PDA

View Full Version : Nothing, Nothing, Nothing!

AuntKari
08-12-2009, 06:36 AM
Aunt Kari’s at Disney—Nothing, Nothing, Nothing! Day 7
Nice to hear back from all of you on my reports.

I can’t believe we could have such a perfect day. My “Reality” scare was just a scare. Even with 4 kids, things went EXACTLY according to plan for our first day at a Disney World Theme Park!

Hi Everybody-Here goes Day 7 (2nd day with the family and the 1st day at a park) of Aunt Kari’s Trip-Magic Kingdom here we come!

Notes:
1. As I spoke of in a report earlier, being at Disney World alone is terrific. But I must admit the fun Aunt Kari had with all the kids together on their first “BIG” ride (Splash Mountain) was a total kick!!!
2. We had no trouble with the TTC and catching the monorail easily in both directions.
3. I am keeping up with downloading photos, trip reports, and the items we need each day.
4. Using Photopass and all is well.
5. 3 days and no rain-very strange.

What did Aunt Kari do today: Was easily up at 4:00 AM. Had a very productive planning morning. Tinkerbelle visited outside each of the kid’s rooms again last night and left them each a gift. Very exciting!!! We were at Magic Kingdom for rope drop and I was so excited for the kids. One year in the planning and it was all about to begin. Enjoyed the opening ceremony. We headed straight for Fantasyland and I was able to get them right onto Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, Mickey’s Philharmagic, and Small World within 1 hour. I wanted to be at Toontown rope drop but since it was 10:05 I decided we would do that at the next Toontown rope drop so we visited Ariel in her grotto. It was then perfect timing to get a place right in the Castle Forefront for “Dream Along with Mickey” and then the “Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street Party.” Aunt Kari got the family settled there and ran off to get Fast Passes for Splash Mountain. I got back just in time for the street party to begin. That was FABULOUS! We all loved this-especially Aunt Kari-she loves to shake her booty…hee-hee… We could not believe how well things were going! We ate at Pecos Bill and then we went to ride Splash Mountain. This was fun for all and Aunt Kari had a Magical Moment here-see below. As soon as we were off of that I got Fast Passes for Big Thunder Mountain. We had just enough time to see Country Bear Jamboree and the Tiki Room. We rode and loved Big Thunder but preferred Splash Mountain. After Big Thunder we watched the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade and headed towards Guest Services because Aunt Kari needed to have them check 3 of the tickets that were not quite right and Daddy had found a wallet with $35.00 in it and no identification so we wanted to hand it in. We both received and shared the Magic at this time (see below). We were about to leave when the MK Philharmonic came out. Daddy really wanted to see this and Aunt Kari was happy so we watched their entire performance. It was fantastic! Both Baby Carly and Cole participated in the finale. We left Magic Kingdom about 4:00 PM. We went back to the house to re-group. We left for Boardwalk at 6:00 PM and reported for our Illuminations Specialty (Fireworks) Cruise at 7:30 PM (but they were not ready until just after 8:00). The boat was decorated ‘Happy Anniversary” for Daddy and Mama. We had a lovely cruise and watched Illuminations. I must admit, I was disappointed in Illuminations but it was a great night for all. I was very pleased that Daddy really felt the “specialty” of it and Mama felt so “peaceful”, as she put it. What a wonderful way to end the day!!! Can we top that?

Hotel: Rental Home off property. Very pleased.

Drink: Nothing to report

Food: Okay everybody, it was Aunt Kari’s first “Shared Surprise” I got the family their first Mickey Bars. Hi Crazy Karen, the wrapper on the Mickey Bar was not askew and the family LOVED them! Pecos Bill was good.

Shopping: Baby Carly is being very careful with her money. I am very impressed! Shy and Cody hardly spend at all. But wee 5 year old Cole is nearly out of his money-he wants it all!!! Aunt Kari has been all done shopping now.

Aunt Kari’s Magical Moments: I love the Disney theme parks parking. Disney has it down to a fine system. We NEVER waited for anything-NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING!!!! Cole’s face grinning ear to ear and screaming to me “that was awesome” just as he and I walked off Splash Mountain. The other twin (Mindi) warned me of that little grinning face of his. Too cute! Spreading the Magic was great. MK’s Philharmonic. Baby Carly in her own imaginative world waving at the Epcot crowds as we “sailed” past them in our boat. She was playing princess and it was priceless! Cody coming to me at the end of the day to hug me and thank me again. He is such a sweet boy!

