DD#3 Emily (6)
DD#4 Hallie (4 Months)
DF Rose
DFDD Theresa (19)

Trip Dates:

August 1st through August 10th, 2009

Transportation:

Southwest Air From Philadelphia for Myself, Matt, Theresa, Emily, and Hallie

Road Trip for Ron, Rose, Courtney and Ashleigh. Courtney's trip will only be one way as she is returning to college while we are there.

Resort:

Pop Century
70's Section
Building 6
Rooms 6258 and 6259

It is Saturday August 1st and both travelling combinations are about to embark on our long awaited and much needed family vacation. As you can gather from above, some of us are flying and some driving, mainly due to the fact that we must also transport all of Courtney's worldly possesions back to her campus at Florida Institute of Technology.

Our car is packed to the brim and ready to go. Those travelling in it will be leaving at about 2 PM or so. For those of us flying, I am driving Rose's car to Philadelphia and parking it with Winner Airport parking. We have used this service before and had a good experience. I have an Internet coupon, so the cost would be $4 per day less. However, this company does not use shuttles, the deliver you to the airport in your own vehicle, for an extra $10.99, you can leave right from the airport upon your return without going back to the lot. we opt for that.

Our flight is sceduled for 3:05 PM, so we need to be on the road by 10:30 AM for the 2 hour drive, plus the 20 minutes they ask you to be at the parking lot, before you want to be at the airport. We are only a few minutes late in leaving. The drive to Philly starts out pretty uneventful, but with about 1/2 hour left of the drive, Hallie begins to get antsy in her car seat and is voicing her displeasure strongly. Couple that with the traffic that we encounter as we approach Philly makes for some nerve wracking moments. Finally, we arrive at the airport about 1PM. As soon, as I remove Hallie from her car seat all is well once again. We check our bags curbside with little wait and proceed to security which goes fairly smoothly and a lot better than I expected with a small baby and everything that goes along with that. We then find our gte and grab some sub par lunch at Burger King. It is not too much longer until we can begin boarding our flight. I have to say here, I do not care for the new way that Southwest boards their flights.I really didn't mind just the A, B, and C groups, but with assigning these numbers makes for a lot of trouble and confusion. Many people were ready to revolt. Also, family pre-boarding used to come before any of the groups boarded. Now it comes between the A and B groups, unless you have an A pass. We had an A pass so we boarded according to that. However, it Was still not an easy process. The first available seats together were 1/2 way back and I found it very difficult holding the baby and trying not hit others with the large diaper bag as I made my way down the aisle.

At least our flight was on time, and very uneventful. Hallie slept almost the entire flight. We made our way quickly to the Magical Express counter and were boarding our bus within a few minutes. Shortly thereafter, we were on our way. of course Emily made friends with the little boy in the seat in front of her. It still amazes me how she can find a friend anywhere and carry on quite the conversation! we arrived at Pop Century in no time and there was not much of a wait to check in, but the process took what seemed like forever. I had 3 separate reservations. A room only for the 1st night as well as the last night and then 2 rooms in the middle on the buy 4 get 3 free package. All of the reservations were supposed to be linked together so we would not have to switch rooms. Unfortunately, the last night's reservation was not linked and the room they had us in the 50's section was not available for the last night, so the CM tried to find us a room from which we would not have to move. No sooner did he find this after lots of searching, than did he forget where he found it and had to start again! Finally, it was all squared away and we made our way to our room facing Hourglass Lake. We were not there very long before deciding to head to Marketplace to grab some dinner at Earl of Sandwich. The line was huge, but moved very quickly. Matt had the Earl's club, I had the tunamelt, Emily had kids grilled cheese, and Theresa had a chinese chicken salad, all were tasty as usual. We then proceeded to the World of Disney where we bought Emily the 1st of her 3 planned surprises, an Aurora dress and getting 10% off with the Disney Visa. Time to head back and await the others arrival early the next morning.

faline
08-12-2009, 02:12 PM
What fun! Heather reports! I always enjoy reading about your visits!

Glad you are all settled in and ready to start another Disney adventure!

BluewaterBrad
08-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Have a great vacation! I am looking forward to your reports!:mickey:

DizNee143
08-12-2009, 02:26 PM
yay!..i always enjoy your trip reports..
seems so far things are going good!! a pretty much smooth arrival day..
cant wait to read more!! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Sounds like a great start to your trip! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-12-2009, 03:42 PM
A great start to your much needed vacation. Can't wait to hear about the rest of Emily's planned surprised.:mickey:

Mackflava99
08-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Excellent report- terrific start

T-Belle
08-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Mmmmmmm...Chinese Chicken Salad!!! Alway's enjoy your reports!!

yjgirl32
08-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Very nice report. Thanks for sharing.

DisneyorBust
08-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Enjoying your reports as always!
Glad to read that the trek to the "World" wasn't too difficult, looking forward to your next day.

BelleCiavo
08-15-2009, 10:13 AM
We use Winner too, love it. Looking forward to reading more. :mickey:

vizsla
08-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the report.

January-2007
08-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

SBETigg
08-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Sounds great to be there, good start.

princessgirls
08-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Off to a good start Heather! Hallie's first Disney adventure! I hope your trip is a magical time filled with making great memories with all of your children.

I always enjoy your reports!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 03:13 AM
Thanks for sharing with us. I have three daughters (can't imagine 4 ;) It usually takes us hours to get ready in the morning, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.......wait a minute.......no nothing!:thumbsup:

KylesMom
09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I always look forward to reading your trip reports, but this is gonna be a whole new experience with Hallie on board! Can't wait to read more! :mickey: