PDA

View Full Version : I'm so upset!!!

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Hey everyone,

I guess I just need to vent and I'm hoping for some suggestions, too. We're going to be staying in the club level of the Beach Club from Sept. 30th to Oct 4. My husband and I are travelling alone for our anniversary and his b-day. A while back, the concierge called to inquire about whether or not we wanted to make dining reservations. I did, indeed, want to book Ohanas for the Friday night of our trip. I was told that it was a bit early, but she'd put the request in and go ahead and book it for us when she could. I guess I'm just too trusting, because I assumed it would get done. Well, I just called to check on everything, and I was told I had no dining reservations for Ohana and that every night of our trip was booked!!! No availability at all! I was also told (quite snittily, I might add) that they only had a note that they spoke to us and we'd call back. Hunh? I even wrote down the time I told her for our reservation! What the Heck! I called shortly after to inquire about a b-day cake for my husband and was told to wait on that until closer to our arrival date. Seriously? I've never had a complaint about Disney before. This is really upsetting me. I even said, " Well, I guess it's too bad for us" and she told me to have a nice day! Yikes! We're going again in January for my daughter's graduation and I'm really thinking about cancelling.

satchel01
08-11-2009, 10:22 AM
I feel upset for you! Wow, that is really poor customer service. And I just love how they just let themselves off the hook with "have a nice day" when they've ruined your plans and possibly your whole vacation since you've paid for a service you can't enjoy the way you wanted to. I don't understand why they didn't even try to help you find something else. I mean, where are you supposed to eat now? At this point it's going to be really hard to get anything at a table service...possibly buffets, but still. If I were that CM in concierge I'd have had myself on the phone so fast explaining my screw up to the 'Ohana staff and beggging them to help me fit you in. There are always people who don't show up and cancel last minute.
I'm sending some magic your way :magic: and hope you are able to get some decent restaurants booked ASAP!

SBETigg
08-11-2009, 10:23 AM
That's not right. You're upset and you need better attention than you've gotten. I would call and speak to someone else, the BC manager? I'm not sure what they can do for you for ADRs at this point, but I think they should have done their job in the first place and now they should be more accommodating.

I understand your feelings on this entirely. They dropped the ball. This is a good reminder to always call back and double check arrangements early on. And, if you're not satisfied, you could cancel. But I think they would want a chance to make you happy before losing your business entirely. I would be calling and calling back and trying to get this taken care of to my satisfaction. Best wishes with it. You deserve better, and I think they can give better.

disneykid@hrt
08-11-2009, 10:40 AM
I made ADR's- I thought- for CRT Breakfast, not knowing it was a HUGE deal. The next day I was reading in one of my guide books about how people have to synchronize their watches to the atomic clock and start dialing 7 seconds before 7 AM EST...and not 6 months out- 180 days, there's a difference... etc. And I'm like, what a minute??? I called 2 and a half months out in the middle of the day. So I call back to double check my reservation and the CM had made me a reservation for 1900 PF with Pooh & Friends! I had no idea. I don't know if there was a language issue or what. I don't know where she got that from?? If I never would have called I would have showed up at Cindy's Castle bright and early my first full-day at the Parks and been turned away! Thank God I called! It never hurts to follow-up.

So sorry about what's happened to you. What a major disappointment. I've always expected more from Disney.:(

Ian
08-11-2009, 10:40 AM
This is pretty much on par with the "concierge service" we received at the Poly.

Concierge/club level service at Disney is a joke and really no better than what you get in a regular room.

It's certainly not worth what you have to pay for it. For the price of a Club Level room in Disney you could get a suite at a Four Seasons and get real service.

The only thing you can do is call to complain to a Manager, but it's unlikely you'll get anywhere since you don't really have any proof and Ohana is all booked up.

It's unfortunate, but this kind of thing is becoming more and more common at Disney World. They just don't care.

Tink1
08-11-2009, 10:42 AM
We too are doing our anniversary trip at the end of September, staying Polyesian Club Level. I have yet to hear from the planning staff. Which is fine since I prefer to do my own dining anyway - that way I am sure I get what I want.

Only goes to show you why they changed the name to Club Level. Concierge service is not there.

Nanc

DisneyHoneymooners
08-11-2009, 11:00 AM
We are doing the concierge level at AKV for the first time this year. That's the only way to get the Sunrise Safari I've been dying to try. I'm not sure if it's a DVC thing but they contacted us via email and we did everything on the computer. We got all the places we wanted-I was even able to make a change. I saved all the correspondence and plan to take it with us but maybe I need to double-check.

DreamFinder2
08-11-2009, 11:04 AM
OP - The service you receieved (or didn't) is completely inappropriate. I would call the BC (ask for manager), email Disney guest relations and send a letter (snail mail) to guest relations as well. I've sent a private message to you with some contact info...

And...I'd keep checking Ohana availability on my own. Use the online ADR system and check daily...it's pretty quick and might lead to an availability/opening that would help to recover some of the magic that's been lost from your vacation.

Good luck!

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Thank you all for your support! Really, I know nothing (probably) can or will be done, but it's nice to vent to people who are sympathetic. Just a little update...

On a lark, I tried to book O'Hana myself the "regular" way...of course, nothing. I had to try, though. I called the Beach Club and their solution was to transfer me to Itinerary Planning (I was informed that no one calls it The Concierge, anymore...whatever). The person I spoke to this time tried to look in several different places, hoping that my reservation was booked and put in the wrong place. No. She tried to check O'hana's reservations...but the system is down! Yikes...again. At least she took down my information and assured me (supposedly) she'd call and e-mail when she IS able to check...to her credit, she was much friendlier and sympathetic to my disappointment. Seriously though? I know it's a lost cause. She informed me that, with the new system, there is nothing anyone can do about this. She actually said, "I have no power to help you if I don't find your reservation"! Again, What the Heck? I just kills me that I trusted them to do what the said they'd do. I'm usually so "on top" of everything when booking our Disney vacations. I even booked everything myself when we stayed at the Poly Club Level. If only they hadn't called...the phone call from them made me think to myself, "Hey, I'm paying for them to do this for me...so, I think I'll let them!" What a mistake. Yes, definitey a BIG reminder that, "if you want something done right, do it yourself!" and to double check...earlier.

:cry:

SBETigg
08-11-2009, 11:10 AM
I definitely agree with Eric. It is a shame, and I would keep calling and write a letter maybe-- but also, be proactive on your own. You want those ADRs, call and make them. Don't wait. See what you can get that will make you happy as an alternative to 'Ohana (so many great restaurants at Disney that we haven't even tried yet) and keep trying for 'Ohana, too. Your trip doesn't have to be ruined by someone's mistake. You can still save this and have a great time, and know to just make your own ADRS and not count on the club level service in the future, perhaps.

Edited to add: You were posting as I posted this. Good call, and I'm glad they're a little more helpful, but still-- they should be able to amend the situation a little better, one would hope. It is disappointing that you can't count on service. Maybe something will open up at 'Ohana by travel time. I wouldn't give up.

DreamFinder2
08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
TikiLounger...I can't send you a PM. If you'd like the info I've collected for you, send me a private message.

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 11:14 AM
OP - The service you receieved (or didn't) is completely inappropriate. I would call the BC (ask for manager), email Disney guest relations and send a letter (snail mail) to guest relations as well. I've sent a private message to you with some contact info...

And...I'd keep checking Ohana availability on my own. Use the online ADR system and check daily...it's pretty quick and might lead to an availability/opening that would help to recover some of the magic that's been lost from your vacation.

Good luck!

Thank You! I'm not sure how to receive private messages, but I'll check for it. Thanks for the tip about trying the online ADR system. Believe me...I'll be checking...daily. Hopefully, something will come up!

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I definitely agree with Eric. It is a shame, and I would keep calling and write a letter maybe-- but also, be proactive on your own. You want those ADRs, call and make them. Don't wait. See what you can get that will make you happy as an alternative to 'Ohana (so many great restaurants at Disney that we haven't even tried yet) and keep trying for 'Ohana, too. Your trip doesn't have to be ruined by someone's mistake. You can still save this and have a great time, and know to just make your own ADRS and not count on the club level service in the future, perhaps.

Edited to add: You were posting as I posted this. Good call, and I'm glad they're a little more helpful, but still-- they should be able to amend the situation a little better, one would hope. It is disappointing that you can't count on service. Maybe something will open up at 'Ohana by travel time. I wouldn't give up.

