PDA

View Full Version : Moral of the story: Never Say Never pre-trip report.

Emsparents
08-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Cast of Characters:

Me: 40 yr old Disney Addict
DW: 40 yr old Disney Addict Wife
DD: 6 year old who loves Disney
DMIL: Mother in Law aka "Nana"

First of all this is my first ever trip report so bear with me and I hope it is enjoyable to those who read it:

There was a lot of debate as to when to go on this trip. We kicked around our normal Nov-Dec time frame as well as looking into October and MNSSHP. But when it was all said and done Free Dining won out and we are doing something we swore we would NEVER do again, go to Disney in August! It just all fell together that this was the best time so we wouldn't have to take our DD out of school. This will be our sixth trip in five years so we are not worried about seeing everything. We will also be taking Nana on this trip as she has not been the last two trips. We are also staying at a resort we have not stayed at before, CBR, so we are excited and apprehensive at the same time. We have been to POP the last 3 trips and absolutely LOVE it. It is our favorite and DD's as well. But it was booked so we had to choose between ASMovies or CBR, so we decided to go for the upgrade. Our dining options are the same as usual: LeCellier, Chef Mickeys (twice!), Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine Character Bfast, and Princess Breakfast in Norway. We leave Friday morning at 6:00 am and hope to make Daytona Beach area before calling it a day. We are really looking forward to this trip and are in need of a dose of Magic as only WDW can deliver. Hopes are the crowds will be fairly light and the rain will be limited to a shower or two each day. Any way we can't wait and we are excited about returning to the Magic! Will post trip reports upon return. See you all then!

SallyMcQueen
08-10-2009, 10:27 PM
That sounds like lots of fun. Have a great trip. CBR is a wonderful resort. The pool is great for kids your daughter's age.

disney100%
08-11-2009, 08:32 AM
I am also a huge CBR fan too. The grounds are lovely and the new pool area is great! I think my kids loved the kiddie pool area more than the parks on our last trip . . . ok, maybe not more, but as much as! I would say to request Jamaice Building 45. It is across the water from Old Port Royale and we just love it! Have fun!

yjgirl32
08-11-2009, 08:43 AM
We stayed at CBR in 07 and liked it a lot. The area is very large, but manageable and I took my mom who was 64 and my aunt who was 77 and they were fine- tired at the end of the night- but ok. Hope you have a great trip!

DizNee143
08-11-2009, 09:13 AM
sounds like its going to be a great trip!
i hope the weather wont be that bad for you guys!! cant wait to hear all about it when you get back! :mickey:

T-Belle
08-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Have a magical time, can't wait to read all about it. Your going to love CBR!

faline
08-11-2009, 11:15 AM
What a terrific trip you have planned! Glad it all pulled together for you! Have a great time and please be sure to tell us all about it when you return!

RedSoxFan
08-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Sounds like a great trip. You will love CBR. Have a wonderful time.:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
08-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Have a great time!:mickey:

Mackflava99
08-12-2009, 04:00 PM
i wish you all a magical trip- !!

BPATSMouse
08-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Sounds like a great trip and I look forward to the trip reports.:mickey: