PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Question

2girlsmom
08-10-2009, 10:09 PM
We're headed back to WDW in December and are staying at the Contemporary for the first time (YEAH!!!). Can anyone shed insight on the bus transportation? Is it shared with other MK resorts or does the Contemporary have it's own buses for DHS, DTD,and AK? Thanks!!!

WishesFan13
08-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I haven't stayed at contemporary, but stayed at poly twice. I don't remember which buses share, but i know CR shares at least one bus with poly. I know that's not much help, but it's a bit of an answer.

ransam
08-13-2009, 02:30 AM
i am not sure, but i am pretty sure it has it's own...you can take the monoral to both MK (yuo can basically walk there), and epcot..

wdwfansince75
08-13-2009, 07:54 AM
In the past, CR shared buses with Poly and GF....Route was CR to Poly to GF to Blizzard Beach to Animal Kingdom...and back to CR, and second bus, CR Poly GF DHS TL CR....In PM, DTD bus makes TL stop, and DHS bus is direct....Never had crowding problem from CR, but noted several occasions when GF passangers needed to stand....Reverse trips do get a bit crowded, and you may wind up standing......
Lesson we learned last trip....There are direct buses between the TTC and AK and between TTC and DHS...No BB or hotel stops...Use monorail to TTC, and catch the bus...Buses from AK and DHS to TTC are rarely crowded....The TTC buses won't save much time, but are less crowded in both directions...

DizNee143
08-13-2009, 09:49 AM
i stayed at the Contemporary in Oct..and i only remember sharing with the Poly..

Tippy
08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
When we stayed at the Contemporary in 08 the bus to the other parks only shared with the Poly.

CleveRocks
08-14-2009, 07:52 AM
You can walk to Magic Kingdom, it's roughly 5-8 minutes. If you take the monorail, expect it to be at least 20 minutes or more, plus wait time for it to arrive.

To get to Epcot, the only way to go is monorail. But you will have to change trains. You will board the monorail inside your hotel, but then will have to get off at the next stop, the Transportation & Ticket Center. There, you'll need to exit the train, walk down off the platform and walk around to another platform and then wait for an Epcot monorail.

Yes, as you've learned, Contemporary shares buses to get to Disney's Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney. But Contemporary is always the first for pick-ups and the first to drop off. I just can't imagine doing what wdefansince75 suggested, to take a monorail to TTC and then wait for a DHS or AK bus ... it will take longer, and there is no guarantee it will be a less-crowded bus. As a former Polynesian guest, I used those TTC buses numerous times, and I know from experience that it can be standing-room-only on those buses, too.

BrerGnat
08-14-2009, 01:48 PM
It shares with Polynesian only. This was as of March/April 2009.

Don't know how/if the status will change with the opening of BLT, and the additional guests.