PDA

View Full Version : 500th POST Question?

steamboat willy
08-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I've been thinking about my 500th post while planning our Disney Trip that is now ONLY 27 Days away, that is if we don't leave even earlier.

DOES ANYONE ELSE DO THIS ?
Add an extra night or more AFTER making your initial Disney Reservation, even after making the "Final Payment" ? :D

Let me first say that we do drive down, about 10 hours so we are not restricted by plane tickets dates or changes. Just get in the Exporer and drive. :drive:

We started out with (9) nights, arriving on Thursday through the following week and checking out on Saturday. :sad:

Then we, well "I" decided to suprise DW with leaving the day before and added a night and changed our tickets to a (10) DAY HOPPER. :vacation:

Got our package yesterday in the mail and DW says there must be a mistake, (12) NIGHTS stay at WDW? Busted! :blush:

I have days of vacation built up to the max, I have never taken off two weeks at a time, one day is even a Holiday Day....I have Debbie at MJ on Speed Dial now, I know she thinks I'm crazy. :unsure:

As you can see by my signature, this is also for our 25th :wine: anniversary, so This Is Special.

Just wondering if you anyone else, after serious thought and consideration, decide to leave early just because you could? :magic:

SurferStitch
08-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Yep! We do the same thing sometimes.

Last October we left a day early (we also drive), and got down to WDW early in the afternoon the day before our ressie at the Grand Flo. Now, we just stayed in DTD, and with our AP's, were able to enjoy an entire afternoon/evening at Epcot and the F&WF! It was a blast!

Also, about 2 months before that trip, we added an extra day onto the end of the trip. All in all, we spent 2 full weeks there!

We've also added days here and there on other trips in the past, usually a couple months in advance. It's always nice to do that!

I don't think we'll be doing that this December, though. I'm trying to behave and stick to 10 days, but I know we'll be getting down a day early again, staying in DTD, and hitting most likely Epcot. The AP's make it so easy!

CanadianWDWFan
08-11-2009, 04:38 PM
We tend to do this everytime we drive down!:D

This year we planned on leaving WDW on September 4th, but found out that the first night of MNSSHP was on this day. So we just had to extend our stay by one day.:mickey:

Nearly every year we tend to leave a day earlier as well. Nothing like getting down to the magic and having extra time on your hands.