PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express

Soccermom12
08-11-2009, 11:21 AM
We recieved our ME tickets and luggage tags a while ago. Then I found out our flight was changed. Magical Journeys updated our flight info so our ME trip is all set...but does anyone know if the luggage tags are still good? Would we have to get our own bags or will ME still pick them up for us?

JPL
08-11-2009, 12:23 PM
The Tags are still good I had this happen to me a few different times and was told by DME to use the same tags since they are linked to the reservation. You can call them to make sure just to be safe and to make sure policy hasn't changed. But I think you are fine

tiaramom
08-11-2009, 12:23 PM
I forgot-
How long before do they send out vouchers etc?
I havent gotten mine- wondering???
a month?

disneymom15
08-11-2009, 01:46 PM
We received ours at about the 6 week mark. But, on average in the past, they've probably been sent between 2 to 4 weeks.

CleveRocks
08-11-2009, 04:36 PM
The Tags are still good I had this happen to me a few different times and was told by DME to use the same tags since they are linked to the reservation. You can call them to make sure just to be safe and to make sure policy hasn't changed. But I think you are fine
Your original information in your post is correct. There is no need for new luggage tags.

The luggage tags serve only one purpose, and that is the routing of your luggage from the airport to the resort. There is no information on the luggage tag about your flight times.

The most important thing on the luggage tag is the barcode. The barcode is the "computerese" equivalent of your resort reservation number. When the barcode is scanned, the CMs know to which resort to route the luggage.

The only reason Disney even needs your arrival flight info at all is so that they can have a pretty good idea of about how many guests are arriving at what time and what resorts they are going to ... this helps them staff the Disney Welcome Center and plan for bus dispatching.

CleveRocks
08-11-2009, 04:39 PM
We recieved our ME tickets and luggage tags a while ago. Then I found out our flight was changed. Magical Journeys updated our flight info so our ME trip is all set...but does anyone know if the luggage tags are still good? Would we have to get our own bags or will ME still pick them up for us?I'm glad that Magical Journeys took care of you, but for future reference, here is some info ...

If your flight TIME changed but your flight NUMBER remained the same, then there was no reason to contact Disney about it, as they already knew about it. Disney's database is in constant communication with the airlines' databases and the airport's database. When an airline changes the TIME of a flight, Disney's computer knows about it instantly.

If your flight NUMBER changes, then it IS necessary to inform Disney of the change.