PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard that ADRs are going back to 180 days?

laprana
08-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I just read on another site that CMs were informed today that WDW is going back to a 180-day booking window for ADRs and recreation. The switch from 90 days to 180 days is supposed to go into effect on Oct. 27. Has anyone heard anything about this or gotten any confirmation that this is true? :confused:

Strmchsr
08-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I've heard the rumor, but not seen any confirmation. Personally, I hope it's not true. 90 days is long enough. WDW is already struggling to release hours 90 days in advance due to constantly changing projections on crowds. No way they could do 180. Also, 180 days out cuts down on your number of "last minute" trips because people know with the DDP they won't be able to get the restaurants they like most or make other type plans. Perhaps WDW wants to move back to 180 to encourage folks to book farther out, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I've done the 180 and 90 and I like 90 much better.

Dsnygirl
08-11-2009, 05:44 PM
:( I really hope this isn't true... we always plan our trips more than 180 days out, but I'm still nowhere near ready at 180 days to book our meals -- I can't even get a calendar with park times and EMH at that point! Plus, it just feels "too far away" to be thinking about my trip in such detail at that point... 90 days, when it's that much closer, is perfect.

If Disney is doing this to try to calm the storm of frustration that has risen since the online booking began, and people doing multiple ressies and thus blocking others from getting premier dining spots, it isn't going to help... I think at 180 days, people are going to be even LESS sure of what they want, and more and more "false" ADR's are going to be made, for that "just in case" scenario we hear people using as an excuse.

Imagine the fury then... people trying to get a dining spot in June, July or August for their Christmas trip, only to find nothing available... Disney thinks it has mad folk now?? :confused:

It'sWDW4me
08-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I just saw this confirmed on my weekly newsletter from a VERY reputable source.

"Effective October 27, 2009, you will again be able to make Disney dining reservations 180 days in advance."

I was hoping they'd fix the problem of double ressies rather than just extend the timeframe back out.

Melanie
08-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Grrrrr! I don't like this news at all.

Dsnygirl
08-11-2009, 06:52 PM
"Effective October 27, 2009, you will again be able to make Disney dining reservations 180 days in advance."

I was hoping they'd fix the problem of double ressies rather than just extend the timeframe back out.
:( :( So, is there any way to let Disney know we don't like this idea? Do we just send a letter to the same e-mail address we send a complaint after a stay?? Grrrr, like Melanie said... this is really no good for people who don't necessarily want to make reservations 6 months in advance all the time. :mad:

Figment!
08-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Yes, it has been confirmed.

The announcement and official FAQ's regarding the change have been posted in Advanced Dining Reservation Changes Effective 10/27/09: Official Announcement & FAQ's (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=159537)

To keep discussion in one place, I'm going to close this thread and direct further discussion there.