PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs or Carribbean Beach?? Opinions...

tmz814
08-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I am looking at booking a Disney vacation in November and am trying to decide between these two hotels. I have not stayed at either before so I am looking for other opinions before I make my decision.

If you had the choice between the two, which would you choose: Coronado Springs or Carribbean Beach and why?

Thanks for your help. :-)

Saron the Great
08-10-2009, 10:52 PM
That depends on if you have kids...

If so CBR and go for a pirate room, if no kids I say CSR, looks more relaxing......Whatever you do enjoy!

tmz814
08-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks.

No kids. Just two adults.

JPL
08-10-2009, 11:08 PM
After my recent experience at CSR I would definately go with CBR.

If you would like to read my review Click here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=157391)

This was 2nd bad experience I had at this resort and believe me they will not get a 3rd strike from me.

nicster
08-11-2009, 01:19 AM
We have done both. We are going back to CBR this September, but I would not be disappointed to go back to CSR. I think the property for CSR as well as the Food Court area are more sophisticated than CBR. However, I am a sucker for the Caribbean, and CBR seems more centrally located to the parks.

jnfr2424
08-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Wow you do have a tough decision
I have stayed at both CBR more than CSR bascially they both have the same set up with private pool areas as well as a main food court and main pool area.
CSR was nice loved that they had a gym while CBR didn't but they did offer a mini bar in the room.. IMO I liked CBR more and in certain spots you can see Epcot and see fireworks. Good luck on your decision!

buzz2001
08-11-2009, 06:08 AM
CSR would be my choice.

Here is just some quick info on CSR.

CSR has newly renovated rooms and queen beds (only mod to offer them).

A terrific main pool area that includes a 123 ft slide (2nd largest at WDW), sand volleyball court, hot tub (largest on WDW property), a bar, and snack bar (very good food for CS).

Reliable transportation that is not shared with other resorts, 4 resort stops and quick rides to all the parks. CSR has the closest bus stops to the park entrances too (first stop at DHS and MK)!

Other amenities you may be looking for in a resort.

A spa, salon, tanning beds, a lap pool and fitness center (free to its guests).

Full menu room service, expensive though.

Central air, flat panel TV’s and WiFi available.

Rix Lounge – a dance club voted most trendy bar in Orlando.

A business center with computer access.

jenny1976
08-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Another vote for CSR!!! It is roomy, relaxing, good food, great ambiance and very convenient. If it's just the two of you, trust me it is the Resort to go to. The CBR is more family oriented than CSR, so, more noise, more kids, more pandemonium, less romance...Only MHO!

disney100%
08-11-2009, 08:41 AM
We love CBR and have stayed there many times. We stayed at CSR just one time and the experience was so disappointing that we vowed never to return. And, I am not talking one or two things that we didn't enjoy (and we are pretty easy to please, especially in Disney).

As for CBR, we always request Jamaica (the yellow and blue buildings). It is across the bridge to Old Port Royale and a nice walk. The Banana Cabana is a fun place to sit outside and get a drink. We like the food court, but have never tried Shutters. With the remodelling of the pool area, it is quite nice and we are looking forward to returning in February!

Darbylew
08-11-2009, 08:46 AM
I vote for CBR. I have never stayed at CSR but
I just love CBR. I love the colorful buildings,
the food court is good and the grounds are
lovely. I am sure where ever you stay you will
have a great time in the land of MICKEY and
the MAGIC. :mickey::magic:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2009! :D

kathiep
08-11-2009, 09:00 AM
We've stayed at both and IMHO, I don't think you can go wrong either way. Both resorts are beautiful. We love the laid back island feel of CBR. The atmosphere is really great. But we think that the main pool area and food court at CSR are much better. The pool is larger and never feels crowded. The food court has much more in the way of selections and the food is of better quality. Either way, I'd happily return to both.

T-Belle
08-11-2009, 09:17 AM
I've stayed at both and given a choice between the 2 I would definitely choose CBR. We had a lot of problems with check in, our room and mousekeeping at CSR.

KatMark
08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
I would say CSR--especially for two adults. Have stayed seven times and number eight is coming up in 40 days! We've never stayed at the CBR and we never will--the theme of the rooms and the resort itself just don't appeal to us (we go to the beach when we're in Florida). We have visited CBR twice and eaten at the food court which we found to be one of the worse food courts on Disney property.

However, oldest DS (age 23) just came back from being at the CBR last month. While he enjoyed his stay and had no major problems with the resort, he says he missed CSR and would only stay at the CBR if the CSR and other resorts were not available. His main complaint...way too many kids at the pool. Yes, he understands fully that it is Disney and Disney is kids, but with the newly rehabbed pool it was just filled at times with too many little kids and they were always worried about running into them, etc. Oldest DS was with a 13-year old travel baseball team that he coaches and they ended up going to the water parks two days to get away from the "crowds" at the pool.

Back to CSR: we have had seven perfect stays. Wonderful CM's--they have gone above and beyond on numerous occasions; great mousekeeping each and every visit, beautiful grounds, romantic walks through the Casitas courtyards, new queen beds, new nightime lounge (no kids allowed after 9 p.m.), fitness center/spa, largest hot tub of all the moderates. We just love everything about it. DH and I celebrated our 25th anniversary there this past September. He offered me the Poly as a special treat and I chose to stick with "home"--CSR!

Disney Doll
08-11-2009, 11:13 AM
We've stayed at both and CSR is by far our favorite moderate. The food selection is better, the pool is nicer, and the atmosphere is just more adult. We take our toddler and there are certainly kids there, but it's not overrun with kids like CBR seems to be. I love kids, but I also like taking quiet relaxing walks through the resort grounds. I think if I were taking an adult only trip I would choose CSR for sure.

Every resort will have a slip up every now and then. We had absolutely no problems at CSR, but we did have serious problems with mousekeeping at CBR so much so that MIL got a discount on her room because of the hassle. I figure it's an isolated incident and is not enough for me to rule out CBR. I just point that out because I think it's important to take negative reviews with a grain of salt.

Both are nice resorts and I would happily stay at either one again.

ThanxForNoticin
08-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Another vote for CSR. It's our favorite moderate, as well. Every family has their own preferences, but really like the look and feel of CSR much better than CBR. The pool is better for us, and we really prefer the Pepper Market for eating - better selection and better food (in our opinion and experience).

One thing stated several times that is absolutely true - you don't have a bad choice here. Both are quite nice.

Mousemates
08-11-2009, 12:50 PM
my vote (between these two moderate resorts and excluding all others) would be for the CSR...our only real issue there was the food court which for our visit was less than average taste wise and very unappealing from a sanitation stand point...(just before we left I watched a girl drop her rubber serving glove on the ground, pick it up and put it back on and handle food).

So while I wouldn't eat there, I would gladly spend the night (really enjoy having the queen beds). I

Boost
08-11-2009, 09:48 PM
I think that some of these experiences that are subpar may be due to cutbacks and the lackluster economy. Does anyone agree?

Bohms4
08-13-2009, 10:24 AM
CSR is the only mod we haven't tried and we're going to try it out next year. CBR is our least favorite out of the mods....we won't go back.

Mackflava99
08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
We went to both Pools this year- CSR is better- both are very good pool wise-

I have stayed atCBR before and dint like it-

CSR is very good, and would be my choice, basically for the pool - but i gather both are not bad.

MNNHFLTX
08-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Caribbean Beach is my least favorite moderate resort too. Some of that is due to theming (having lived in hot southern climates much of my adult life, the tropical decor and palm trees are nothing special to me). But part of it is due to the resort layout. Not that it's just so spread out, but they have the Custom House (where you check in) a good distance away from Old Port Royale (the main building with the food court, restaurant and gift shop). I found this inconvenient at check-out if we wanted to check our luggage (at the Custom House) and then go grab something to eat before catching the Magical Express transportation back to the airport.

I really liked Coronado Springs when we stayed there some years back--found it very relaxing (loved the hot tub!) and with extra amenities that you don't find at the other moderates (i.e. the queen beds, fitness center, etc.) I will be staying there again in December of this year, so I guess I will find out then if it still compares favorably.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
We've never stayed at Carribean Beach, but we did enjoy Coronado Springs. The foodcourt is the best of any we've tried with a wide variety of offerings. I also liked that there are bus stops spread around the resort so no matter where your room is you don't have too far to walk.

clou1028
08-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I will be staying at CBR for the first time when we go in 6 weeks.

I have stayed at CSR and I really loved it. It's beautiful, I loved the food court, the pool, the grounds, everything was very nice.