PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People are at it again! We leave and the luggage stays!

mouseketeer mom
08-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Waking up to your last morning at the Polynesian never feels good. And of course, the sun is beaming. The water is glistening. And we are homebound. We all had breakfast in the lounge and sat in our usual spot. We recapped the trip and then split up again. The kids headed to the MK while Steve and I packed. And shipped home. Did I mention I shopped? Coffee mugs, purses, amongst many other things we picked up along our way. We shipped home the dirty laundry too. Makes the homecoming easier for me.
Good bye lounge, good bye view, good bye fireworks from our patio...
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY3051.jpg
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY3068.jpg
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY3056.jpg
We checked in for our flight at curbside and handed in our luggage, all tagged for the flight home. The kids rejoined us, and we had one last hurrah in the lounge, and Yvette from the lounge gave us a huge bag of cookies to take with us. She is wonderful, and has watched my kids grow up through the years.
Off to the airport..not sooo sad, we will come back in November..The Poly or BLT? To be announced..
A peaceful flight, 4 bags collected at the carosaul, and no bag for Khloe. We waited, we waited, and no bag. We had to go to baggage dept and make a claim. Khloe was crying. Her favorite summer wardrobe was in there, her purchases from the trip...and her pink blanket that she still sleeps with from childhood. That was killing me. Her pink blanket!!!
It was a crummy end to the trip, but it was rectified in the morning when Jet Blue found the bag. DME got her bag to the airport later than the others. Hers was checked in to the airport after we were already in the air. They delivered it to our home in the am. Whew.
The trip was wonderful. Connection time. So needed before the busy school year starts. Now we are off to one more trip before the school year begins..to Maryland and DC..More business for my husband, but when school is not in session, we follow him along!!! 13 states in total this summer. Florida and WDW is our favorite, of course, and we can't wait for our return in November!!

BluewaterBrad
08-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I enjoyed all your reports. Your kids seem real fun to spend time with! Where in N. Jersey are you from??:mickey:

SBETigg
08-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Always sad to leave. I've lost luggage a few times now. They usually find it right away and get it to you fast. I'm glad Khloe got her things back. That could have been tragic! Can't wait to hear where you'll end up in November. :)

buzznwoodysmom
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey Lisa,

Looks like I am reading your reports backwards. I can't tell which one goes where. Hahaha. Sounds like a great ending to what I am sure I'll read was a great trip. Expect for the lost luggage. I am off to read more.

mouseketeer mom
08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey Lisa,

Looks like I am reading your reports backwards. I can't tell which one goes where. Hahaha. Sounds like a great ending to what I am sure I'll read was a great trip. Expect for the lost luggage. I am off to read more.

I know, I know..I should've numbered my days!!

tinksmom02
08-11-2009, 09:22 PM
thanks for a great report, Lisa! I'm glad you and the family had such an awesome time!
I don't think I've ever read a trip report and examined pictures so carefully--we check in to the Poly a month from tomorrow!!!

faline
08-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Been there with the lost luggage thing! So glad it was found!

yjgirl32
08-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Oh my goodness- that is terrible- my DS6 would be so heart broken so I know how she must feel. He has a "security" item too. I'm so glad they found it. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read the reports from the Nov. trip.

DizNee143
08-12-2009, 10:13 AM
sounds like a nice departing..day..got in alitle bit of disney then off you went..
it stinks the day had to end on a sorta bad note..so happy to hear they found it though!! what a relief!!
thanx for sharing your trip with us!! :mickey:

Mackflava99
08-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I am so glad she got her luggage- that would have been awful !!!

Its sad to go home always, i agree-

T-Belle
08-12-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry your reports are coming to an end. I've really enjoyed reading it everyday. Can't wait to hear all about your Thanksgiving trip.

dtootsie42
08-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Lisa thanks for another great trip report. I always love reading your reports and love the pictures of the kids. I can totally relate to the connection time....we think this maybe our last trip for a while. We usually go every two years. We realized life will be changing again in 2010...our oldest graduates from college in June (hopefully she'll be able to find a job), our middle will continue with her college studies, she is hopiong to become an illustrator and our youngest graduated in June and will start college in January. We figured December is a great time to connect before the girls go in all directions.

mouseketeer mom
08-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Your welcome! Glad you enjoyed it! Did you see all nine installments? I should've numbered them..a proud time for your family and your girls! Funny, I was just talking to my kids about that time, when they will be older and we won't be able to just pick up and go together like we do now...Glad you have a Dec. trip planned!

Lisa thanks for another great trip report. I always love reading your reports and love the pictures of the kids. I can totally relate to the connection time....we think this maybe our last trip for a while. We usually go every two years. We realized life will be changing again in 2010...our oldest graduates from college in June (hopefully she'll be able to find a job), our middle will continue with her college studies, she is hopiong to become an illustrator and our youngest graduated in June and will start college in January. We figured December is a great time to connect before the girls go in all directions.

dtootsie42
08-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Your welcome! Glad you enjoyed it! Did you see all nine installments? I should've numbered them..a proud time for your family and your girls! Funny, I was just talking to my kids about that time, when they will be older and we won't be able to just pick up and go together like we do now...Glad you have a Dec. trip planned!

Hey Lisa,

Yes, I read the entire report. My entire family enjoys your reports and we have gotten some good ideas from you all. We debated long and hard about not doing our regular two year trip. Finances are very tight with college and of course the economy so we sat down as a family had a huge debate and decided we just had to cut other things out and do this. Each of the girls also works so they are contributing especially to the airline tickets. I'm looking so forward to this trip!!!

I hope you have a terrific day!
Dana :mickey:

princessgirls
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Lisa,

Great reports. So glad that your family had a wonderful time of fun and togetherness while in Disney. These memories are so special.

May you continue to be blessed.

Julie:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks for a great trip report. I love the ones that are so well written I feel like I'm there with you.