (early! they fill tables early, around or before 7 pm) at the Beer Garden outside Rose & Crown or at the Cantina de San Angel.

For Wishes, yes, you can see it from 'Ohana from certain tables, but if you want a guaranteed good view, better to eat early and make your way to the beach, where you can also catch the Electrical Water Pageant (fun!).

DVC2004
08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Rose and Crown is awesome to view Illuminations. If you can't get a seat outdoors, you will be able to go to the private patio viewing area once they begin. You can watch Wishes from the Poly- at Ohana they will lower the lights and pipe in the music. Make ressies for at least 45 minutes prior in both situations. Also yes, you can watch Wishes from the Poly beach. It's pretty cool! Grab a hammock.