Yes, even though my first inclination is to whine and say, "If I can't do O'hana, I won't do anything...", I will try for something else, as well. Really, I won't let it ruin my vacation...stuff happens, right?

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 11:25 AM
TikiLounger...I can't send you a PM. If you'd like the info I've collected for you, send me a private message.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how to send or receive PMs...thank you for trying, though...

Ian
08-11-2009, 11:48 AM
She informed me that, with the new system, there is nothing anyone can do about this. She actually said, "I have no power to help you if I don't find your reservation"! Again, What the Heck? I just kills me that I trusted them to do what the said they'd do. I'm usually so "on top" of everything when booking our Disney vacations. I even booked everything myself when we stayed at the Poly Club Level. If only they hadn't called...the phone call from them made me think to myself, "Hey, I'm paying for them to do this for me...so, I think I'll let them!" What a mistake. Yes, definitey a BIG reminder that, "if you want something done right, do it yourself!" and to double check...earlier. Not to state the obvious, but why in the world would anyone book a "club level" room if they really don't add any value at all to the equation? She openly admits that she can't help you ... I find that amazing. What, exactly, is the "extra" you get from booking a Club Level room??

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how to send or receive PMs...thank you for trying, though...If you look in the upper right of your screen ... where your login information shows ... you'll see a link under your name and last visited information that says "Private Messages." Click on that or click on the User CP navigation item in the top nav and that gives you an option to view your PM's.

PittFan
08-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Don't give up trying the online ADR system. I was able to book an ADR for O'Hana this morning for my upcoming trip, even though there weren't any available yesterday. Check back every day. Good Luck !!! :mickey:

Septbride2002
08-11-2009, 01:22 PM
I agree with Ian (surprise, surprise) what exactly are you paying for by paying outrageous club level prices and not getting any service.

If it was me, and it isn't, but if it was I would be tempted to call the beach club back, inform them you are cancelling your club level reservations since obviously the service part of the equation is the same as that of a non-club level guest and you would prefer to save yourself some money.

Then take the extra you are saving and treat yourself to dinner at Victoria and Alberts! ;)

~Amanda

Ian
08-11-2009, 01:34 PM
If it was me, and it isn't, but if it was I would be tempted to call the beach club back, inform them you are cancelling your club level reservations since obviously the service part of the equation is the same as that of a non-club level guest and you would prefer to save yourself some money.

Then take the extra you are saving and treat yourself to dinner at Victoria and Alberts! ;)

~Amanda:ditto:

Tinkerfreak
08-11-2009, 02:27 PM
We had problems with the BC club level when we stayed there. They never contacted me about ADR's I had to contact them. I sent them an e-mail with all the ADR's I wanted including the times etc. They sent me back an e-mail confirming them all including confirmation numbers. when I got to my ADR at Boma I found out they had made it for 9:00 instead of 6:00. The manager at AKL was so great about squeezing us in and she commented on the trouble they have with the BC planning dept. When I first called the BC after realizing the mistake they made they were really rude to me. Had no desire at all to try to help me. I have stayed club level at AKL many times and never had this problem and have had wonderful service. If the club level rooms had not been moved to the 4th floor I would still be staying club level there. I did have a problem with the planning dept. at the WL once but they totally bent over backwards to correct the mistakes and truly did their best to fix things. I know mistakes can be made but it is how the mistakes are handled that make the difference.

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Ian...I was thinking the same thing...if she can't help me, then what am I paying extra for? The Club Level lounges are nice for the snacks and drinks, but they're not THAT nice! When we stayed at the Club Level of the Poly, I simply didn't know they would book our dining for us and I just went ahead and did it myself. I thought I was doing it right, this time, by trying to get what I paid for. I really thought it would be a something special for my Husband and I. As for the PM thing, I remembered after I posted that I needed to set my options to send and receive PMs. :thumbsup: Thanks for the info!

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 03:34 PM
I agree with Ian (surprise, surprise) what exactly are you paying for by paying outrageous club level prices and not getting any service.

~Amanda

Yes, my Husband has decided that he's calling the Beach Club tonight and saying exactly what you mentioned. Why pay for extras that you don't get? Oh, and there will be no transferring the call to Itinerary Planning. He wants to speak to a Beach Club manager...

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Don't give up trying the online ADR system. I was able to book an ADR for O'Hana this morning for my upcoming trip, even though there weren't any available yesterday. Check back every day. Good Luck !!! :mickey:

I won't...thanks!

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I know mistakes can be made but it is how the mistakes are handled that make the difference.

exactly

BluewaterBrad
08-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Good luck! I hope it works out for you.:mickey:

Ed
08-11-2009, 03:53 PM
The difference among the various resorts is surprising.

The only time we've stayed on a concierge level at WDW was at AKL, and the CMs there were amazing! It seemed to us that they were really bending over backwards to get us whatever we wanted, and then some!

Hope somebody at BC is able to sprinkle a little :pixie: onto the situation and work some magic for you.

Ian
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Ed ... You're like the third or fourth person who's praised the AKL concierge staff. That's interesting ... clearly they must be doing something right there.

Our one, only, and last experience with staying concierge level (yes Disney was still mis-labeling it "concierge" service when we used it) was at the Poly and the experience was incredibly disappointing.

I think I've recounted their failures enough times before on the boards that I don't need to re-hash it all, but suffice it to say that based on that one experience alone I would never, ever consider paying that extra again.

BrerGnat
08-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Tiki Lounger:

I just wanted to let you know that, if you can't secure an ADR, just try walking up right when 'Ohanas opens at 5pm for dinner.

On our last trip, I got violently ill with a stomach bug and missed out on dinner at 'Ohana. :( I was so upset, but insisted that my sister and friend go ahead and go to our 8:30pm ADR without me, since I had had SO much trouble getting it in the first place. I didn't want them to miss out on my account.

Well, they ended up having the same waiter we had two years prior (small world!) and he remembered them, and they were chatting and he asked where I was, and they told him about how I was sick, and upset that I couldn't make it, etc. Well, he said that we should try coming back another day, and just do a walk up at 5pm. He told them that they USUALLY will seat walk ups (small parties of 4 or less) right when the restaurant opens) because MOST people are late to their ADR's, especially the 5pm ones. So, they will fill the tables up right away in order to maximize the first hours profits. He has worked there SEVERAL years and he said it never fails that they will seat walk ups at 5pm...

So, here's giving you hope!

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Ed ... You're like the third or fourth person who's praised the AKL concierge staff. That's interesting ... clearly they must be doing something right there.

Our one, only, and last experience with staying concierge level (yes Disney was still mis-labeling it "concierge" service when we used it) was at the Poly and the experience was incredibly disappointing.

I think I've recounted their failures enough times before on the boards that I don't need to re-hash it all, but suffice it to say that based on that one experience alone I would never, ever consider paying that extra again.

We're never staying in CLub Level again...ever...but, if we did...we'd stay at AKL. :D

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Tiki Lounger:

So, here's giving you hope!

You have given me hope! I'm going to try it if I can't get ADRs.

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Good luck! I hope it works out for you.:mickey:

Thanks!

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Hope somebody at BC is able to sprinkle a little :pixie: onto the situation and work some magic for you.

Oh, I hope so. My husband usually gets better results than I do...

Mitzie
08-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Wow you guys make me nervouse:unsure:We are staying club level at AKL(for the safari) in Dec. and so far they have been great..Don has been awsome! They sent me the forms I needed and things and our 90 date is the beginning of Sept. I was also concerned about letting them do the ressies for us. Still might try to do my own just to see....

Ian
08-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow you guys make me nervouse:unsure:We are staying club level at AKL(for the safari) in Dec. and so far they have been great..Don has been awsome! They sent me the forms I needed and things and our 90 date is the beginning of Sept. I was also concerned about letting them do the ressies for us. Still might try to do my own just to see....If you read through all the posts in this thread, though, you'll feel better ... AKL's club staff has consistently gotten high marks.

TikiLounger
08-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Just a quick update...