Spreading the Magic: We handed out a few of our Thank you/Praise certificates that Aunt Kari made to Cast Members today. We had a Cast Member at Guest Services give us a voucher for 7 free Mickey Bars for turning the wallet in. We were able to give Fast Passes to people as we left. Great fun!

Evaluations: With the cutbacks and many comments over the past several months I believe I had prepared myself for some very disappointing moments at Disney World. This has not happened at all. This place is very, very special and Disney does a wonderful job! Family loved Splash Mountain. Family loved walking right onto everything. Least favorite for family was Country Bear Jamboree. Cody loved Peter Pan. Cole does want Dumbo so that will be next time. He also knows the characters are not real. I told him they are real to Aunt Kari…Did I mention I loved the street party-ha!

What did Disney get wrong today: They asked us to report for the specialty cruise at 7:30 PM and they really were not ready for us until after 8:00. As you all know, 30 minutes is valuable time at Disney. I understand many may be late so they have had to do this. Only 1 grumpy Cast Member today. Everyone has been wonderful.

What did Aunt Kari get wrong today: NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING It all really worked. I can’t believe it!!! Hats off to my sister and her husband for rearing respectful, joyful, and thankful Christian kids!!!!

We can’t stop now!!!! Tomorrow it is Animal Kingdom and a night at Disney Hollywood Studios.

cjdami
08-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Sounds like you are all having a wonderful time!
What a great trip report as you go! Thanks for all the info, I feel like I'm there!!!
:thumbsup::mickey:

T-Belle
08-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Sounds like you had a fun and busy 1st day with family! Have you thought about the life-long wonderful memories your making for them? Your a great aunt!

yjgirl32
08-12-2009, 08:46 AM
WOW- what a wonderful day. SOunds like the kids got to have a great day. I too will be taking the firorks cruise for my anniversary to see Illumanations. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing.

nicster
08-12-2009, 09:44 AM
WOW! I am in awe of how much you were able to do in a relatively short period of time & with the full 'cast' in tow!!! DH & I are to arrive in 40 days, as I read your posts I can picture ourselves in your place... having a blast:mickey: I was glad to read what you said about your sis & her DH "rearing respectful, joyful, Christian children". We should all acknowledge that doesn't happen by accident, it is a lot of hard (rewarding) work. :high5:

WDWCrazyKaren
08-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm so glad your Mickey bar was perfect!

I'm really enjoying your reports. You're a braver woman than I, taking on all these challenges. What a trooper!

I wish you had been my aunt!

Can't wait to hear more!

Mindi Sanders
08-12-2009, 12:34 PM
So glad to hear that all is going as you planned and that all of your hard work and effort over the last year has paid off!
Sounds like you will have great memories to take away with you from your trip!
I hope that it all continues to go smoothly!
Have fun!

DizNee143
08-12-2009, 12:36 PM
what a wonderful day with the whole gang!! :mickey:

faline
08-12-2009, 01:36 PM
It's very clear that all of your planning has paid off for you! What a fabulous day!

BluewaterBrad
08-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Great day!! Do you miss not staying on-site? (just wondering) I can tell you really worked hard with your planning. I am sure your family is having a ball. Can't wait to hear more Kari!!:mickey:

BPATSMouse
08-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Cole’s face grinning ear to ear and screaming to me “that was awesome” just as he and I walked off Splash Mountain.

Makes it all worth it when they show that kind of excitement. :joy:

What did Aunt Kari do today: Was easily up at 4:00 AM.

I am impressed with your ability to function with such little sleep.:thumbsup:

What did Aunt Kari get wrong today: NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING It all really worked. I can’t believe it!!! Hats off to my sister and her husband for rearing respectful, joyful, and thankful Christian kids!!!!

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME :mjump::goofy::donald::dumbo::dale::chip:

hoop de do
08-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Another great report. Keep em' comin' - Keep em' comin' - Keep em' comin'. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-13-2009, 12:23 PM
All that with no wait, that's great.:number1:

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: