PDA

View Full Version : Party For The Senses ?????

hoop de do
08-11-2009, 04:06 PM
We have been to Party For the Senses (PFTS) for the last four years. It has been one of the favorite parts of our October trip. This year the format has changed and I have spoken to two different people at reservations with no clear explanation of the layout. They have been very kind but I'm still left with questions. It is a pricey event, but for a middle income group it is a very nice experience. Has any other INTERCOTEE made reservations or know exactly what is going to happen. They started to take reservations today but I hesitated because of my answers not being answered to my satisfaction. Is there a number that I can call to get my questions answered.

Ed
08-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm not at all familiar with this, but I'm going to move this to Dining where I believe you'll get some input.

BluewaterBrad
08-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I dont understand. What are your questions?:mickey:

SallyP
08-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Disney is trying a premium seating area this year:

WINE VIEW LOUNGE is an exclusive area within Party for the Senses where
you can see and be seen! You can upgrade your Party for the Senses experience for
an additional $75 fee (per person, plus tax, including gratuity). Wine View Lounge
privileges include private reserved tables, premium bar, an artisinal cheese station and
more. Limited Availability.

They also changed the weekly format to 'themed' food from certain world regions or styles of cooking.

PA R T Y F O R T H E S E N S E S
A tribute to the sensory arts! During the festival, every Saturday becomes a truly
magical evening, celebrating gastronomic treasures. Begin your evening with a
reserved seat at the Eat to the Beat concert series at the America Gardens Theatre.
Following the show, World ShowPlace Pavilion becomes the setting for a grand tasting
where you will have the opportunity to walk around and sample regional food and
beverage specialties. In addition there will be lively entertainment to set the mood.
Where: World ShowPlace Pavilion
When: Saturdays, 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Price: $135.00 per person, plus tax, gratuity included - Theme Park admission required;
September 26 – Celebrating Spanish Cuisine
October 3 – Celebrating Comfort Foods With A Twist
October 10 – Celebrating South American Cuisine
October 17 – Celebrating Classical Cuisine
October 24 – Celebrating Asian Cuisine
October 31 – Celebrating The Fall Harvest
November 7 – Celebrating Italian Cuisine

Other than those facts no one is quite sure what and how food/beverage will be offered in the Wine View Lounge. Is there table service, are there premium wines being served? Just don't know.
You are so right about the phone CMs being clueless. I don't believe their supervisors did a very thorough job of coaching them.

hoop de do
08-12-2009, 08:40 AM
After reading my post again, I guess I assumed that everyone had been to PFTS. Sorry.
Thanks SallyP, Great info. In the past we have had no problem getting a seat but I do know that some people who came a little late did not get a seat and complained to CMs about it (rightfully so). Maybe that is why you can now get a reserved table for an extra $75.00. I enjoyed the variety of food at the past events. We were going on the Asian Cuisine night this year for my wife's birthday but not sure we'd like just Asian. With no one seeming to know exactly how this will be done, we have opted not to go. Hope I didn't discourage anyone from attending because it has been a memorable experience for us in the past but for the cost I think someone should be able to explain the changes a little better.
Everyone have a great vaca and I hope to see you at the WORLD.

SallyP
08-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks SallyP, Great info. In the past we have had no problem getting a seat but I do know that some people who came a little late did not get a seat and complained to CMs about it (rightfully so). Maybe that is why you can now get a reserved table for an extra $75.00. I enjoyed the variety of food at the past events. We were going on the Asian Cuisine night this year for my wife's birthday but not sure we'd like just Asian. With no one seeming to know exactly how this will be done, we have opted not to go. Hope I didn't discourage anyone from attending because it has been a memorable experience for us in the past but for the cost I think someone should be able to explain the changes a little better.
Everyone have a great vaca and I hope to see you at the WORLD.

We will be there for Asian night too but passed on PFTS this year. I like Asian food but I prefer variety at an event like this. Besides bbq beef ribs I don't know what Asian food would go with some nice big red wines. I'm not real keen on German wines like Riesling and that's what usually is served with Asian food. Maybe Asian would encompass Pacific Rim and then it would could be interesting but no one knows!

There are lots of new foods in the World Showcase to try this year so that's what we'll do!
Here's the complete schedule (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/special-events/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/) if you haven't seen it. You'll see where it says to download schedule on that page.

Have a great festival hoop de doo!