My Husband called The Beach Club and spoke to a very helpful gentleman. He agreed that, if we're paying extra for club level service, it should not be our responsibility to check daily for an opening at O'Hana. He was quite miffed that our request was so poorly handled, and, although he couldn't guarantee a reservation, he assured us that he has a list of things to do and check on daily and that he would personally check O'Hana's availability for us...every day from now until the end of our trip. Hopefully, he really meant it. I'll probably end up checking for myself (maybe not every day), but at least I know he is, too. I feel a bit better about the whole thing, now.

SBETigg
08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
That's better news. I hope you end up with a lovely meal at 'Ohana one way or the other.

TammiMcMan
08-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Just wanted to clarify a few things. The CM was correct about it being called the Itinerary Planning Office (IPO). IPO is a service provided to guests who book a club level room and for guests on the Platinum package. At just about all the resorts, these are completely different CM's and not those who work in the club level lounge. It's part of the IPO's job to handle requests like ADR's, but unfortunately, as I've said many times, some CM's are just not very good at what they do. I've had CM's who have gone out of their way to shop for me and others who couldn't be bothered helping me plan a special anniversary treat.

I'm glad that you called back and talked with someone else. If it's easier, you can also communicate via e-mail, which gives you a record of what's been done. ADR's can be tricky and there's no guarantee that being a club level guest will get you in before someone calling on the regular phone line. Part of the club level service though, is that they should continue to check for cancellations without you having to do that yourself.

I hope this was nothing more than a bump in the road for you and that the rest of your vacation is stress free.

disneymom2000
08-11-2009, 10:34 PM
As with every other service oriented group in America, Disney is hiring more and more less efficient people. I can't even blame it on the economy - it is just the way people's work ethics are now days. Don't expect it to get any better in the future. And don't even let me get started on some of the people I have encountered there on their vacations. Everyone seems to think that Disney was created just for them and to heck with anyone else wanting to enjoy it. Since my last visit in 2008 I can't even get excited about Disney to plan another vacation. That surprises my whole family since I have been the go-to Disney person for the last twenty years.:(

Sneaky Pete
08-11-2009, 11:35 PM
our concierege was able to book everything we wanted, including a breakfast at Cindy's so I always assumed those guys were connected somehow and could get things done.

Reminds me of the time I followed-up on a disney trip I booked with a popular agency and they asked "what trip? Ouch. After that, I double check everything.

Ian
08-12-2009, 09:47 AM
As with every other service oriented group in America, Disney is hiring more and more less efficient people. I can't even blame it on the economy - it is just the way people's work ethics are now days. Don't expect it to get any better in the future. And don't even let me get started on some of the people I have encountered there on their vacations. Everyone seems to think that Disney was created just for them and to heck with anyone else wanting to enjoy it. Since my last visit in 2008 I can't even get excited about Disney to plan another vacation. That surprises my whole family since I have been the go-to Disney person for the last twenty years.:(If anything, the bad economy should make things better for Disney as, theoretically, there should be more people out of work and therefore a larger pool of workers to choose from.

The problem really is that Disney pays so little that for many folks it's just better to keep collecting unemployment.

our concierege was able to book everything we wanted, including a breakfast at Cindy's so I always assumed those guys were connected somehow and could get things done.They are most decidedly not "connected" and (as someone else already mentioned) have absolutely no ability to get you anything you couldn't already get for yourself.

Which is why calling it "concierge" was such a joke and they were forced to change it. It's also why I can't fathom why people pay extra for those rooms ... you really get nothing more than some minimal free food for your troubles and for about 1/4 the extra you pay to stay concierge you could just add on the DDP and get all your food for included!

Harriet
08-12-2009, 10:35 AM
This is one reason I would never book Club Level it is not worth the paper it is written on. If you could I would cancel and rebook a regular room. The money you save you could do a lot of other things. Just a though since this is a special dinner why not try Artist Point at WL. This is a great place and the food is excellant as well as the view. Another one would be Top of the World at CT. IMHO. I have been to Ohana's and to me it is nothing special. In fact I hate it when you hae to wait on the main course when everything else has been served. I like all my food except for desert to be served at the same time so they are all hot not cold.

