PDA

View Full Version : Wait for walk up on DDP?

Volksjager
08-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I know some places will be busier than others, but for the main table service places in the parks can you just walk up and wait for a table? How long do you think the average wait time will be for a later dinner?

(going down with brother-in-law, no ressies)

Christine
08-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Ooo. That might be tricky. Unfortunately these days walk ups are not having much luck getting in anywhere. Matter of fact, we have been downright turned away - couldn't even CHOOSE to wait & see if we could get in.

I'd highly recommend you get on the phone to 407-wdw-dine and see what you can still get.
Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful trip!! :mickey:

JPL
08-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Especially with the DDP it makes no sense to wait and even attempt to walk up. Have often seen signs stating no walk ups and heard stories of guests being just short of laughed at trying. However if you want to try for lunch or walk up right at 5 PM when dinner starts your odds will be much better.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't try...I would call and try and get ADR's. If you really don't want ADR's, you'll have better luch at lunch than dinner.

I've seen far too many people simply turned away, being told that they were 100% booked.

In the best case, I've seen people waiting 60minutes and over for a table.

DisneyFr33k
08-12-2009, 12:57 PM
:ditto: I would not risk not getting a table service. Especially since you have the DDP. Call and get some ADR's ASAP! When are you going?

SurferStitch
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
On quite a few occasions I've seen signs when you enter MK stating that all TS locations in the park are full, meaning no walk-ups.

I've also seen individual signs outside of Epcot WS restaurants stating they are full for the day (or even week). This is during "slower" times like early December.

I would also highly recommend trying to get some ADR's now. Most popular places will be booked solid, but you may be able to get in the less popular places.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

#1donaldfan
08-12-2009, 01:27 PM
.....one example I heard myself is.....

.....we had ressies at Capt. Jacks, and was preparing to be seated at 6 pm, and a couple walked up asking how long the wait would be and the CM told them, maybe, maybe we could sqeeze you in around 10ish...... 4 hr wait.....NEVER, no place is that good....NONE !!:cool:

PittFan
08-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I have been waiting to be seated for my ADR when people have walked in without an ADR and were told that they should start considering counter service restaurants to eat at because TS was completely booked for the entire park. If you are going to end up eating CS meals anyway by trying the walk up method, I would suggest you make an ADR and use 2 TS credits on a Signature Dining Restaurant. :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
08-12-2009, 04:15 PM
We make three total ADR's for our seven day stay, and two of them are in one of the resorts. No dinner is worth all that trouble. We eat when we're hungry, and where we're at.:thumbsup:

ransam
08-14-2009, 12:08 AM
you can also book your ADR's on line.

Volksjager
08-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks all.

I still hope to play it fast and loose but I went ahead and made some on-line ressies yesterday. We leave tomorrow but had little difficulty finding times that worked for us. Was able to book Raglan, Hollywood & Vine, Rose and Crown, etc

Good to have a fall back position in any case

Cheers!

MNNHFLTX
08-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Glad you were able to make a few ADR's--better safe than sorry!

I also wanted to mention that although some restaurants that are not open for lunch (usually the buffet ones, like Boma or Chef Mickey's) may be able to squeeze in walk-up's at 5 p.m. when they open, most of the other restaurants will not have any openings at 5 p.m. In fact, I would say that the best chance at getting in would be between 2:30--4:00 p.m., between lunch and dinner hours.