PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Disney Resort

BIGDOG
08-11-2009, 04:39 PM
What if you could take bits and pieces from each resort you have stayed such as pool, bar, food court, resturaunt, location, gift shop, and so on. Take your favorite parts and put them together and make the perfect Disney resort what would you use and from which resorts?

SFTrny
08-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Wow.....great question! I am a FW fan...so I would want to make sure that the resort had full kitchens in each room, lots of privacy (like the cabins), and golf carts! I would add washer and dryer in the room and room service, which you don't get at FW. I'd also add a large common reception area. The newer resorts (GF, WL, AKL, GF) have these GREAT reception / common areas. Oh...keep the beach with boat service to the MK.

disney1122
08-11-2009, 08:17 PM
The perfect resort would be...

-The Beach Club's pool

-The Contemporary's location & view (on the monorail)

-Having all the rooms be the square footage size of OKW

-Have the restaurants of the Polynesian (I'm a big fan of 'Ohana and Kona Cafe!)

-Shops of the Grand Floridian Resort & of course the spa!

sisterslovindisney
08-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I'd run the monorail to all the resorts! That's one of the big reasons we love the Poly.:cloud9:

BIGDOG
08-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I think I would start with the POLY for location, transportation ,and view, then add the BEACH CLUB free form pool and pirate ship slide I would add the quiet pools as the CBR . I would then add the convience and quiet surroundings of the POR French quarter. I would still like to keep the Hawaii theme of the poly though. I would make all rooms 1 or 2 bedroom suits with queen size beds, with whirlpool bath and washer/dryer of all the villas. I would add a character buffet like chef mickey’s for the kids and a great sit down like rest like albert’s or maybe the brown derby. I would also make sure all rentals such as boats, bikes, are there as well. I would add a boat to downtown Disney like the POR and keep bus transport also. Last I would add the price of the VALUE RESORTS…I AM NOT SURE MY IDEA WILL FLY

SFTrny
08-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Last I would add the price of the VALUE RESORTS…I AM NOT SURE MY IDEA WILL FLY

Not my thread, but no discussion of price should be allowed! We all get to stay free for 2 weeks since we are designing it!

Boost
08-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Perfect Resort:

On a monorail line

With the Coronado's Pool and Jaguar Slide and the Pepper Market!

Boat rentals

Moderately priced for this economy

Character restaurant as well as other "quick lane" food options

garymacd
08-11-2009, 09:42 PM
There better be beignets!

disneymom2000
08-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Gosh awesome post - it's so nice to see a new type of question asked.

I would have the Beach Club's pool, the Animal Kingdom Lodge's view of the savannah, the Boardwalk's boardwalk, a monorail running through it, a character breakfast buffet like Chef Mickey's and a great steakhouse like the Yacht Club Galley for dinner. I would also like the ambiance of the Polynesian sitting on an open lake for personal watercrafts and a spa to rival Saratoga Springs. Then I would like to be able to set aside a suite for a couple of weeks a year like a timeshare. Not asking for much - just some small choices.;)

DisneyOtaku
08-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Mine would pretty much be the Poly, but with the add-ons of the GF's shops, the Beach's pool (in addition to the Poly's theme pool), and a new building that could host a food court like the POP.

ThanxForNoticin
08-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Actually, the current Beach Club isn't too far off. It's the best location for us. I would add a couple things, though. First, we'd expand the EPCOT monorail to have a stop at BC, we'd have rooms with balconies overlooking Illuminations, and the animals from AKL would have a nice new savannah for our viewing pleasure. Throw in the Kitchen Sink dessert at BnC without any calories or weight gain, and we are absolutely set....

bruin1344
08-12-2009, 01:16 PM
i love all themes of the deluxes so my dream resort would be mainly location: a short monorail ride to MK like Contemporary, GF or Poly, and walk to Epcot/DHS from BC, YC, or Boardwalk

also the boardwalk nightlife in the resort

Disoriented
08-14-2009, 01:08 PM
I would use the Boardwalk location and keep the Boardwalk, add the peaceful ambience and the room size of OKW, the views and amenities of the AKL, the shops of the GF and the gardens of the Poly. I would also try to incorporate some of the tropical feel of CSR. Should be doable don'tcha think. :mickey:

I realize that the Boardwalk and peaceful ambience of OKW is a contradiction, but it's my dream right? :blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-14-2009, 10:19 PM
I'd need to add a feature that none of the resorts have: a bar that you can swim up to. It may be cheesy, but I've always wanted to stay at a resort with one.

crazypoohbear
08-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Heavenly beds!
2 queen bed and 1 bunk bed in a room~
kitchenette, at least, micro fridge, coffee maker, toaster oven
Monorail
savannah view
illuminations view OR
wishes view
stormalong bay pool
swim up bar
Port Orleans FQ quiet.
24 hour buffeteria (tubbi's, picabu)
Grotto pool from the dolphin/swan
movies pool side
sing along pub/ NOT karechokeme ~ ala, irish pub

disneyboundagain
08-15-2009, 12:04 AM
I'd pluck Poly right out of the ground, exactly the way it is, and put it exactly where the CR currently sits. This is the more economical of my two choices, the other being pluck MK and put it where TTC currently sits.:D:D