TheRustyScupper
08-12-2009, 10:54 AM
1) There are strange things on both sides here.
2) Guest (OP)
. . . requested an ADR
. . . never checked back to see if it was done
. . . one should always double check and verify
. . . the IPO can help, but ADR's are not guaranteed
3) IPO
. . . should have tried to make the ressie
. . . something slipped through the cracks
. . . should be able to override and get the ADR
4) People chould not leave it to the IPO officve to make ressies.
5) They shoulod always call back to make sure it happens.
6) IPO is not a super magical department with super ADR powers.
7) They cannot always get the ADR the guest wants.

NOTE: There is a lot of back-and-forth going on. If there is a mention of the Ohana ressie on the file, then the manager should have no problem getting and ADR, even at a sold out eatery. A simple override slides the new ressie into the schedule.

offwego
08-12-2009, 12:21 PM
we have also done the club level at AKL and thought it was wonderful (we have AP's were staying one night there and two nights regular Poly and so were not using the dining plan for either)
We had wanted a boma adr but hadn't booked one as none were to be found for our party of three. We had one withing moments as part of check in. Had a lovely gift in our room, towel animals etc and the mints made my son happy on his pillow. All in all we enjoyed the lounge, resort atomsphere etc so much we didn't go and do EMH at Mk that night to continue to enjoy the relaxation mode.

While I've travelled for business and in the Fairmont chains and other such as Four Seasons etc I have to say the AKL was lovely and for the price it was (ap discount was obtained to be fair) a good value for us.

KAT1811
08-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Concierge/club level service at Disney is a joke and really no better than what you get in a regular room.

Glad to know we aren't missing anything!!! ;)

Personally I too would change my reservations if I were you. No point in paying for something you aren't getting. You could use the extra money to make your own "club lounge". Head down to the YC bar, grab a fabulous bottle of wine, some apps and :pixie: . Our you could always order room service and have your own private lounge.

He was quite miffed that our request was so poorly handled, and, although he couldn't guarantee a reservation, he assured us that he has a list of things to do and check on daily and that he would personally check O'Hana's availability for us...every day from now until the end of our trip. Hopefully, he really meant it. I'll probably end up checking for myself (maybe not every day), but at least I know he is, too. I feel a bit better about the whole thing, now.

Exactly how much more are you paying per night to have him make a 30 second phone call for you? Sounds like a lot of $$$ for a lot of aggravation!

This is one reason I would never book Club Level it is not worth the paper it is written on. If you could I would cancel and rebook a regular room. The money you save you could do a lot of other things.

:ditto: :ditto:

NOTE: There is a lot of back-and-forth going on. If there is a mention of the Ohana ressie on the file, then the manager should have no problem getting and ADR, even at a sold out eatery. A simple override slides the new ressie into the schedule.

Okay I agree with Rusty here. The manager should be able to get you an ADR no problem. Especially for two people. I used to work in fine dining and the only time I got nervous is when one of my staff members fouled up a large party reservation. Now squeezing in a large party is another story but two people is beyond simple. Especially for an eatery of that size. Their table turns are insane! I hate to say it but the BC manager sounds like he is pacifying you. If he presents the appearance of being overly helpful and compassionate you feel better and the situation is difused but you are no better off than you were before. A really good manager would have gotten you the reservation and paid for dinner for your inconvenience. Especially since you are celebrating two special occasions. Sometimes a small loss is a big win for a company, especially in the case of poorly handled situation. No service provider should be snippy, rude, or short with a customer (or guest). You can spend your money elsewhere and they should know that and be greatful you are spending it with them.

Sorry. I hope everything works out for you.

SurferStitch
08-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, he said that we should try coming back another day, and just do a walk up at 5pm. He told them that they USUALLY will seat walk ups (small parties of 4 or less) right when the restaurant opens) because MOST people are late to their ADR's, especially the 5pm ones. So, they will fill the tables up right away in order to maximize the first hours profits. He has worked there SEVERAL years and he said it never fails that they will seat walk ups at 5pm...

Aaaaaaahhhhhh.....that explains why ADR's tend to back up so badly for those of us who have later ADR's (like 6:30 on). It seems that we've waited longer and longer to be seated over the years, especially at 'Ohana, Le Cellier, Teppan Edo, etc.

