PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express - Luggage

MomTo3Tiggers
08-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Once we get to the airport, we're going to be stopping for my kids to eat a snack before we get on the bus. If we're going to be waiting for them to eat, it occurred to me that we could just get our luggage and carry it with us. (Okay - so I'm also a bit of a control freak when it comes to my luggage.)

What would people recommend? Is it a hassle or not a big deal?

Pirate Granny
08-10-2009, 11:03 PM
you will have to go downstairs to get your luggage and then back upstairs to eat...I wouldn't leave my luggage on the carosel while I was eating as they will remove and take to a back room. I would just let Disney do their thing and take your luggage...it may actually make it to your room before you do...
:pirate:

CleveRocks
08-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I agree with Pirate Granny. You'll have to go down to the first floor to get all of your luggage, and then take the elevator back up to the third floor and then you'll lug it all around until you find a place to eat, and then arrange it all around you so that no one steals it and no one thinks it's unattended luggage and brings it outside to detonate it.:D

And then you'll have to lug it back down to the first floor and then lug it to the DME bus, and then after you get to your resort you'll be tipping your driver for helping you with your bags (when you use the DME luggage service, you never see the people handling your bags, and Disney pre-tips the resort cast members who deliver the bags to the inside of the resort rooms).

It may help you feel better about DME luggage service to know that the DME luggage tags have barcodes, and each barcode is scanned 5 separate times between airplane and inside of resort room. In addition, the dedicated DME luggage delivery trucks are tracked by GPS. In other words, Disney knowes where your bags are at all times.

seanyred
08-11-2009, 07:58 AM
I agree with the other two posts. Just let DME take care of your luggage while you eat at the airport. It would be to much of hassle to get your luggage then bring it back upstairs. I must say it is very nice to go to your resort and when your room is ready your luggage is waiting for you in your room.

Also if you arriving before 4pm leave your carry- on with the front desk after you check in. That way you are free to do what you want at the resort or at the parks. If I remember right they will also put your carry-on in your room when it is open.

PetefromRI
08-11-2009, 09:10 AM
We always get our luggage when we take the ME.Is it a bit of a hassle?Yes.But we like to have our stuff with us.Lately we've bypassed the ME and taken a towncar from QuickSilver.We're going back in about 3 weeks on the cheap so we'll be taking the ME but we're only taking carryons since it's only for 4 nights.

disneykid@hrt
08-11-2009, 10:30 AM
We used DME on our last trip and I was suprised at how stress free it was. The whole airport routine is so hectic, it was just nice to have a break from some of it. Just make sure you really plan for what you'll need on the day of your arrival and pack it in your carry-on - sometimes the service can be delayed.

Disney_Barbie
08-13-2009, 09:26 AM
(Okay - so I'm also a bit of a control freak when it comes to my luggage.)

As am I, but actually despite my control issues I prefer Disney to handle my luggage for me. In a werid way, I actually feel like I have more control when disney fully takes care of it for me. The whole idea of my luggage going around and around on that carosel where ANYONE could grab it (either my mistake thinking it was theirs or with the intentions of actually stealing it!) freaks me out! I like the fact that with M.E. the public doesn't have access to my bags!

AmandaChan
08-14-2009, 09:14 AM
I, like you, was once a control freak about luggage.

But the last time we went to Disney I let Magical Express take care of it and it was great. The luggage got to our room within a couple hours all in one piece.

I just made sure to bring extra clothes in our carry on and any items we'd need once we got to Disney. When we got to the hotel we went out to the parks and by the time we got back it was sitting there nice and safe.

AmandaChan
08-14-2009, 09:16 AM
The whole idea of my luggage going around and around on that carosel where ANYONE could grab it (either my mistake thinking it was theirs or with the intentions of actually stealing it!) freaks me out! I like the fact that with M.E. the public doesn't have access to my bags!

Yeah, and I also get nervous when you put the luggage on the bottom of the bus and other people get off before you and get theirs. I always sit on the right side and peer over to make sure no one is taking MINE!! haha.

Seasonscraps
08-14-2009, 09:38 AM
What about picking up the snack when you get off the plane but having the kids eat it downstairs near the bag carousel? It will take a few minutes to get the bags off the plane and to the terminal anyway. IIRC there's a couple of chair clusters in that area. Or you could plan the meals/snacks that day so they will be ok to wait until you get to the resort.

ransam
08-14-2009, 12:05 PM
i love the fact i dont' have to carry my luggage, so i suggest have your snack, and then enjoy the benifit of your luggage going directly to your hotel.

queenii
08-17-2009, 06:36 AM
I love ME and if I were you I would use it! Are you sure you want to eat in the airport? I would pack a granola bar and get on the DME bus asap. I think eating at your resort or a park would be better than the airport.

I really would like to use ME for our luggage, but our flight. if on time, won't arrive until 9:15pm. I have read suggestions to just grab your own and take it on the bus with you when arriving late. I really think it is so much easier to let ME handle it but I'm afraid of being woke up at 2am with luggage delivery. Not sure what to do???

CleveRocks
08-17-2009, 09:40 AM
I really think it is so much easier to let ME handle it but I'm afraid of being woke up at 2am with luggage delivery. Not sure what to do???
When you arrive at your resort, ask Bell Services to hold your DME bags 'til you call for them in the morning. You'll already have your well-stocked carry-ons, anyway.

MomTo3Tiggers
08-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks everyone!

Gregandmel
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah, and I also get nervous when you put the luggage on the bottom of the bus and other people get off before you and get theirs. I always sit on the right side and peer over to make sure no one is taking MINE!! haha.

OMG!!! I did that TOO!!!!! (And I thought I was the only one!):secret: