PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks to go!!!

Imagineer1981
08-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Ok, 2 weeks from today, Aug 26th I will be at POP starting off an 8 day trip!!!! Can't wait!!! Any last minute things I should know about? How have the crowds/weather been?

Darin M
08-12-2009, 11:10 AM
No WDW this year for me, unfortunately. However, I have been vacationing at WDW vicariously through other's stories.

There is always next year for me.

Write about the time you had. I'll read it!

KAT1811
08-12-2009, 11:51 AM
No WDW this year for me, unfortunately. However, I have been vacationing at WDW vicariously through other's stories.

You could always plan a ficticious trip! Plan out where you would go and where you would eat. You could even go so far as to figure out what you would order if you were really there!! LOL!! May help with the withdrawal may make it worse!

To the OP. . . .

Have a great trip!!! :party:

Stay cool would probably be first in line of importance if I were you! REALLY hot!!! :fan:

Imagineer1981
08-12-2009, 12:02 PM
To the OP. . . .

Have a great trip!!! :party:

Stay cool would probably be first in line of importance if I were you! REALLY hot!!! :fan:

Thats the part I am worried about, my DW and I will have an 18month old DS with us

Strmchsr
08-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Thats the part I am worried about, my DW and I will have an 18month old DS with us

Definitely be careful with the heat. Go in the morning and evening and stay out of the mid-afternoon heat. I don't see any seriously bad heat, just normal stuff for this time of the year, but even that can be a little overwhelming for a little one. I think if you do mornings and evenings and keep your child out of the heat from about noon to 5 (or at least until after the afternoon thunderstorms have cooled things off a little) everything should be fine.

KAT1811
08-12-2009, 12:31 PM

Okay here I go with my "mother of 4" advice!!! Bring stroller fans!!! :fan: They are a HUGE help with the Florida heat!!! They clip right onto the stroller and keep the air blowing, cooling your little one off.

Also keep your little one hydrated. Lots and lots of water. A fun way is to let him or her make a huge mess with an Itsakadoozie (sp?) it's a popsicle kids love (or at least my kids do).

KAJUNKING
08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Have a great trip! we will be going sept 3rd and the time cant pass fast enough :mickey:

bruin1344
08-12-2009, 01:02 PM
prepare for potential thunderstorms everyday

Imagineer1981
08-12-2009, 02:56 PM
ya, we lived in Sarasota/Orlando for 5 years so we know what we are getting into as far as heat, we just never had the little guy with us before. Anyways we can't wait...so close!!!!