TammiMcMan
08-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Whether club level is worth the paper it's written on, is really up to the CM's you deal with. We've had some amazing experiences, made all the more special by some incredible CM's. One particular trip included the Epcot IPO staff. It was during the holidays and I had planned many surprises for my family with their help. One thing I really wanted was an Illuminations cruise for my husband. I won't get into too many details, but I knew that the particular time I wanted, was going to be very difficult to get. They were in fact all booked, but the IPO told me not to worry. When we arrived, there was a card waiting for us, saying that it was their pleasure to give us an complimentary Illuminations cruise. They also helped me sneak in my oldest daughter who had joined us directly from her college (another surprise for my family).

They don't have "pull" with ADR's, but there are some things that can be done. They've even gotten us next day ADR's for the princess breakfast at the castle. In the past, ADR's made through the club level staff have been marked as VIP. I'm not sure if that's still the same with the new dining system.

Again though, it's all about who you deal with. For most of our trips, the service we received made me completely comfortable with having spent the extra money. I'm not "for" or "against" Disney's club level. I think everyone has their own idea of what they'd spend the extra money on. It's more about an acceptable level of customer service.

KAT1811
08-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Whether club level is worth the paper it's written on, is really up to the CM's you deal with.

Unfortunately club level service should be consistent regardless of which CM you get not contingent on a "good" CM. Sounds like quite a roll of the dice. :(

TammiMcMan
08-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Yes, it's very unfortunate that it's a roll of the dice, but in all aspects of life, we find people who are just willing to go that extra step. While I love to imagine Disney as being different from the rest of the world, it just isn't. That's why I'm so disappointed that Disney doesn't have guest survey cards or follow up with anyone on the service they receive. How else will they know who is falling below standards?

Ian
08-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Unfortunately club level service should be consistent regardless of which CM you get not contingent on a "good" CM. Sounds like quite a roll of the dice. :(This is really a major problem with the way operations at Walt Disney World is structured.

Each resort basically operates like its own business. There appears to be no real oversight on how individual resorts are run. It really seems like the only measure of success is profit.

TammiMcMan
08-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Each resort basically operates like its own business. There appears to be no real oversight on how individual resorts are run. It really seems like the only measure of success is profit.I've talked to a few people about this. I was very surprised to find out years ago, that the club levels didn't have one consistent model. Instead, they were all doing their own thing. Some called guests well in advance, while others were being contacted at 30-60 days out (some slip through the cracks and aren't contacted at all). Pre-planning questionaires were mailed to Poly guests, but no one else.

I thought the combining of the departments would lead to consistency, but it seems that it's still hit or miss and maybe even more so, because they have less staff doing the work.

brownie
08-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Doesn't seem worth paying extra for this to me.

Jen C.
08-14-2009, 10:06 PM
As usual, there is a positive for every negative.

We had an AWESOME experience with Julia in IPO. She handled all of our ADR's, even securing very hard to get ones. She called us at 95 days out to get everything ready for that 90 day mark. She e-mailed on the morning of the 90 day, all of our ressies, as well as appointments for BBB and the Pirate make-overs.

This was also for an upcoming stay at BC.I'm so sorry the OP experienced such poor customer service. Too bad that there are such variances is levels of customer service in the same dept.!!

TheVBs
08-15-2009, 09:14 AM
That's why I'm so disappointed that Disney doesn't have guest survey cards or follow up with anyone on the service they receive. How else will they know who is falling below standards?

I was really pleasantly surprised when I received a card in the mail to participate in an online survery after our 2007 trip. I was hoping they'd do the same after this trip, but they didn't.

Kerry
08-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I have stayed CL at the BWI for the past 5 years. I go between 2-3 times a year. IPO for the Epcot resorts, BC, YC and BWI, have always been wonderful to us. I usually try to deal with one person for my trip. The CMs do transfer to other positons and I have to start again with a new CM. I always put everything in an e-mail so I have a record of everything.

I have chosen to stay at the bWI CL for the service I receive from the cast of the Innkeeper's Club. These are not the CMs you deal with through IPO, as Tammi mentioned. These CMs are my main reson for returning to the BWI. They all go above and beyond for their guests. They try their best to make your trip as magical as possible. I feel so at home there and enjoy chatting with the CMs.

When ever I had any issue it was solved promptly and professionally. I have only had an issue 2or 3 times. My husband and I feel it is worth every penny we spend to stay there.

We will be back in just 48 more days and we can't wait.:mickey: